What's new

India provides enough wheat to Afghanistan

Sher Malang

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
Afghanistan ministry of agriculture and livestock said that India has committed to contribute some 170,000 tons of wheat to Afghanistan, part of 500 thousand tons it had earlier promised to provide for the poverty suffered nation.

Afghanistan, according to the ministry’s spokesperson, Lutfullah Mashal who was speaking to media evaluates the aids very important during the current critical condition, amid the country’s needs to import 1.3 million of wheat from other countries to complete its total need of over six million tons each year.
The spokesman said currently, the ministry has 9 wheat stocks, used only in emergency situation.
Recently, Afghanistan ministry of finance said India had previously committed to donate 170,000 tons of wheat to Afghanistan, which has arrived in the country in two phases, via the Iranian Bandar Abbas (Abbas Port.)

Economic expert and University teacher, Saifuddin Saihoon told The Kabul Times that India was among the biggest aid providing countries to Afghanistan in different fields of economic and security and that the aids flown from the friendly country shouldn’t be ignored.

“Afghanistan—even a landlocked—but, is a countrywith proper agricultural lands and good natural reassures. It can grow any types of fruits as well,” said Saihoon who blamed the ministry of agriculture for having lacked of enough capability to launch effective programs.

But, another expert confirming the aids coming from India to could tackle some economic challenges of the people in short-term, believed as in long-term, asked the government particularly to do its best to stand on its economic feet, through launching effective agriculture programs, with the government he asked torun other economic and productive fields to help the Afghan people get rid of needs from other countries.

Meantime, the ministry of agriculture and livestock said it had prepared a program for self-sufficiency of the country in terms of sufficient wheat provision, which would help the country stand on its feet by 2022 (inthe next six years), though, the ministry’s authorities have earlier assured the people for helping them reach the goal, (including the irrigation and wheat supply spheres) in short-term, if the government allocatesit enough budget.

Despite, high capacities of Afghanistan in the field of agriculture, through accessing wide farming lands, there is a need for importing most part of their wheat needs from other countries.

http://thekabultimes.gov.af/index.p...des-enough-wheat-to-afghanistan-official.html

@A-Team
For decades, Pakistan has been providing wheat but I haven't seen a single thread like this from any Afghanistani.

Yesterday I was hearing Habib Wardak, I don't know what post he held in Kabul. He was saying Pakistani govt didn't treat Afghan refugees as human and it didn't want them there in Pakistan.

If they were not treated as human how could they own businesses of millions from Peshawar to Karachi ? Have they tried doing such open business in Iran, while remaining refugee ?
Also, now give a try doing business in India and live there as refugee. Hope Habib Waradak's big mouth would be wide open after hearing reply of bania in India.

How could they even enter Pakistan, if Pakistan govt didn't want them ?

Hope Indian govt likes and loves these refugees. Why don't they just allow Afghanistani refugees in Pakistan to enter India and then let them live as citizens of their own while doing business along side ?

@A-Team
For decades, Pakistan has been providing wheat but I haven't seen a single thread like this from any Afghanistani.

Yesterday I was hearing Habib Wardak, I don't know what post he held in Kabul. He was saying Pakistani govt didn't treat Afghan refugees as human and it didn't want them there in Pakistan.

If they were not treated as human how could they own businesses of millions from Peshawar to Karachi ? Have they tried doing such open business in Iran, while remaining refugee ?
Also, now give a try doing business in India and live there as refugee. Hope Habib Waradak's big mouth would be wide open after hearing reply of bania in India.

Hope Indian govt likes and loves these refugees. Why don't they just allow Afghanistani refugees in Pakistan to enter India and then let them live as citizens of their own while doing business along side ?

Some mix of:
1. Deliberate amnesia
2. Dishonest amnesia
3. National psychological trauma after 40 years of war

@A-Team

Where did you see Habib Wardak?

Considering the location of Afghanistan and its proximity to central Asia, Afghanistan can be a hub of economic activity, especially when everyone is Vying to get to Central Asia. I am confident of Afghan Armies ability to defeat terror once and for all.

@A-Team

Your wheat was provided in business terms which in return Afghans paid you, Like we pay for Kazaki or Tajiki wheat. But if you had read this thread carefully it's about India's 'donation'.

Some mix of:
1. Deliberate amnesia
2. Dishonest amnesia
3. National psychological trauma after 40 years of war
Where did you see Habib Wardak?

ALjazeera english .. it was some months old program

Your wheat was provided in business terms which in return Afghans paid you, Like we pay for Kazaki or Tajiki wheat. But if you had read this thread carefully it's about India's 'donation'.

How can you say Pakistan never donated wheat ? And yet only wheat ?
Yes there was no donation from Pakistan never ever. Oh you thankless people.

Pakistan has bumper wheat crop and is looking to sell the surplus but Afghans have no money

How can you say Pakistan never donated wheat ? And yet only wheat ?Yes there was no donation from Pakistan never ever. Oh you thankless people.

It might have donated a small quantity of wheat once or twice but Pakistan will not harm it's wheat business with Afghanistan by donating large quantity of wheat.

Let me give you a tip, the ratio of Pakistan's donations and terror export to Afghanistan is what makes Afghans never recognize the donations by Pakistan.

On the other hand Afghans faced zero threat from India and that country's donations are always plus points in our relations.

Back
Top Bottom