India Pakistan Economic Unification

Pakistan and India should move toward economic unification

• Yes

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its my humble request to all my fellow Pakistanis to distance themselves from india and indians as much as possible and become closer to China, Central Asia, Turkey, and the Middle East.

4 wars and long-lasting ongoing disputes with a country can never be trusted.

Also what makes you think india will share its economic growth with Pakistan when it doesnt even share its economic growth with the 800 million indian people in india who live in utter poverty.

You know, if you really push hard you might be able to push Pakistan away from India and then perhaps settle it somewhere in South China sea. But you will need to have heavy breakfast that morning and perhaps high keratin diet for couple of weeks. :pop:

Last edited:
We may have had a long cultural relationship in the past *cough* However I think India is fine right now where she stands. :)

Pakistan is part of the Indus civilization, which is different and distinct from the Ganges based bharat civilization, too many differences, Partition would have still occurred even if there was no religious differences.

So definitely a big no. We should look for markets in China and the far east, Middle East, and Central Asia. :)

I think that a European Union style organization would do wonders for the region.

Pakistan is part of the Indus civilization, which is different and distinct from the Ganges based bharat civilization, too many differences, Partition would have still occurred even if there was no religious differences.

So definitely a big no. We should look for markets in China and the far east, Middle East, and Central Asia. :)

There was no Pakistan during the Indus age,

Indus Valley Civilization was a Bronze Age civilization (3300–1300 BCE; mature period 2600–1900 BCE) which was centred mostly in the western part of the Indian Subcontinent and which flourished around the Indus River basin.

The Indus Valley Civilization encompassed most of Pakistan, extending from Balochistan to Sindh, and extending into modern day Indian states of Gujarat, Rajasthan, Haryana, and Punjab.

I think that a European Union style organization would do wonders for the region.

EU style common currency will difficult to implement.There are also other factors that would be hindrance to such venture.
At this stage,the least that we can think about is increased trade co operation.Providing MFN status to India by Pakistan will be a good step.

noops not needed.........

but pakistan need to get on with progress and leave all issues later to be solved...

EU style common currency will difficult to implement.There are also other factors that would be hindrance to such venture.
At this stage,the least that we can think about is increased trade co operation.Providing MFN status to India by Pakistan will be a good step.

I'm talking about relaxed trade policies and greater cross country tourism. Not a common currency, not at this stage at least, 20 years on.......maybe.........

If the process of economic unification is to be based on ethnicity,then I think you probably realise that the Chinese are entirely different race.Most of the people of China and Central Asia are somehow related to Mongoloid race,having no similarity whatsoever with the Pakistanis.The people from the middle east are also different.The difference increases as we move further.

So,going by your logic,you should remain content with your domestic trade only.

I'm talking about relaxed trade policies and greater cross country tourism. Not a common currency, not at this stage at least, 20 years on.......maybe.........

I found this website while surfing.It looks interesting.You might wanna check it out.

IPTU

I found this website while surfing.It looks interesting.You might wanna check it out.

IPTU

There are many such companies that provide trading opportunities between India and Pakistan, or get their merchandise into the UK.

well i 'd say yes..although ve an issue with terminology..
i'd want to make some clarifications here...economic integration is a step by step process..it has stages n may culminate in a somewhat political union as EU...as far as economic union is concerned we may not choose to follow all the steps that EU followed, say no custom union, no free movement of people, no common external barriears, etc..these are optional things that come wuth more confidence..we can safely ignore them..i guess the word "unification" itself is pricking many..it does not mean a UNION in any way..

we can go ahead by giving MFN status to india n that ll help us a lot..n a FTA ll do well as well..
(a recent example, after floods we got onion from india n the prices fell sharply, now again they r soaring tremendously)

PS dont bring ur feigned ego in such matters plz..it ll benefit the poor, atleast in trade of food items..our small but haphazard ventures with india helped us a lot..besides for political conciliation we need to have stakes in each others stability n prosperity n it ll be a nice CBM..

Back
Top Bottom