India Pakistan Economic Unification

Pakistan and India should move toward economic unification

• Yes

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If nothing else, it will help both countries to get millions out of poverty and come out of a fanatic and nationalistic mindset.

I vote yes.

China and Taiwan have done it and the tensions between them has reduced drastically. We could do it too.

If nothing else, it will help both countries to get millions out of poverty and come out of a fanatic and nationalistic mindset.

I vote yes.

Well Said Iqbal

Sary Jahan se acha hindustan hamarah

I say no. Not because I do not want peace and prosperity, but because I feel the timing is not correct. There is too much mistrust and hostility. Once both countries achieve high standards of living and human development, an EU type of amalgamation can be considered, with common currencies and free borders.

But given the current situation, implementing this kind of thing is not going to work. Just my personal opinion, I will be the happiest person if I am wrong in my assessment.

ahh..India-Pakistan...a unique and interesting relation exists between these two countries.We fight,we blame each other but we come together as well.

Thumbs up for the Economic Unification.It will solve some of the direct problems and the consequences may solve some other.

I say no. Not because I do not want peace and prosperity, but because I feel the timing is not correct. There is too much mistrust and hostility. Once both countries achieve high standards of living and human development, an EU type of amalgamation can be considered, with common currencies and free borders.

But given the current situation, implementing this kind of thing is not going to work. Just my personal opinion, I will be the happiest person if I am wrong in my assessment.

We need to understand the game plan of western powers they want want war in other countries but unification in Europe and America.

If their is no war , their billion of dollar weapon industry will sink as their dollar is sinking.

Asia is land of sun rise have much better natural resources and talent.

I said yes. Before the British divided and conqured the sub-continent (sorry about that), South Asia was one of the richest and most prosperous place on Earth. If someone says that Western powers would like peace and prosperity throughout the world, I would call that person naive and delusional. The U.S. is a military state, it's foreign policy is military motivated, a large chunk of it's economy comes from military equipment sales and services. It even moulds other countries' foreign policies with brute force. Israel wouldn't have existed if not for the vigiourous backing of America, and the middle-east wouldn't be seen as the most volatile region on the planet.
You can clearly see the prosperous mutual relations NATO countries enjoy with each other. Imagine if the two most powerful countries in South-Asia, so stategically located, genuinely co-operate, they will most likely be a power to reckon with. I have always supported fair progression, no matter wich country it is. If they work hard, they derserve to reap the fruits. However, in the real world, few countries are able to escape from the shadow underhanded influences that other governments try to create to marginalise their success.

until the Kashmir issue is resolved, I personally would be ardently opposed to any such move....

though perhaps some cooperation in sectors such as pharmaceuticals could bring jobs and improved social indicators to both countries

and its funny to be talking about economic unification and citing EU as an example......the streets of Greece, which is struggling with bankruptcy, are aflock with disconent from wild marxists and anger over austerity measures and conditions by Germany imposed on them. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the EU were to collapse and be dissolved ten years from now. Who knows, it could happen.

sovereignty is obviously one concern that may arise from such ''unifications''

Not in another 100 years....Too much trust deficiency between India and Pakistan

Not just Pakistan and India, but all of S. Asia. It would bring millions and millions out of poverty in Pakistan, India, Bangla, Nepal, Sri Lanka, etc. Image the military cooperation, joint projects in all fields.But this will not happen in our time for sure.It can happen in 100-200 years.

Rather have your neighbors as best buddies then Russia, China, etc.

Just saying.

NO!

Just, NO!

We are enemies. It doesn't matter if we share the same roots.

Call me a peace-hater; I'm just being realistic.

Cmon now..What will we gain out of hatred??Lets try to be a little optimistic here.

until the Kashmir issue is resolved, I personally would be ardently opposed to any such move....

though perhaps some cooperation in sectors such as pharmaceuticals could bring jobs and improved social indicators to both countries

and its funny to be talking about economic unification and citing EU as an example......the streets of Greece, which is struggling with bankruptcy, are aflock with disconent from wild marxists and anger over austerity measures and conditions by Germany imposed on them. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the EU were to collapse and be dissolved ten years from now. Who knows, it could happen.

sovereignty is obviously one concern that may arise from such ''unifications''

Its funny how we comment about European and American economies. Their concern is to maintain their high standard of living ours is to reach that height. They have a lot to lose and we have just started to gain something.
On topic, both the country's leaders have been discussing about trade first, friendship later. Which I think is a good way to begin to reduce the trust deficit and increase people to people contact. And probably the Kashmir issue could get solved through this. If we have an economic bod that might affect both the countries when tensions arise, there will be more caution about hurting each other. Who knows, the cave dwelling hate mongers on both side might realize and come to terms with peace too!

India Pakistan Economic Unification

:nono::nono::nono:
We have seen issues with price parity, bail outs and whatnot.. ..in regard to EU ..

so :nono::nono::nono:

Back
Top Bottom