India Pakistan Economic Unification

Pakistan and India should move toward economic unification

• Yes

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would vote for cooperation and peace but not for unification...

Unification is at least 50+ years ahead (highly optimistic)...
Right now we can't even cooperate with each other so talking about unification is, uhm...

Reality is that both India and Pakistan don't want any stone unturned to put down each other...

since, this is about unification, my vote is NO.

I really appreciate that there are more people than my assumptions who are voting for unification

Can I believe that from now onwards these people will not fire cheap shots at each other ;)

Could happen, who knows.. France and Germany came on the same boat didn't they? I vote yes, call me a die-hard optimist..

I voted No.

EU is somewhat successful due to freedom of movements of people, capital and resources. Can we give full freedom of people in South Asia?

A courageous thought ,thanks but No thanks.

There is no way any unification can ever take place between India & Pak on any issue . The closest we can come to trade amongst ourselves provided it is profitable to both, and there are No of fields where we give our money to others coz we cannot tarde with each other.

Where is the common ground for economic unification ? Politically it would be unacceptable to both.

A courageous thought all the same.

yesssssssssssssssssssss.
but first some disputes should be solved .... pending for long time !!!

Its my humble request to all my fellow Pakistanis to distance themselves from india and indians as much as possible and become closer to China, Central Asia, Turkey, and the Middle East.

4 wars and long-lasting ongoing disputes with a country can never be trusted.

Also what makes you think india will share its economic growth with Pakistan when it doesnt even share its economic growth with the 800 million indian people in india who live in utter poverty.

^ point to ponder ... btw whose trying to paste with them ..... we are far far away already .

I think apart from the govt. and military brass, people are fed up of this never ending hatred...........economic unification may be a distant dream, but its never the less a step forward not only united south asia but a prosperous 1 too. There are people here who may say we don't need peace and its unrealistic, well try harder because cause we would never give up on peace.

I voted no, can't share our growth with others, as we have lots of poor people and we should empower them first.

Coming years, it might possible for the whole South Asia, which is quite like European Union & GCC

I say yes, even if economic unification isn't possible for the reasons outlined by other members. I'm still in favor of at least an FTA.
More economic interdependency will definitely reduce the Sabre rattling and calm down both nations enough to come to table and resolve pending issues as time passes.

I voted No because the kind of circumstances which are required for a unified economy to prosper and thrive are just not present at the moment.

But we are growing at 8% on a weekly basis while they are growing at -8% daily.

What's in it for us?

Back
Top Bottom