What's new

India orders, 10,000 Excalibur Artillery guided shells along with 100 M777s and various other Manpad

You mean you haven't anticipated before this? Lol. That's shows how ill prepared you are mate, last minute panic buying ain't helping if delivery is 1 year from now. Lol

No, we hadn't. There was no trouble anticipated on the northern front after 1967, the last time that there was gunfire. You will obviously not wish to recall memories of that gunfire.

It is quite clear that we have become an opportunity for a troubled dictator to distract attention. The situation has developed far more seriously than the Indian political administration, inept as it is, or the Indian diplomatic establishment, or the Indian military leadership had anticipated. No one on the Indian side anticipated that PLA soldiers would attack with clubs studded with nails, and set out to kill.

Now that PLA intentions are clear, the Indian Army, and the Indian Air Force and Indian Navy, are gearing up for a possible shooting war. We have everything on board that is needed, and this is in anticipation of a conflict that might last longer than was ever in our thinking.

Your issue is you want to degrade me in the argument rather than the discussion on the topic. You quoted my first post here where I said this purchase is useless, now moving to that issue this purchase is still useless. In war the comparison is never artillery versus artillery but it is what you have versus what your enemy has. Keeping the dynamics to things closely related how will this purchase counter Chinese 370mm MRLS which is also a guided system with far higher range. That will takeout your Indian artillery with a huge stand off range. plus China has a successful armed UAV program where as India is still trying to acquire it those drones will pick your artillery one by one. So India mentality of war is stuck in past where as China will do a modern warfare with India.

It is still an issue about artillery; your personality does not come into it.

Your comparison of an area bombardment instrument like an MRLS with precision ammunition fired from tubed artillery is fatuous.

Let us accept your proposition of the Indian mentality stuck in the past against the Chinese 'doing' a modern warfare with India. What does this have to do with Excalibur ammunition? It only displays a willingness on your plan to consider that your ally has won before entering the engagement; most loyal, most reward-worthy, but nothing to do with artillery, Excalibur ammunition or the requirements of the situation.

Is it your recommendation that the Indian Army be dissolved and we take to the charkha?

Instead of assuming that you are a person under attack, it is appropriate for you to consider the very confused thinking that you have presented, and the reasons why this should be discarded.

Your comparison of an area bombardment instrument like an MRLS with precision ammunition fired from tubed artillery is fatuous.

Let us accept your proposition of the Indian mentality stuck in the past against the Chinese 'doing' a modern warfare with India. What does this have to do with Excalibur ammunition? It only displays a willingness on your plan to consider that your ally has won before entering the engagement; most loyal, most reward-worthy, but nothing to do with artillery, Excalibur ammunition or the requirements of the situation.

Is it your recommendation that the Indian Army be dissolved and we take to the charkha?

Instead of assuming that you are a person under attack, it is appropriate for you to consider the very confused thinking that you have presented, and the reasons why this should be discarded.
My point which I am trying to tell you is that India is wasting money here. What is the point of purchasing a gun if you will not be able to aim & fire it? There is hardly any population in Tibet which India can target like it is doing at loc so why invest in artillery? India requires air crafts to which it is lacking greatly. If China gets air superiority there is no point of having artillery there. They will simply destroy the guns. Your range will not matter. India can't move its assets deployed against Pakistan cause Pakistan India war is always active at LOC 24/7 so India will have to bring in reserve forces to fight off China which will lack at many strategic things.
India lost 20 soldiers why? they died due to hypothermia cause of lack of equipment.

Oh dear.

I am really frustrated at the fanboy thinking that has crept into your fundamental understanding of military matters. Artillery is meant for use against enemy formations, against infantry, armour and against enemy artillery. It is emphatically not meant for terrorising civilian populations; please, and this is a sincere plea, do not get into the lethal stupidity of the thinking of fanboys on PDF who think in cliches.

My point which I am trying to tell you is that India is wasting money here. What is the point of purchasing a gum if you will not be able to aim & fire it? There is hardly any population in Tibet which India can target like it is doing at loc so why invest in artillery?

Artillery is intended for use against the PLA. Not against the population. It never was, not even on the LOC.

India requires air crafts to which it is lacking greatly. If China gets air superiority there is no point of having artillery there.

And if China does not, we would be left looking rather stupid that we had not strengthened arms other than the air force.

They will simply destroy the guns. Your range will not matter. India can't move its assets deployed against Pakistan cause Pakistan India war is always active at LOC 24/7 so India will have to bring in reserve forces to fight off China which will lack at many strategic things.

I suggest you learn what forces are deployed where. Nothing along the LOC has been diluted, contrary to the incredibly naive effusions that have been on display on PDF.

India lost 20 soldiers why? they died due to hypothermia cause of lack of equipment.

Not due to lack of equipment, and the 20 were not killed due to hypothermia. It is difficult to discuss anything if your grip on the bare facts is so weak. It is not even as if you ask questions and find out the truth; instead, I am asked to deal with a set of assumptions with no backing for them.

When the war starts, PLAAF will have complete air superiority on day 1.

Any IAF fighters that try to fly will be shot down by Chinese S-400s

Chinese MBRLs and Railguns will have a field day.

Oh dear.

I am really frustrated at the fanboy thinking that has crept into your fundamental understanding of military matters. Artillery is meant for use against enemy formations, against infantry, armour and against enemy artillery. It is emphatically not meant for terrorising civilian populations; please, and this is a sincere plea, do not get into the lethal stupidity of the thinking of fanboys on PDF who think in cliches.

That is what I am saying thank you for agreeing India always used artillery against civilian population at loc for which the system is not meant.
Coming to LAC the situation is different. Whole war will not be fought with just Excalibur Artillery Ammunition, How is India planing to defend it's gun positions from air attacks? Or from higher range MLRS? Making one purchase is point less.
India at least requires 100 plus additional fighter jets to stand against China here. In wars things go in combo.

This will be the fate of Indian artillery.

I post because I know it. If I don't know I don't post, I would ask a question right. Lol
This guy is not so smart but an ego maniac. He might be aggressive but his actions seems stupid, demonetization, sudden gst, almost like a brown Trump in my opinion. They should tear down that made in China statue. Hsr is like dead now..... Lol
President Trump is much more intelligent than folks give credit him for!! He gathers his own intelligence from his own "sources" bypassing the Deep State and the Establishment...

Indian government screaming 2.5 war has finally brought it on themselves.

The irony is beyond words. What terrible policy, if any.
The Boy who Cried Wolf - a kids' story....

China introduced PCL-181 with 55 km range arty back in 2019. We might grab that as a counter from china.

Chinese have a surprise for usa and allies with 100km ranged ws-35 on PLZ-05/7 mobile howitzer

India and usa are way way behind in this field usa barely tested excaliber like last week while chinese have active service stuff from 2017- 2019 with far greater range 2x approx..

No we tested the Excalibur for hitting moving targets. Excalibur has been around for years. Long before what you mentioned 2017 to 2019.

No, we hadn't. There was no trouble anticipated on the northern front after 1967, the last time that there was gunfire. You will obviously not wish to recall memories of that gunfire.
what the hell did you think was gonna happen when you all started crowing that you were a superpower that can annex any and every land it wants? even you yourself was keen and preparing to take neelum, not to mention that gujju tub o lard who was gonna take GB, Shaxgam and Aksichin. China asked you nicely --not once but repeatedly-- to restore the status quo and what did you do? you tried to show the red-eye and they plucked it right outa its socket

That is what I am saying thank you for agreeing India always used artillery against civilian population at loc for which the system is not meant.

Do try not to be too clever by half. This kind of schoolboyish attempt to score points by deliberately misunderstanding is not particularly intelligent.

It is emphatically not meant for terrorising civilian populations; please, and this is a sincere plea, do not get into the lethal stupidity of the thinking of fanboys on PDF who think in cliches.

Coming to LAC the situation is different. Whole war will not be fought with just Excalibur Artillery Ammunition, How is India planing to defend it's gun positions from air attacks?

Do not confuse issues. Buying Excalibur ammunition and defending the gun position that uses this ammunition are not incompatible, and they are not one and the same. That is the equivalent of saying,"You want to buy Michelin tyres? Gosh, don't you know Ford motor cars are unreliable?"

Or from higher range MLRS? Making one purchase is point less.

In case you are not aware, we have a plethora of Multiple Launch Rocket Systems. With home-made rockets. These are not precision weapons; I have mentioned that before.

India at least requires 100 plus additional fighter jets to stand against China here. In wars things go in combo.

Only the fundamentally intellectually challenged will mix the issue of fighter jets with artillery.

This will be the fate of Indian artillery.

Great. So we should not buy Excalibur ammunition.

No we tested the Excalibur for hitting moving targets. Excalibur has been around for years. Long before what you mentioned 2017 to 2019.

Good luck with convincing them.

It is quite clear that we have become an opportunity for a troubled dictator to distract attention. The situation has developed far more seriously than the Indian political administration, inept as it is, or the Indian diplomatic establishment, or the Indian military leadership had anticipated. No one on the Indian side anticipated that PLA soldiers would attack with clubs studded with nails, and set out to kill.

Now that PLA intentions are clear, the Indian Army, and the Indian Air Force and Indian Navy, are gearing up for a possible shooting war. We have everything on board that is needed, and this is in anticipation of a conflict that might last longer than was ever in our thinking.

Yes judging from how you inflate the current figures from 5 to 20 to 40 to 100 during this skirmish. I now know how it became 300 in 1967 when in Chinese records, it was just a small skirmish. Lol.
I remember seeing 1967 as 3 dead then 30 dead then 300 dead. Lol

Joe, wake up, stop creating excuse. India had been shouting and boasting of being prepared against China for many years. You guys keep on saying you can fight a 2.5 front war. Now all I see is panic buying and a chaotic national psyche.

Back
Top Bottom