What's new

India once again becomes 10th largest economy in the World

in g.d.p (ppp) india is 4th largest economy after e.u, u.s, china..in 2011..(cia's world fact book)

India should already be the third economy. According to Western and Japanese predictions in 2010 and 2011:
-India was supposed to surpass China in economic growth in 2012
-India should surpass China by 2015 thus it should already have surpassed Japan by 2012
-China should have crashed and exploded in small pieces due to real estate bubble and fake economic growth
-China also was supposed to fall apart due to Tibetan and Ouigur separatism
But today, China is still going strong and India is still lagging behind and EU falling apart due to the Eurozone crisis and Scottish and Belgium separatism.

Originally Posted by xuxu1457
I thought India GDp is bigger than Brazil and Russia
Brazil really astonished me, Brazil GDP is 1trillion$ in 2006, now 2.5trillion$, but economic of Brazil is not healthy, working for international capital
This is because of recent explosion of natural resources exports. Their economy is running on horses provided by China, India and other asian economies. But Brazil's economy right now is a mess same if not worse than India. Russia is doing and is now emerging to be a new power.

id like to add, the exponential rise in GDP is also in part due to the strengthening of there currency visa vis the dollar.
Im pretty sure there GDP ppp would have risen on stated growth patterns.

India should already be the third economy. According to Western and Japanese predictions in 2010 and 2011:
-India should surpass China by 2015 thus it should already have surpassed Japan by 2012
-China should have crashed and exploded in small pieces due to real estate bubble and fake economic growth
But today, China is still going strong and India is still lagging behind and EU falling apart due to the Eurozone crisis and Scottish and Belgium separatism.

yes it crossed japan last year(PPP).
the ranking posted above is older than 2011

One cannot compare these two totally different areas of understanding.

GDP(PPP) and GDP(Nominal) calculations, are done for different areas of the market activity.

PPP is used to determine the measure or strength of a currency in the local market hence is directly related to all internal investments and valuations , if u wana see how much firepower an economy holds when investing internally go fr PPP..

and for External inflows and outflows , go fr GDP(nominal)ie $ comparative valuations.

No comparison here. But yes if the economy is more dominant on investing locally then obviously ppp will gain more strength and if its is Dependant on more External trade and funding then GDP(nominal)gains more credibility.

With a free floating(Indian) currency the $based valuations can never be a reliable indicator.

agree with you but a greater ppp means domestically stable nation.i think its better to view a countries economy interms of ppp..why???

beacuse the standard of the people can be better determined by the ppp else it would be comparing apples and oranges..japan may have higher gdp but the living costs are also higher..which is corrected by ppp what i mean is an indian may earn less but he can buy 2 packets of bread..a japanese may earn more but he may afford to buy only single bread peace..which is why ppp is used more recently

p.s i have utmost respect towards japanese ..its just an example..no offence

cant compare growth of two nations..china is authoritarian state. india is a democracy..and with people of different kinds it takes time to grow..china before 30 yrs was young..at our position and used that advantage very well..it can grow more in next ten yrs..india's growth just started now..and it has 40 more yrs to grow..besides we are doing well compared to china 30 yrs ago..nyways im positive about economic growth but the real factor of development is hdi..we need to concentrate on that

Are you also reading Onion News???!!!:lol:

Now third largest, will be over 5 trillion by the end of this fiscal year.

well i'd say thats not our achievement completely..eu crisis made the eu to fall down..how ever i must appreciate the fact that india stood strong inspite of the crisis without any major issues

well i'd say thats not our achievement completely..eu crisis made the eu to fall down..how ever i must appreciate the fact that india stood strong inspite of the crisis without any major issues

Well we always stood strong, now its their time to fall down.:azn:

Brazil really astonished me, Brazil GDP is 1trillion$ in 2006, now 2.5trillion$, but economic of Brazil is not healthy, working for international capital

Yes, it is surprise for me too. They are really good biz people not have significant military threats. Now next Football world cup and Olympics going there, it is nice to see they are reaching the world scene

Its a mistake to look at overall GDP of India, its going to be big due to the sheer mass of India's population.

But the PPP is a more reflective index of where India ranks.

Exactly i too had same thought that brazil and russia would be behind India.
I think i was in my delusion

Exactly i too had same thought that brazil and russia would be behind India.
I think i was in my delusion:whistle:

agree with you but a greater ppp means domestically stable nation.i think its better to view a countries economy interms of ppp..why???

beacuse the standard of the people can be better determined by the ppp else it would be comparing apples and oranges..japan may have higher gdp but the living costs are also higher..which is corrected by ppp what i mean is an indian may earn less but he can buy 2 packets of bread..a japanese may earn more but he may afford to buy only single bread peace..which is why ppp is used more recently

p.s i have utmost respect towards Japanese ..its just an example..no offense

Thts is an apt definition of Purchasing power Parity.(i Dont get why anyone would get offended)

Although what u say is correct,PPP can never gain total monopoly on our Indian economic understanding because it does not factor in India external purchasing firepower.

Not to mention our big external deficit.

External PP($ based calculations) is important in our defense deals , remittance, FII,FDIs and import/exports.

It relays our position in the world regarding international trade (which is predominantly dollar based).

Ill keep this short by saying tht PPP is a measure for us(internally as it only effects us and anyone dealing within the system) and GDP(nominal) is a measure for the other countries(as it is how India affects them and vice versa).

Depending on how u perceive this GDP through ur own eyes or the eyes of others come to ur conclusion.

Both are valid and accepted norms ,If they are used in there respective areas.

Venezuela´s GDP - per capita (PPP) is $12,400 (2011 est.), compared to China´s $8,400.
So if judged by number, China is poorer.

But is there anyone from you who wants to visit Venezuela capital - Caracas? If yes, you are a lucky guy, who survives and is still alive.

Back
Top Bottom