What's new

India negotiating with Russia to upgrade 194 Su-30MKIs to Super Sukhoi Standards for $8bn

I am not saying about order tranches. I am saying about net MKis in hand which may be above a cutoff date chosen for Super MKI upgrades .

Bcz a plane which is produced in last 3 years does not need an upgrade package formalization as of now.
As you can see even if we consider the last of 140th plane for upgrade its almost 12 years from now before its number will come for upgradation.
and 144 is based on article quoting 194. We don know if its that much. Bcz i remember it was 80 in Tranche 1 identified with first lot directly getting upgraded in Russia till MKI line gets upgraded to handle super upgrade.

So untill GOI/MOD comes out with an official version numbers are a bit hazy.

We currently have AL31FP for our MKIs being built at HAL . The Russians are upgrading their Su27s to SM upgrade by getting AL31 FM1/2 , getting thrusts upto 145kn, if engine problems persist with the FP, shouldn't we have a look at the engines which Russians are using for their flanker upgrade ?

I am expecting the new varients of R77 and R73 being developed for PAKFA to be integrated along with either AIM132 or Python 5....

On AESA Radar I haved my doubts about how good the Russians can deliver.

In short term it's a good solution but appears expensive. Also it is not clear whether these machines will be more reliable in terms of availability or will have almost the same performance.

Lately I have this feeling that Russia is toying with us. They want to do business with India but they don't want to make India have upper edges as compared with China in terms of technology.

Delayed FGFA, issues of Mig 29 & Vikramaditya aircraft carrier is an example of such approach. I guess this is one of the reason why India have to look at West for technology and more reliable equipment.

I think Russia & India must review their defence orientation towards each other.:big_boss:

8 billions can buy many new fighters. This is gonna be a joke again.

Why do you care? this is our money, our negotiations - do we enquire regarding your acquisitions? whats the point of China only ordering a handful of Su-35's! Is it to break them up and reverse engineer their technologies!

Its quiet bizarre a Chinese national questioning our MOU's & purchase acquisitions when your's need to be analysed and scrutinised in greater detail...

8 billions can buy many new fighters. This is gonna be a joke again.

Fool this Mid-life Upgrade of existing MKI do you know what MLU stand for

It's almost 19 years of Service of MKI in IAF Sukhoi-30 MKI

wow india got crazy 16 bilion dollar on atack planes?
and for isreal deal no money

India negotiating with Russia to upgrade 194 Su-30MKIs to Super Sukhoi Standards for $8bn

1_img129716103335.jpg

View attachment 321641

http://www.defencenews.in/article/I...0MKIs-to-Super-Sukhoi-Standards-for-$8bn-7106

OMG!!!! India is going to have a highly potent airforce. Super sukhois, Mairage 2000 UPG, Drain Jaguar, LCA tejas, May be Rafale, followed by PAKFA, FAGFA and AMCA. India should plan a fully 5th generation airfrce by 2030.

Back
Top Bottom