What's new

India negotiating with Russia to upgrade 194 Su-30MKIs to Super Sukhoi Standards for $8bn

ashok321

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
India negotiating with Russia to upgrade 194 Su-30MKIs to Super Sukhoi Standards for $8bn

1_img129716103335.jpg

tem67.png

http://www.defencenews.in/article/I...0MKIs-to-Super-Sukhoi-Standards-for-$8bn-7106

Stealth technology refers to Absorbent coating on frame or something additional.
Further are any changes to airframe also envisaged.
Also would like to know changes about Radar (AESA perhaps).

@Abingdonboy @PARIKRAMA @MilSpec

@Oscar
Sir, a query...
When aircraft undergoes upgrades with respect to avionics and/or radar, power consumption will also change. What changes are done on power supply side (both in terms of capacity and architecture such as protection relays etc)?
Further, how do older aircraft change their data transfer buses, to accommodate new radar and configuration with newer armament.

[QUOTE: waz, post: 8517745, member: 1453"]Well great news! I'm sure our resident Pakistani posters who keep on trumping on and on and on and on, about the SU-35 can keep quiet now,[/QUOTE]

I Don't think so bro... most members denied an article posted on official Russian govt website...

@PARIKRAMA

Why 194 ; Why NOT 200

MOD has a fascination for strange numbers

126 MMRCA ; 36 Rafale ; 272 SU 30 ; 194 Super Sukhoi ; 144 FGFA / PAKFA
51 Mirage 2000 ; 69 Mig 29

Well great news! I'm sure our resident Pakistani posters who keep on trumping on and on and on and on, about the SU-35 can keep quiet now,

This Upgrade is a 8 Billion dollar Deal

Good for Russians ; India is a Nice customer

@PARIKRAMA

Why 194 ; Why NOT 200

MOD has a fascination for strange numbers

126 MMRCA ; 36 Rafale ; 194 Super Sukhoi ; 144 FGFA / PAKFA
51 Mirage 2000 ; 69 Mig 29

This Upgrade is a 8 Billion dollar Deal

Good for Russians ; India is a Nice customer

Total Su30 MKI ordered 312 (272+40)
Initial flyaway procurement - 50
HAL produced -175 in the beginning of 2016

So 194 contains 50 initial procurement and 144 HAL produced ones.

Its anyways to be done in batches. You wont like to do MLU for an aircraft which is just 5 years old. The last 144th of HAL produced would have been about 4-5 years ago so even if upgrade is done at 16/year its number will come after 12 years [(50+144)/16]

So how can we contract for more which are fresh out of plant in last 2-3 years and yet to produce 87 more jets.. so 118 left (312-194) will be upgraded later.

Total Su30 MKI ordered 312 (272+40)
Initial flyaway procurement - 50
HAL produced -175 in the beginning of 2016

So 194 contains 50 initial procurement and 144 HAL produced ones.

Its anyways to be done in batches. You wont like to do MLU for an aircraft which is just 5 years old. The last 144th of HAL produced would have been about 4-5 years ago so even if upgrade is done at 16/year its number will come after 12 years [(50+144)/16]

So how can we contract for more which are fresh out of plant in last 2-3 years and yet to produce 87 more jets.. so 118 left (312-194) will be upgraded later.
I thought it was 50+140+40+42

I thought it was 50+140+40+42
I am not saying about order tranches. I am saying about net MKis in hand which may be above a cutoff date chosen for Super MKI upgrades .

Bcz a plane which is produced in last 3 years does not need an upgrade package formalization as of now.
As you can see even if we consider the last of 140th plane for upgrade its almost 12 years from now before its number will come for upgradation.
and 144 is based on article quoting 194. We don know if its that much. Bcz i remember it was 80 in Tranche 1 identified with first lot directly getting upgraded in Russia till MKI line gets upgraded to handle super upgrade.

So untill GOI/MOD comes out with an official version numbers are a bit hazy.

So untill GOI/MOD comes out with an official version numbers are a bit hazy.

And that is how it is supposed to be in the secrecy obssessed MOD

But actions speak louder than words

The Laziness in awarding Rafale contract makes us wonder
that all talk of dwindling squadron numbers is just that -- ONLY talk

In 1982 we GRABBED a half ready Mirage 2000 with BOTH hands

For a country that has to be prepared for a Two front threat
such laziness is perplexing -- obviously WE the people do not know MANY secret things

[QUOTE: waz, post: 8517745, member: 1453"]Well great news! I'm sure our resident Pakistani posters who keep on trumping on and on and on and on, about the SU-35 can keep quiet now,

I Don't think so bro... most members denied an article posted on official Russian govt website...[/QUOTE]

I've gone blue in the face my friend, and so have many others trying to convince them.

Back
Top Bottom