What's new

India May Acquire T 14 Armata Ahead of Dec 6 Putin Visit to Counter imbalance in Tank warfare against pakistan

Fortified positions will be destroyed by the UAVs and Bombers using Smart bombs. You do not need to take the risk of using Tanks.
Thats assuming you have air superiority, or enough air cover to carry out the air strike

There are ways to defeat any tank, after a careful study of its defenses. For the T-14 it’s Hard kill system has ten front facing projectiles, which can’t deal with top attack munitions or projectiles at high elevations.

Top attack artillery rounds would probably do well against the T-14.

Also if multiple projectiles come along a single axis of attack, Afghanit (the T-14’s hard kill system) may not be able to neutralize the second projectile after knocking out the first projectile; so two tanks working in tandem along one axis maybe able to defeat its hard kill system or a single tank/mortar/artillery system firing two rounds in rapid succession at two different angles such that they arrive at the same time and same angle would theoretically defeat the hard kill system.

Also, the T-14’s hard kill system is only against the front of the turret, so a tactic of forcing the tank to face to either the right or the left while the body of the tank is hit on opposite side could also theoretically kick out the tank.

preparing the battlefield, much the same the terrain was prepared in the 2006 Lebanon war could do well in defeating an attacking force If we are defending. For offense the easiest way will be to attack where the tanks don’t have to be challenged in a frontal attack; Cyber, logistical supplies, C4ISR, etc.

Last edited:
Now that's the news of the day...... T-90 with ARMATA what a deadly combination......

@iLION12345_1 , @SQ8

just for a knowledge part I'm asking is there any Chinese tank right now that can be compared to ARMATA?

Suppose India is successful in inducting this tank in next 4-5 years will it tilt balance very heavily in our favor for very long time or China and Pakistan will have better options by then.....
I have unfortunately not read or followed the thread, I haven’t had the time.

What source is being presented in the video? Defense matrix is an extremely useless channel with a stupid owner/presenter who doesn’t know the first thing about defense. But if he’s using any official/semi-official source then it could be worth talking about, otherwise T-14s aren’t coming for india anytime soon, simply because they’re not ready, Russia itself has no capacity or capability build them, it hasn’t made a single follow up order.

Is Armata likely going to be Indias next tank? Yes, likely, but around 2028-2030s and beyond, not yet.

Is it a good tank? Obviously, it’s one of the best in the market right now. Indian needs that considering it’s outgunned by Al-Khalids and VT-4s in this particular department, what Pakistan will do then to counter it remains to be seen, but for Pakistan the best option is to push forward with its modernization and increase the current gap to a large enough point to where the T-14 won’t take india too far ahead. Otherwise As it stands the T-14 is quite a league ahead of anything Pakistan (and basically any other country) operates, that is, when it finally reaches proper production.

As for China, I don’t think it matters to them, the terrain between india and China is more suited to smaller tanks, something China has and india doesn’t. And I also expect China to be either coming out with a new tank or upgrading their ZTZ-99A models in the near future, how they’ll compare with The T-14 remains to be seen, but I can say for sure China will be able to make more of whatever it does make than Russia.
Read my sentence.... I am just telling, all Pakistan tanks does not have advantage over T90 tanks... Few points, T90 is better and few points al Khalid tank.... I do not want to compare with older tanks..

Advantage will have with better planner...

About T14 Tank - it is a completely a next level at least on the paperpaper

As you are claiming T90 can not stop other Pakistans tanks and the same, Pakistans can not stop T90........ All depends on planning and executions..

Regarding ammunition - do you have anything on paper or documented?

Or just saying Pakistani made is better actually it does declair better?

I am very practcal man... Don't believe on such emotional lines.
Indian T90S are not modernized/upgraded in any way, they are stock. The further 464 T90S india has on order are also base models (same thing from 2001). And 2/3rd of all Indian tanks use Near-Obsolete ammo from the 80s (BM42) and even older BM-17 on 1/3rd of their fleet.
The armor array is different to a Russian T90, different doesn’t mean better, it’s still early 2000 tech. There are also currently no upgrades planned for them, no idea why.

I’m not going to go into the rest of the conversation here because I haven’t read the thread, but just know that the average Indian tank can’t even compare to a Pakistani Al-Khalid from 2001 (apart from protection, it has no advantages over the Al-Khalid, but plenty of disadvantages if you want me to list them)
let alone what came after it; AK-1, VT-4P and the planned AK-2.

Last edited:
If western tanks were not good for the Indian environment then why did they build the 50 ton Arjun ????
K
Arjun is failed tank india knows it western tanks specialy EU cannot handle heat and desert conditions as rugged russian tanks do
There are ways to defeat any tank, after a careful study of its defenses. For the T-14 it’s Hard kill system has ten front facing projectiles, which can’t deal with top attack munitions or projectiles at high elevations.

Top attack artillery rounds would probably do well against the T-14.

Also if multiple projectiles come along a single axis of attack, Afghanit (the T-14’s hard kill system) may not be able to neutralize the second projectile after knocking out the first projectile; so two tanks working in tandem along one axis maybe able to defeat its hard kill system or a single tank/mortar/artillery system firing two rounds in rapid succession at two different angles such that they arrive at the same time and same angle would theoretically defeat the hard kill system.

Also, the T-14’s hard kill system is only against the front of the turret, so a tactic of forcing the tank to face to either the right or the left while the body of the tank is hit on opposite side could also theoretically kick out the tank.

preparing the battlefield, much the same the terrain was prepared in the 2006 Lebanon war could do well in defeating an attacking force If we are defending. For offense the easiest way will be to attack where the tanks don’t have to be challenged in a frontal attack; Cyber, logistical supplies, C4ISR, etc.
Dear armata has built in dedicated protection computer which i.n sec deploy second hardkill

Definately armata will be concern if as. Planned it gets 152mm gun it hurts us

Dedi
I have unfortunately not read or followed the thread, I haven’t had the time.

What source is being presented in the video? Defense matrix is an extremely useless channel with a stupid owner/presenter who doesn’t know the first thing about defense. But if he’s using any official/semi-official source then it could be worth talking about, otherwise T-14s aren’t coming for india anytime soon, simply because they’re not ready, Russia itself has no capacity or capability build them, it hasn’t made a single follow up order.

Is Armata likely going to be Indias next tank? Yes, likely, but around 2028-2030s and beyond, not yet.

Is it a good tank? Obviously, it’s one of the best in the market right now. Indian needs that considering it’s outgunned by Al-Khalids and VT-4s in this particular department, what Pakistan will do then to counter it remains to be seen, but for Pakistan the best option is to push forward with its modernization and increase the current gap to a large enough point to where the T-14 won’t take india too far ahead. Otherwise As it stands the T-14 is quite a league ahead of anything Pakistan (and basically any other country) operates, that is, when it finally reaches proper production.

As for China, I don’t think it matters to them, the terrain between india and China is more suited to smaller tanks, something China has and india doesn’t. And I also expect China to be either coming out with a new tank or upgrading their ZTZ-99A models in the near future, how they’ll compare with The T-14 remains to be seen, but I can say for sure China will be able to make more of whatever it does make than Russia.

Indian T90S are not modernized/upgraded in any way, they are stock. The further 464 T90S india has on order are also base models (same thing from 2001). And 2/3rd of all Indian tanks use Near-Obsolete ammo from the 80s (BM42) and even older BM-17 on 1/3rd of their fleet.
The armor array is different to a Russian T90, different doesn’t mean better, it’s still early 2000 tech. There are also currently no upgrades planned for them, no idea why.

I’m not going to go into the rest of the conversation here because I haven’t read the thread, but just know that the average Indian tank can’t even compare to a Pakistani Al-Khalid from 2001 (apart from protection, it has no advantages over the Al-Khalid, but plenty of disadvantages if you want me to list them)
let alone what came after it; AK-1, VT-4P and the planned AK-2.
Dear Al khalid has some issues as its protection is not up to mark

Armara definately pose a threat to vt 4 tank if armata as planned gets 152mm gun vt 4 stands no chance

Dedi

Dear Al khalid has some issues as its protection is not up to mark

Armara definately pose a threat to vt 4 tank if armata as planned gets 152mm gun vt 4 stands no chance
Al-Khalid has many issues if we want to look at it objectively, but we have to look at it in the context of the region, where apart from its protection it’s not lacking in anything. Obviously the Armata is good, nobody is denying that, even without the 152MM gun. It’s issues are solely related to the fact that Russia has not been able to produce them at all. Otherwise whenever they fix their production issues and india starts to induct the tank in large numbers, Pakistan will need to find a solution.

Al-Khalid has many issues if we want to look at it objectively, but we have to look at it in the context of the region, where apart from its protection it’s not lacking in anything. Obviously the Armata is good, nobody is denying that, even without the 152MM gun. It’s issues are solely related to the fact that Russia has not been able to produce them at all. Otherwise whenever they fix their production issues and india starts to induct the tank in large numbers, Pakistan will need to find a solution.
Dear 152mm gun already in prototype phase they will put them on Armata

Dear 152mm gun already in prototype phase they will put them on Armata
I’m well aware of the developments, Unfortunately you’re getting as far ahead of yourself as the Russians did. They haven’t made a single production batch of the tank due to so many different issues. And they thought they’d have hundreds by now. They can put a 600MM cannon on it and it would still be useless if they can’t produce it.

I’m not saying they aren’t doing it or that the tank is bad, it’s 130MM gun with its current ammo already outclasses anything in service anywhere except for a a couple of western rounds that may compare to it, certainly nothing Pakistan and China (who doesn’t need to worry because of the terrain) compares to it, but Russia won’t have it anytime soon, let alone india.

I’m well aware of the developments, Unfortunately you’re getting as far ahead of yourself as the Russians did. They haven’t made a single production batch of the tank due to so many different issues. And they thought they’d have hundreds by now. They can put a 600MM cannon on it and it would still be useless if they can’t produce it.

I’m not saying they aren’t doing it or that the tank is bad, it’s 130MM gun with its current ammo already outclasses anything in service anywhere except for a a couple of western rounds that may compare to it, certainly nothing Pakistan and China (who doesn’t need to worry because of the terrain) compares to it, but Russia won’t have it anytime soon, let alone india.
Did ibsaid they are delivering india tomorow

Russia already inducted them but in small number this is why they put them in victory day parade
@iLION12345_1

Please see my link

It is hard to tell if the T14 is a good tank or not. Maybe wait till Russia & Ukraine border crisis over, then we will see if T14 will be sent to the battlefield or not.

Here is a T-90 direct hit my azz that tank was destroyed at will by Syrian militants they destroyed 100s if not 1000s..
Now you are misinforming people. Hundreds? Thousands? Come on man.

T-90 proved a very good and reliable tank that was harder to destroy compared to other models in the Syrian Army.

All tanks can be destroyed. Images of destroyed Leopard 2A4s of the Turkish army shocked Europeans,turrets blown off and all.
French leclarecs failed as well in yemen
French Leclercs of the UAE army were extremely successful in Yemen. They performed very well and their armor was very rarely penetrated and even then,rgere were no tanks lost,if I'm not mistaken.

Tow hit got hard kill
The TOW didn't get a hard kill. The missile hit on the frontal turret ERA and the tank survived. The T-90 didn't have a hard kill system installed and the Shtora-1 was turned off at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom