What's new

India-China factor in Asia

Why are you angry with Columbus. ha ha ha

hmmmmm .... because he should have discovered your India instead and you would all be Americans now.

In such a case, Pakistan would be Washington DC and India would still be a Mexico.

Is that what you're dreaming? We would have kicked out Britain anyway, just like we did in 1947, India is not gonna be subjugated by foreign powers.

EzioAltaïr;3352232 said:
Is that what you're dreaming? We would have kicked out Britain anyway, just like we did in 1947, India is not gonna be subjugated by foreign powers.

Oh please, don't get angry. I am just a casual kinda visitor here and don't know much about geopolitical affairs. Just replied to a guy called @ajtr.

WOW ..... do you still hold such a desire!

No, it is too late. The time for Vietnamese expansion is over, thanks to China. I must admit so more or less China has achieved its historial goal: to contain the rise of Vietnam and halt Vietnamese expansion. To keep Vietnam divided, weak and small as long as possible, that still plays a role in the Chinese policy today. One should know China hardly accepts an indenpendence of Vietnam. Many Chinese still see North Vietnam as a heart land of Han Imperial China. So that is one of the root causes of the conflict between Vietnam and China.

Some people ask why China supported Vietnam during the first and second Indochina wars, despite the rivalry between the two countries?
Well, the Chinese did help Vietnam not because they suddently loved the Viets. No.
There was a high risk that a Western Power (either France or US) could launch an invasion to China from the Vietnam teritory. Though China´s assistances to Vietnam were limited. Moreover the Chinese played foul. As soon as China realised that Vietnam was near to defeat the French and later the Americans, China stopped the help and turned against Vietnam.

The led to the third Indochina war.

No, it is too late. The time for Vietnamese expansion is over, thanks to China. I must admit so more or less China has achieved its historial goal: to contain the rise of Vietnam and halt Vietnamese expansion. To keep Vietnam divided, weak and small as long as possible, that still plays a role in the Chinese policy today. One should know China hardly accepts an indenpendence of Vietnam. Many Chinese still see North Vietnam as a heart land of Han Imperial China. So that is one of the root causes of the conflict between Vietnam and China.

Some people ask why China supported Vietnam during the first and second Indochina wars, despite the rivalry between the two countries?
Well, the Chinese did help Vietnam not because they suddently loved the Viets. No.
There was a high risk that a Western Power (either France or US) could launch an invasion to China from the Vietnam teritory. Though China´s assistances to Vietnam were limited. Moreover the Chinese played foul. As soon as China realised that Vietnam was near to defeat the French and later the Americans, China stopped the help and turned against Vietnam.

The led to the third Indochina war.

I have learnt a lot since I started reading this thread about Vietnam, which for me was a far away country. And also, there are so many common historical factors between Pakistan and Vietnam.

Like you said that, many Chinese still see North Vietnam as a heartland of Han Imperial China, Indians also feel that Pakistan holds the cradle of their civilization and are rabidly anti-Pakistan. Though, I don't read about so much angst and hatred between the Chinese and Vietnamese, acrimony remains.

However, if at all, learn lessons from our environment and attempt to reconcile with China as it is in every body's interest. If you start playing American or Indian game against the Chinese, you being smaller will just be trampled over.

It is indeed a pleasure talking to you all from Vietnam. We do have a very very similar history indeed.

As for Vietnam, a peaceful solution is laid at China's door.

Vietnam has repeatly declared that it is not the first who will resort to force in the South China Sea dispute.
Despite some war rhetorics between the two rivals, Vietnam wants a peaceful solution and accepts the current status quo. However it has made China clear about possible consequences if China crosses the red line:
- any further violation caused either by PLA or state controlled vessels within 200 nautical miles off coast of Vietnam
- any attack on Vietnamese islands
Any Chinese provokation and military action above will lead to an armed confrontation, inevitably!

As you have noticed, the current dispute does have only some small impacts on daily life between the Chinese and Vietnamese. Still. Just take a look into the latest economic cooperations between Vietnam and China:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-far-east/200963-vietnam-china-economic-relations.html

Unfortunately the thread is ruined by some.

As for your country Pakistan and neighbor India, despite some bitterness I wish you both can coexist peacefully. A war between two nuclear armed powers could lead to a catastrophe.

As for Vietnam, a peaceful solution is laid at China's door.

Vietnam has repeatly declared that it is not the first who will resort to force in the South China Sea dispute.
Despite some war rhetorics between the two rivals, Vietnam wants a peaceful solution and accepts the current status quo. However it has made China clear about possible consequences if China crosses the red line:
- any further violation caused either by PLA or state controlled vessels within 200 nautical miles off coast of Vietnam
- any attack on Vietnamese islands
Any Chinese provokation and military action above will lead to an armed confrontation, inevitably!

As you have noticed, the current dispute does have only some small impacts on daily life between the Chinese and Vietnamese. Still. Just take a look into the latest economic cooperations between Vietnam and China:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-far-east/200963-vietnam-china-economic-relations.html

Unfortunately the thread is ruined by some.

As for your country Pakistan and neighbor India, despite some bitterness I wish you both can coexist peacefully. A war between two nuclear armed powers could lead to a catastrophe.

Most IOR countries have to face the nuances between the territorial waters 12 NMs and Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) 200 or 300 NMs. Any unauthorized intrusion into the Territorial waters gives the country the right to militarily intercept and or sink the vessel - however, in the EEZ, the rules of Territorial Waters apparently do not apply and it is the strength of country to exercise its power is what matters.

Tricky environment these are. I am sure these can be sorted out with mutual considerations - at least we all hope so.

With Pakistan, the EEZ demarcation with India has been a problem as the Sir Creek issue has not been resolved - due to the land border dispute, the extension of sea border is also disputed and therefore the problem. I hope these matters are resolved and we can attain peace in the region.

Most IOR countries have to face the nuances between the territorial waters 12 NMs and Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) 200 or 300 NMs. Any unauthorized intrusion into the Territorial waters gives the country the right to militarily intercept and or sink the vessel - however, in the EEZ, the rules of Territorial Waters apparently do not apply and it is the strength of country to exercise its power is what matters.

Tricky environment these are. I am sure these can be sorted out with mutual considerations - at least we all hope so.

With Pakistan, the EEZ demarcation with India has been a problem as the Sir Creek issue has not been resolved - due to the land border dispute, the extension of sea border is also disputed and therefore the problem. I hope these matters are resolved and we can attain peace in the region.

among all your posts, i like this sentence... yes i do hope problems in our regions will resolved peacefully..... but if you count by force no one is going to bow down.......

Pacific countries resolved their land disputes and settle down other problems between them and became united... that is why they are able to project their power all over globe.... but we Asians, have lots of problems among us.... and fighting with each other....

among all your posts, i like this sentence... yes i do hope problems in our regions will resolved peacefully..... but if you count by force no one is going to bow down.......

Pacific countries resolved their land disputes and settle down other problems between them and became united... that is why they are able to project their power all over globe.... but we Asians, have lots of problems among us.... and fighting with each other....

I agree. But we Asians also have a lot of patience and the dividends of this attribute will bear fruit sooner than later.

How is the economic relation between Pakistan and India?

WW3 is coming. Looks like Diaoyu Island will be the battlefront. China will need to knock out Japanese military and nuclear facilities in short order. Vietnam will be countered by PLA on land. Philippines is too weak to do anything but cry. India will be tied down by all its neighbors unable to do much offensively against China.
will earth and you will survive ?

Back
Top Bottom