What's new

In Krishna's land, Muslims help in Janmashtami preparations

And how the current Hindu majority govt is discriminating the Hindu majority in Hindu majority India?

it is not discrimination, it is better control, if majority control,minority get controlled automatically
it is indication of good governance........see it is very important in democracy, religious freedom and freedom for speech,
but who will draw the boundaries.......so initiation must be start from majority........

1948 pundit Nehru bring Hindu code bill , in spit of all resistant he was determine to bring reform in Hindu society........and to avoid controversy he left Muslim community's future on ulema , i wish he could bring similar code bill for muslin,rather than Muslim personnel law ,for social reform in Muslim community ,

so right from beginning Muslim community is enjoying full religious freedom ,and Hindu is controlled,

now time has come were this so called freedom of expression has to redefine....................

If you do so, the mods will remove it for being "highly objectionable". They did that to my signature, even though it was a reposte to the signature of a certain PDF veteran.

On topic, it is great to see this religious harmony in a state that, just two decades ago, was one of the most polarized in the country. Babri demolition, rampant riots, neighbours slaughtering neighbours - all of that seems so far off now. That state (and India in general) seems to have matured in that regard. The present generation will not be persuaded to take arms against their neighbours by godmen or sadhus or maulvis. Hopefully that breed of unwanted hate mongers will go the way of the dodo.

I agree with other posters above that India needs less religion and more of productive human endeavours, to progress. Fewer temples, more schools. Fewer churches, more hospitals. Fewer mosques, more power plants. Fewer prophets and sadhus, more scientists and engineers. After all, these communal godmen and muftis will not help reduce our fiscal deficit or increase industrial output, or contribute in any way to the wel being of society. Only hard work and industrialization will. There is a reason that Nehru called hydroelectric projects the "Temples of modern India". Those are the sort of temples we need.

Remember that old patriotic song?

"aao mehnat ko apna iman banaye
apne hathon ko apna bhagwan banaye
ram kee iss dharatee ko gautam kee bhumee ko
sapnon se bhee pyara hindustan banaye
naya khun hai, nayee umangein, abb hai nayee jawanee
ham hindustani."

(Note that I don't mean to take away the festive spirit. I am all for seeing people celebrate and enjoy life, whether for religious reasons or secular ones.)

In the matchless voice of Mohammed Rafi:

TU HINDU BANEGA NA MUSALMAAN BANEGA - FILM "DHOOL KA PHOOL" - YouTube

Thanks bro, for such a wonderful post !!!

I think this is the real identity of India ... a true endeavor that we should all engage in ...
India : where all religions prosper in religion-less environ !!!

Yeah pic,movies,dramas,shah rukh khan lol and then the realities a big difference is there !!

Dr Zakir Hussain and Dr Abdul Kalam Azad had been presidents of India ...is that also filmy , bollywood drama.

One can always close his eyes and say the world is a dark place ....and nobody can really make the person believe that darkness lies in his eyes and not the world !!!

Yeah pic,movies,dramas,shah rukh khan lol and then the realities a big difference is there !!

another shah rukha khan lol

Hindu-Muslim-Unity-Images-from-India-Pictures.jpg

Its-Happen-Only-in-India-Hindu-Muslim-Unity.jpg

5901573099_ec558833a2_z.jpg

3da83730-75da-4144-83cc-c2c6fbca464cHiRes.JPG

385903_345918675420101_147826638562640_1419806_2045591411_n.jpg

Rishikesh004.jpg

I once I once saw something similar as showing that a Muslim man celebrates Muslim festivities and prays and also goes to temple to pray and helps them in their festivities and prays like them in their festivities.

Seriously, how come he be a Muslim.

I once I once saw something similar as showing that a Muslim man celebrates Muslim festivities and prays and also goes to temple to pray and helps them in their festivities and prays like them in their festivities.

You mean how dare he help those damned idol worshippers/pagans/kafirs?

That's India for you. Most Indians know that if there is a god, he or she won't get upset and angry because a man went to a temple instead of a mosque.

It is amazing how some people think that there is a god who made the galaxies and the planets and the oceans and lakes and rivers and plants and trees and animals, and controls the whole universe, and is yet concerned about silly, trivial things like how many times a man or woman praises that god, which place he goes to worship, what kind of prayers and ceremonies they do, who he or she sleeps with, and so on.

It is true what they say, that man (humans) have made god in their own image. Humans are petty, have ego, get upset for trivial reasons and so on, so they think their god must be the same.

Don't measure everybody with your 'own' yard-stick, for if you are wrong ....you will end up everybody-else measuring wrong !!!

What makes you believe that who you think is true Muslim ....is only true muslim ! everything -else is wrong .

By the way I really do not want to derail thread by bringing question what constitutes a " True Muslim " ....

God is the greatest lie

Religion is the biggest deceit

Prophets are the worst liars

Disciples are the blindest lot

On these lines I shall sum up the whole debate about religions and discriminations in all countries ...

People don't treat human being next to them well ....and they talk 'big' about worshipping god !!!

I would not go as far as to say that God is the greatest lie and religion is a deceit etc... Religion was important force to keep society in check and protect people in medieval ages. Now it may have lost those function in modern society and may seen irrelevant, but I still see them as relevant in imparting moral values. The problem arise when people blindly become religious and see everything from religious lenses and cannot think beyond religion.

I would not go as far as to say that God is the greatest lie and religion is a deceit etc... Religion was important force to keep society in check and protect people in medieval ages. Now it may have lost those function in modern society and may seen irrelevant, but I still see them as relevant in imparting moral values. The problem arise when people blindly become religious and see everything from religious lenses and cannot think beyond religion.

I agree absolutely ...It's a poem and I have taken poetic liberty to express one side of opinion . Many times one tend to exaggerate to make a point ...
....Neverthless you would also agree that much of human suffering also stems from blind-worshipping !

I am sorry if I gave you one sided argument about God or Religion ...For better and different view points you can read more here if you are interested ...

Chinmoy

Anyway thanks for pointing out ...I agree it's only partly true and rather one sided !

to know that u should come and live in india...im a hindu i went to Ajmer dargah and offered prayers that doesnt make me less Hindu.. we have more respect to each others religions than common propaganda u see in news and articles...

It is more important to be a human than to be Muslim. No wonder India inspite of having 20% of world Muslim population doesn't produce a terrorist or Jihad-i

If You move out of your moronic assumtions i may give you some reality bite...

Kumbh Mela (/ˌkʊm ˈmeɪlə/ or /ˌkʊm məˈlɑː/; Devanagari: कुम्भ मेला "kumbha mēlā", Marathi कुंभमेळा) "kumbh mela" is a mass Hindu pilgrimage of faith in which Hindus gather to bathe in a sacred river. It is considered to be largest peaceful gathering in the world with over 100 million people visiting during the Maha Kumbh Mela in 2013

Guess what..
The Inchange for Kumb Mela in 2013 was : Azam Khan !! .. a Muslim

Simple statement
Hindu,Muslim,Sikh,Isayee hum sab hai bhai bhai
abe jab sab ke DNA same hai toh kya muslim aur kya hindu
we all are humans
thats it

Back
Top Bottom