What's new

Imran failed to provide evidence of assassination claim before JIT: Sana

They were good steps. Remember that you were my 'go to' person for the economy matters under Imran rule. I applauded them.
But I wouldn't go as far as to say they were 'bigger' than last 70 years. I hear Pakistan went much deeper into debt under him. I also know Imran was losing popularity in byelections and that's why didn't call for early elections leading to the NCM of April 2022.
Democrats in America also throw money into feel-good programs, making the country even more into debt. There are repercussions for such actions.
Well numbers and stats suggest otherwise
Pakistan debt to GDP ratio contracted for first time under IK since 2006. Infact IK was blamed for refusing to taking more Cpec loans (coece rationalization)

You can simply tally numbers at sbp site.

Cardinal problem foreign inflows increased at incredible rate 10+% (vs 20% decline now)

What happened to debt now is well it's doubled lol 😆

Overall economy wise taking first 18 months out it was golden period for growth exports remittances

Only thing he failed was perception and buzdar

By the way I would prefer buzdar any day on shahbaz sharif..those who think I was wrong (I said this in 2021) don't disagree with me now after seeing this shitshow

They were good steps. Remember that you were my 'go to' person for the economy matters under Imran rule. I applauded them.
But I wouldn't go as far as to say they were 'bigger' than last 70 years. I hear Pakistan went much deeper into debt under him. I also know Imran was losing popularity in byelections and that's why didn't call for early elections leading to the NCM of April 2022.
Democrats in America also throw money into feel-good programs, making the country even more into debt. There are repercussions for such actions.

5.5 Million Jobs Were Created Under Him Exports Crossed $30 Billion As Well As Remmittances Which Also Crossed This Barrier All This Done When The World Faced A Global Pandemic.

Also SBP Autonomy,Privatization of SIH and HEC And FBR Surpassing It's Tax Collection Targets.

So Not A Bad 3 Years What You Think

I have fine cardiologist from multan he has more research papers from me and is well reknowned in guidelines from nishtar
But when you speak to him you feel he is buzdar brother..

That guy if he comes to Pakistan people will laugh at him. In USA he gives grand rounds

The difference between politics and real life.

People do care about perception

Not saying buzdar was doing all the great things or was it all from IK head office and he was a puppet, I am not sure I wasnt in the govt I simply look at facts and figures

But regardless performance of PTI was way better then PPPP and PPPP performance was way better then PMLN

PMLN gets brownie points for large poor planned infrastructure projects that create more problems then solutions

You can do a PhD on Lahore Islamabad motorway, ghazi brotha project and sahiwal project

I even read my father student supervised masters on ghazi brotha how it was a total disaster

Just because you have a benefit of project doesn't mean it should be built first with very limited resources a country has.

You can argue a minivan is great it takes you to work and you can buy groceries but it makes no sense if you are single...it would make more sense to put that money in sp500 ETF rather then paying 8% laon
That has been PMLN problem build stupid projects in Punjab and get a skimmed off from top

Democratic Populism is the fastest way to bankrupt a country, and that is exactly what happened.

The shamelessness of trying to blame anyone else for their own bankrupting of the country is simply how Democratic Populism works.

It's all lies and feelings with democratic populists.

5.5 Million Jobs Were Created Under Him Exports Crossed $30 Billion As Well As Remmittances Which Also Crossed This Barrier All This Done When The World Faced A Global Pandemic.

Also SBP Autonomy,Privatization of SIH and HEC And FBR Surpassing It's Tax Collection Targets.

So Not A Bad 3 Years What You Think
People don't understand debt concept in Pakistan

Debt in rupees devaluation mean nothing(as it's piece of paper)

You will have to see at debt to GDP ratio and foreign inflows these are the only two metrics that matter

Now debt to GDP ratio can sometimes be skewed in times like now (given rapid devaluation with rapid inflation as inflation itself increases GDP in unreal terms)

Bhai, make up your mind on whom you're supporting these days...

Your Avatar seems clear as day whom you're siding with in 2023.
I'm supporting Pakistan army

But supporting Pakistan army doesn't mean I can't talk about maths

Exactly.

Farah Gogi ran away months ago, didn't she?

FIA has apparently contacted Interpol to issue a red warrant on her name.

Though she's a pretty damn big 'fish' with bags of money so... I'm not holding my breath. Plus, I'm not sure if Interpol has even issued a warrant.

She's as good as gone, as far as I can tell.

Just look at the three clowns in this pic! Such inspiring 'Riyasat e Medina' characters. One sold a State-gift watch for a profit. And the two ladies--one is supposed to believe and practice some weird superstitions, if not magic, while the other was into multi-million deals in real estate.

Yeah, Imran Kahn is a superstitious nutcase.

And who can blame him? He won the world cup just because of rain!

Democratic Populism is the fastest way to bankrupt a country, and that is exactly what happened.

The shamelessness of trying to blame anyone else for their own bankrupting of the country is simply how Democratic Populism works.

It's all lies and feelings with democratic populists.

Yes.
If Imran's rule was so great then why the hell he was losing byelections leading to the NCM of April 2022? Why was he reluctant to call early polls leading to April 2022?
I don't know much about economic matters but if things really were that grand, as people above are saying, then why on Earth he was unpopular and was removed due to 'foreign conspiracy'.
Only a historian down the road, with some distance of time, would be able to answer such questions. Me thinks, in our hatred for the old order, people give too much credit to Imran. I know my family was cursing Imran's even though they voted for him.
And I also believe it is not only the incompetency of the present govt but also the political mayhem and generally low global growth and shocks from the Russia-Ukraine war which have contributed to the crisis we are seeing in Pakistan now.

Yes.
If Imran's rule was so great then why the hell he was losing byelections leading to the NCM of April 2022? Why was he reluctant to call early polls leading to April 2022?
I don't know much about economic matters but if things really were that grand, as people above are saying, then why on Earth he was unpopular and was removed due to 'foreign conspiracy'.
Only a historian down the road, with some distance of time, would be able to answer such questions. Me thinks, in our hatred for the old order, people give too much credit to Imran. I know my family was cursing Imran's even though they voted for him.
And I also believe it is not only the incompetency of the present govt but also the political mayhem and generally low global growth and shocks from the Russia-Ukraine war which have contributed to the crisis we are seeing in Pakistan now.
Imran Khan was never popular in central Punjab
He actually lost central punjab in 2018(PMLN won 60/90)
Add inflation to it (global inflation of 9%) and lack of coalition support bonanza of 5b$ of course there was no way he would win

Common people care about bread prices not about anything else

But he would have easily won his seats in KPK
People there do care of no CSF ..they don't want it while in Punjab people want it as

CSF means kill pushtoons.. punjabis are okay(due to massive benefits to punjab) with it pushtoons aren't

If today Ik says he will take CSF and Nawaz sharif says he won't KP will vote for Nawaz sharif

Yes.
Early on yes (oil crisis)

But globally recession never happened, oil dropped and inflation is low at 4% now with 50+% in Pakistan

It was 9% globally when IK was in office with (13% Pakistan)

Issue was dar..he has always messed up always ..he is basically a person with dementia

Things would have been much better with miftah and market response tells you that

Even though miftah hands were tied by maryum on lot of policy decisions

FykFRf6aQAE_l5h

Just because you have a benefit of project doesn't mean it should be built first with very limited resources a country has.

You can argue a minivan is great it takes you to work and you can buy groceries but it makes no sense if you are single...it would make more sense to put that money in sp500 ETF rather then paying 8% laon
That has been PMLN problem build stupid projects in Punjab and get a skimmed off from top

In my younger years, a professor once told us in his entrepreneurship class, "You build infrastructure around the industry you want to advance." Creating a sustainable ecosystem that is profitable and taxed to support the infrastructure over its useful life. Once established, you jump into the subsequent form, like IT, etc., of the economy as the investments have generated new money and ideas. What we have are piecemeal programs that amount to nothing.

I only see the inauguration of roads or refurbishing of existing roads for a country with only 6,600,000 vehicles registered. Nawaz & Co. wastes so much of the exchequer on roads and rails that they are never fully utilized because the industry is not set up and mature enough to use them. Road structure, by all means, is non-profit; however, they are productive assets for the user, but we do not have enough users.

Last edited:
In my younger years, a professor once told us in his entrepreneurship class, "You build infrastructure around the industry you want to advance." Creating a sustainable ecosystem that is profitable and taxed to support the infrastructure over its useful life. Once established, you jump into the subsequent form, like IT, etc., of the economy as the investments have generated new money and ideas. What we have are piecemeal programs that amount to nothing.

I only see the inauguration of roads or refurbishing of existing roads for a country with only 6,600,000 vehicles registered. Nawaz & Co. wastes so much of the exchequer on roads and rails that they are never fully utilized because the industry is not set up and mature enough to use them. Road structure, by all means, is non-profit; however, they are productive assets for the user, but we do not have enough users.
Exactly

We built a Lahore Islamabad motorway at cost of 4% of our GDP(out GDP was 50b$ then)

That money could have been spent to improve GT road which was single or expand Karachi port, build super highway ..even then a lot of money would have been left over

People are saying oh it's great

Yeah it sgreat now 30 years later with 3x population

Same is with 2.6b orange train.

You could have build BRT in every city at that cost and left over money could have been used to run those BRTs

Or you could have just put that money in ML1 A MUCH MORE IMP project

You built ghazi brotha same issue...
NJ is a total disaster..

Why because of idiots refusing to listen to experts

Now sure NJ has benefits but you had better options

Last edited:
Exactly

We built a Lahore Islamabad motorway at cost of 4% of our GDP(out GDP was 50b$ then)

That money could have been spent to improve GT road which was single or expand Karachi port, build super highway ..even then a lot of money would have been left over

People are saying oh it's great

Yeah it sgreat now 30 years later with 3x population

Same is with 2.6b orange train.

You could have build BRT in every city at that cost and left over money could have been used to run those BRTs

Or you could have just put that money in ML1 A MUCH MORE IMP project

I was very much in favor of the BRT system and it's cost-effective and efficient. If I remember correctly, several years back, a Chinese firm was willing to put down and bankroll the whole scheme, but then the issue of what my commission killed it.

While Chicago isn't the best city due to crime, the BRT in place is doing pretty well, allowing surrounding suburbs to connect specific juncture points easily.

Every project of PMLN is disaster in some sort of way..

Why because PMLN built project with only three criteria
1- Punjab
2- optics
3- how much can I skimm

I was very much in favor of the BRT system and it's cost-effective and efficient.
While Chicago isn't the best city due to crime, the BRT in place is doing pretty well, allowing surrounding suburbs to connect specific juncture points easily.
Yes it is
Similarly a high speed railway from SAN FRANCISCO TO California

But can you afford it?

2.6b$ is something a city like Lahore can't afford
It's equal to cost of building bhasha dam

A much more economically project would be a BRT or monorail 🚝

Each project has cost analysis...except for PMLN projects it's only a Punjab,optics and skim analysis

Back
Top Bottom