What's new

Imran demands apology from Pakistan to Bangladesh

Musharraf expressed 'regrets'. Not an official 'apology'. I think there should be a Resolution in the Parliament of Pakistan to offer an 'apology' to the people of Bangladesh. I know there were the India-backed Mukti Bahini who went after the Biharis for merely being sympathetic to the then W. Pakistan. But I still think an 'apology' is the right course of action.
Why an 'apology'? Because we W. Pakistanis were raised as something 'superior' to the E. Pakistani. Someone with better knowledge of the social aspects of that sense of superiority can probably shed better light but in my best understanding the W. Pakistanis thought themselves of somebody 'inherently' better than the East Pakistanis. That was the main problem. Everything from 1947 on went from there. India merely stepped in and exploited the situation. It also does not help that militarily the E. Pakistan was almost not defensible. Remember: 'The defence of E. Pakistan lies in W. Pakistan' strategy?
Anyway, looks like Bangladeshis have already gone past that. And it certainly looks like the Pakistanis too have gone past that. An apology will cement that. Not forgotten but the chapter will be closed.

These are some video footage of genocide of bangladeshi's by west pakistani army.... I am just wondering what pakistani people think about it.... do you support this sort of action... n if it would happen to you how you would react....

This is just one of the thousands of genocide carried out by pakistani army during 1971 .... in this video ABC is showing how pakistani army killed innocent man, woman, children and then burn them... n described how before killing the woman how they raped them before their husband and children....

This is the video footage which was taken by a engineer professor secretly showing how pakistany army was killing innocent students and professors at Dhaka university on 26th march 1971 as part of operation searchlight to make bangladesh intellectual free and to create fear among all:

This is news on massacre on khulna university where in the city almost 100K innocent people were murdered...

This is the news on rapping of 200K bangladeshi woman and even many of them were minor and how pakistani army kept them as sex slaves:::

Last edited by a moderator:
can someone, in the Think Tanks gang, answer sami6108 (pst # 138) post. Very interesting post.

Pakistan Army should hold an apologetic ceremony every year during Bangladesh's independence day. If we just deny that fact that it didn't happen then Pakistan Army will be portrayed inhumane and unprofessional. We dont read or hear Americans denying the fact that African Americans were considered property and used for slavery, we dont see Germans denying the Holocaust and etc.. Pakistanis should recognize this day.

but again the question of identity representation remains unanswered. and we souldnt forget that the mother language movement originated from bangladesh because they wanted their langauge. i am sure there are some other differencers as well that motivated bengalis for separation.

uffffff.... again back to the first point !! never mind

it reminds me Gandhi-Jinnah talks 1943.

for an hour or so Jinnah talked about Two Nations theory and emergence of PAKistan...and after listening all this Gandhi said to Jinnah "yeh shab tou thek hai, per Jinnah mujhay PAKishtan ka matlab samaj nahi aya"

Jinnah called his driver to take Gandhi home !

Read Simla bose's book on 1971 and her paper "“Losing the Victims: Problems of Using Women as Weapons in Recounting the Bangladesh War”

she went on ground to bangladesh and said the murders were extremely exaggerated....imagine Nazi Germany with 10 million troops killed 6 million jews in 6 years...here our friends are claiming 3 million bengalis were killed by 20000-34000 pak troops ( not including the civil police personnel ) in just 3 weeks , which no sane person can even believe...its humanely impossible to even happen..yes the numbers may be in thousands as hummudurehman commision pointed out but not in millions...i won't accept a sane person to believe this story

Its her quote "The number of West Pakistani armed forces personnel in East Pakistan was about 20,000 at the beginning of the conflict, rising to 34,000 by December. Another 11,000 men — civil police and non-combat personnel — also held arms"

Also read

1) RAW in Bangladesh by ZainulAbidin (an ex-Mukti Bahini member) on 1971 war.
3) Read Blood and tears by a Pakistani writer about 1971 war.
4) Check the website of Federation of American Scientist on 1971 war
5) Read “East Pakistan Tragedy” by L.F. Rushbrook Williams.

If some one deliberately wants to be victimized by false propaganda i can only pray for him/her.

We will definitely apologize for killings of 1971 but it shouldnt be one sided...bangladesh should in return also apologize for murders of bihari muslims, west-pak families and those bengalis who supported pak muslims (razakars, al-shams, al-badr groups)

Regards
MadDog

now you guys are happy after seeing these videos Sami posteD?

Sami the problem here is people dont have information about what really went on in East wing, so these people with no or very little information cannot help themselves in understanding how brutual west wing's role was... all they know is to be stubborn in their evil spirit of nationalism, with no respect and honour...
Had they been patriots to their nation, they would definitely wanted to apologize after attaining self realization.

The biharis ( urdu speaking people supporting Pak) killed by (Bangladeshi liberation) mukthi bahni fighters

Even now biharis are not treated peoperly by bangladesh's governament's racist behavious and they call them selves pakistani

Since 1971 Bihari people (two hundred and fifty thousand of them) have been forced to live in 66 camps ,in Bangladesh, sidelined from the mainstream society just because they supported Pakistan...these are apartheid policies of Bangladesh's govt.

Yet there are more than 1-2 million bangladeshis in Pak, living illegally as they came to pak
in 1980s if they hate pak so much why did they come here to work

@ sami6108 ...The question was asked "do pak youth support such kind of action ?"..no sir we dont and we condemn it and i hope bangladeshi youth would also condemn what mukti bahni did to biharis, and bengali supporters of Pakistan

To others, if u guys have any heart in you , you people would equally speak for those killed by
mukti bahani, be it west pak civilians, pro pak bengalis or bihari civilians.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan Army should hold an apologetic ceremony every year during Bangladesh's independence day. If we just deny that fact that it didn't happen then Pakistan Army will be portrayed inhumane and unprofessional. We dont read or hear Americans denying the fact that African Americans were considered property and used for slavery, we dont see Germans denying the Holocaust and etc.. Pakistanis should recognize this day.

very well stated, that is how we can learn from our mistakes and grow stronger.

maddog is this your justification for massare of Bangalies?

Back
Top Bottom