What's new

Babar Azam says stepping down as captain from all formats

There a couple of issues from what I see.

Cricketers or ex cricketers should lead cricket directors, selection committee, coaches departments.

Other departments to do with administration and non cricketing topics should be led by qualified managers. There has to be a realization that management is a science.

Babar’s resignation from captaincy is unfortunate but if he did on his own free will, the decision should be respected.

If he was pressurized by PCB, then cricket in Pakistan will continue to rot.

Personally I didn’t think he was captain material but we don’t have better option.

Last edited:

Shan Masood appointed Test captain, Shaheen to lead Pakistan in T20Is

BR
November 15, 2023

View attachment 1019610

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has announced the appointment of Shan Masood as the Test captain and Shaheen Afridi as the T20Is.

The board announced the development in a post on social media platform X - formerly Twitter.

Shan has been appointed captain till the end of the ICC World Test Championship 2023-25. His first assignment will be a three-match Test series against Australia starting from December 14.

Meanwhile, Shaheen will lead Pakistan Men’s Team in the T20I format and his first assignment will be the five-match T20I series in New Zealand from January 12 to 21 January. The 23-year-old quick has bagged 64 wickets in 52 T20Is.

Shaheen has also captained Lahore Qalandars in PSL and has helped the side win the tournament twice in two years in the 2022 and 2023 editions.

The move comes shortly after Babar Azam stepped down as-format captain, following a humiliating World Cup campaign.

He was under fire after Pakistan failed to perform in the Asia Cup and continued the same momentum into the World Cup — where they crashed out before reaching the semis.
father in law dirty politics ...... doubt Shaheen Afridi can be a good captain ...

Last edited:
Now that Baber has more time on hand he should go stand in line for auto graph from other team

Till he figures out as Captain what should be his priority

• Moving around Rizwan down from Opening position , ruined the 1-2 Chemistry Pakistan had. With Baber-Rizwan opening the games

Last edited:
IK put the first nail which was the cancellation of the Departments, their so-called new system okay if you copy-paste something at least check will that applies to this situation or not.
Ramiz Raja focused on his own Image rather than actually focusing on Cricket, on his YT channel he kept talking about Pakistan needs modern-day aggressive approach when he came into power he did the opposite.
We all remember those concrete pitches :D, then saying its the PAKISTAN WAY. Focused too much on T20 instead of ODI or Test Cricket, the Pakistan team now is only a T20 team what the West Indies team became a few years back, they are a decent t20 team but as soon as you go for the longer format you don't have anything, the issue lies with the system, infrastructure which cant support and develop players for the long game and solely focus on blind power hitting.
Zaka & Najam are political appointments, it's the players who are getting affected by that, shouldn't they raise a voice that this needs, the problem is when players are getting paid they will turn a blind eye and when they retire first to jump and blame its oh it was political appointments which are causing problems if all players show a united front against political appointments, People will support that and Politicians will back off.
Babar has been captain for last 4 years and everytime he kept saying i m learning, learning learning, if you are not up to the mark at international level its your own responsibility to say if you cant coup and perform to give it back.
Babar built a core group, Pakistani spin has been the problem for more than 2 years, Even Imad was performing with batting and bowling, Shadab and Nawaz were given preference on personal reasons hence when you select a team like that you had it coming
Shan might be a decent choice in the long term guy at least has a brain, but Shaheen, Rizwan, and Babar are part of the same core group so i wouldn't expect much.
I would have gone with Imad as T20 Captain, as he can build his team for at least 2 years. with ODI whoever performs gets a cap. first 2 years and then 4 years mainly Rizwan as Captain and Shaheen as Vice even he doesn't deserve captaincy at this point his performance was sub-par

PDM , Najam Sethi = Chaos

It's ok , put a comedian in charge of Cricket , funny things are bound to happen

I did not watched any game not even the one where Zaman went and scored big because I knew , in a classic Pakistani way it was once a blue moon inning

If 8 players of team are making papad , the 1 or 2 player scoring big does not make too much difference

1700156181764.png

If a below-average player like Wahab Riaz, who has only 2 performances in his life, 5 wickets against India and a bowling spell in Australia where Pakistan lost both matches, if he is made the Chief Selector, then Appoint Azam Khan as a fitness coach..

1700322826600.png

Saim Ayub gets maiden Test call-up as new chief selector Wahab Riaz announces squad for Australia tour

Dawn.com
November 20, 2023

Newly appointed Chief Selector Wahab Riaz giving a press conference.—Photo courtesy: PCB X account.

Newly appointed Chief Selector Wahab Riaz giving a press conference.

Left-handed opening batter Saim Ayub received his maiden call-up for the Test side on Monday as the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) announced an 18-member squad for the upcoming tour of Australia.

Saim’s inclusion into the red-ball squad comes after the youngster put together a series of impressive performances in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy 2023-24 where he scored 553 runs in four matches for Karachi Whites and had three centuries to his name, including a match-winning double-century against Faisalabad in the final.

Pakistan will play three tests in Australia scheduled from 14 December 2023 to 7 January 2024.

Bowling line of Hasan Ali, Khurram Shahzad, Shaheen Shah and Mir Hamza, LoL Bowlers of Pakistan.

Bowling line of Hasan Ali, Khurram Shahzad, Shaheen Shah and Mir Hamza, LoL Bowlers of Pakistan.

I they are the best bowlers who are available in Pakistan at this point of time. You need someone to partner with Afridi in opening spell.

But why can not they make Sarfaraz as a test captain rather than PCM making someone as captain who was not part of your current team itself?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom