What's new

‘If war breaks out … I will just become cannon fodder:’ In Taiwan, ex-conscripts feel unprepared for potential China conflict

Electorally speaking? If not, then we have to go with the majority who says 'No'.
But no one expects they will put up a fierce fight as Japanese in ww2 as you mentioned, not even themselves, go to youtube and check out their street interviews about whether they would like to fight if a war breaks out.

You can believe it or not, it doesn't matter, as long as I know I will is enough for me, but do you think I need some qualification to ask you if you would like to fight for US ?
No, you do not.

I was just asking about one's willingness to fight, when did I talk about anyone's military experiences?
Am talking about the careless ways in which the PDF Chinese group talks about wars in general. Nuke this. Nuke that. That is not talking about experiences. Because none of you ever served, you have only specs to talk up the Parade Line Army (PLA). How many tanks, what caliber the rifle, AESA radars or not, as if all those things will guarantee victories for the PLA. You guys are the truest keyboard warriors.

But no one expects they will put up a fierce fight as Japanese in ww2 as you mentioned, not even themselves, go to youtube and check out their street interviews about whether they would like to fight if a war breaks out.
Talk is always cheap especially when one can be paid to talk a certain way. But as I have always said that analogies have their breaking points, the WW II era Chinese are that stopping point. For Taiwan, China is the invader like JPN was back then.

Street intervies: How many days do you think Taiwan can hold off the mainland if the mainland attacks?
Result: Not even 7 days..

Talk is always cheap especially when one can be paid to talk a certain way. But as I have always said that analogies have their breaking points, the WW II era Chinese are that stopping point. For Taiwan, China is the invader like JPN was back then.
China is the invader? so how come Taiwan's name is republic of China? how come almost all countries recognized Taiwan part of China including US and UN?

You guys are all up the same tree. :lol:
You are lying again, when did I ask China to nuke anyone?

China is the invader? so how come Taiwan's name is republic of China? how come almost all countries recognized Taiwan part of China including US and UN?
You can spin that all you want and it is meaningless. When it comes to Taiwan, what the US do is more important than what the US say. That we arming Taiwan says much.

You are lying again, when did I ask China to nuke anyone?
I do not care if it was YOU in particular. All of you guys are in the same tree and enough of you guys called for nuclear weapons against Taiwan and the US, destroy Taiwan via 'scorched Earth' tactics, and so on. The most blood lost you guys ever had were paper cuts.

You can spin that all you want and it is meaningless. When it comes to Taiwan, what the US do is more important than what the US say. That we arming Taiwan says much.
So you mean US is a liar, they say something and doing the opposite? and why Taiwan's name is Republic of China if Taiwan is not part of China?

I do not care if it was YOU in particular. All of you guys are in the same tree and enough of you guys called for nuclear weapons against Taiwan and the US, destroy Taiwan via 'scorched Earth' tactics, and so on. The most blood lost you guys ever had were paper cuts.
This is so funny, do I represent all Chinese members here, does any Chinese member here can represent me? you need to fix your messed up logic now.

It is YOU who should get his IQ checked. Then go read up on some military history.

Technology changes how an army fight, but it is actually wars that changes an army down to its nature. Big difference.

The comparison is invalid only if China had continuous combat experience since the 1970s, and we are talking about the end of the Vietnam War and that China-VN border disputes where Chinese troops actually did some shooting. But since 1979, the most the Parade Line Army (PLA) did was sent advisors to various small communist guerrilla outfits in Africa and the Americas. It was not until Desert Storm, not a Chinese war, that the PLA was forced to reassess itself and modeled after the American military. Without a war where you can find out where your doctrines succeed and fail, you cannot change or changes very little. Regardless of how you may feel about US, you cannot deny the US military changed dramatically and essentially dragged everyone else's military along.

If you want to go that route -- fine. But I would add that it should be decided by Chinese who are actually at risk of being drafted into the Parade Line Army (PLA) or the ROC Armed Forces, which rules out YOU. So since your skin are safe in Canada, maybe you should STFU about this issue
No, for a warmonger vietnamese american on the sideline, you should STFU about purely Chinese matter, get it.

I will grant that China can make this civil war for as long as humanly feasible. But you cannot deny what our Greek forum member pointed out. The reality is that Taiwan is further from China than Hong Kong was from China. There is 1.5 generation of people since the end of WW II. The Taiwanese themselves have a distinct culture and even dialect, they do not want to be part of China. The comparison with the US Civil War has its limits. In the US Civil War, the issue was a greater moral one: slavery. In the Chinese Civil War, we are looking at an ideological divide that essentially harms no one. Then once you have 1.5 generation passed and whoever few remains from that previous era, they can no longer contribute to the issue simply because they are too old and too few. The US would have been harmed in many ways had its union been destroyed. Whereas with the Taiwan issue, the island have been separated from the mainland in more ways than geography. Humanely speaking, let the Taiwanese go. China have nothing to lose, not even face, but much to gain over the long term.
Hi,

Let Cuba go---. Let hawaii go---how about Diego garcia---. How about letting Israel go---.

It's like paying rent to a person who doesn't own the house. Do they also teach you hypocrisy in schools in US other than shooting guns?
No, the US is young country, we learned it from watching other countries.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom