What's new

IAF MiG-21 crashes in Jaisalmer

1640428431648.png

On these threads, I see people choosing the "laugh" emoticon. This is absolutely crass. I know the other side has many websites which take pleasure over every single misfortune that befalls Pakistan and that is as low as it gets, but why ape the other side? Let's lift ourselves above this.

The chap has left behind a widow, orphans, parents etc. Why gloat over his personal misfortune? There is degree of tribalism that is acceptable and then there is crass inhuman sentiment. Let's practice a bit of insaniat and chivalry.

We just lost Wing Commander Nauman Akram recently and I saw plenty of gloating on the other side on the occasion and I recall thinking how low can one go. But I see some of us doing the exact same.

On these threads, I see people choosing the "laugh" emoticon. This is absolutely crass. I know the other side has many websites which take pleasure over every single misfortune that befalls Pakistan and that is as low as it gets, but why ape the other side? Let's lift ourselves above this.

The chap has left behind a widow, orphans, parents etc. Why gloat over his personal misfortune? There is degree of tribalism that is acceptable and then there is crass inhuman sentiment. Let's practice a bit of insaniat and chivalry.

We just lost Wing Commander Nauman Akram recently and I saw plenty of gloating on the other side on the occasion and I recall thinking how low can one go. But I see some of us doing the exact same.

That's why I never get into arguments with idiots. U r here to share the views across borders. If some 1 makes really funny troll I give him kudos and ignore the irritating 1.
I always found its the weakest 1 who usually get too hyped up regularly on this forum.
Let's just say they r like pigs throwing garbage on each other & feeling gud that they had more bandage in their minds to throw at other. 😉

RIP

Very irresponsible of IAF top brass to force pilots to get into these flying coffins.

These MiG 21s belong in a junkyard, not on tarmac.

It is mostly older airframes that are nearing their end - similar to the Mirages but it looks like the HAL rebuild factory is not being utilized as such.

I never meant to say that.... F16 is totally in different league....

But for us migs are still important when our squadron numbers are falling down.... MIG 21 if accidents number is reduced is still a formidable interceptor.... Given the condition of our economy today it's obvious we won't be able to replace 120+ migs overnight..... That's why I said we can't afford single MIG 21 loss.....

Not interested even if you offer it for free..... Migs are already liability on us untill we are in position to induct new jets..... Whatever number of migs we have I'm of the view that we should not loose a single in crash.... Rest those 2 migs which you have please save it for yourself.... BURE WAQT ME KAAM AA JAYENGE....
Dear numbers had more importance in past when there were dogfight and only chance of shoot down the opponent was with guns or short range heat seeking missile. But now in modern age, numbers matters but not as much as in past, because one modern jet loaded with 6 BVR can shoot down 3 opponent at long ranges without merging. So If IAF induct 100 modern jets then then can easily compensate 200 Migs. So Squadron strength can shortens but not the capabilities as 100 Modern jets can compensate the capabilities of 300 Old 3rd generation jets.
So do the maths.

And on important thing is that you cannot replace every Mig-21 with a fourth plus generation bird as it will be unbearable burdon on Indian economy. So your Military high command needs to wake up and update themselves to align with modern war scenarios. But only Indian military heavily rely on numbers.

3rd IAF pilot to die in a mig 21 crash in 2021

1 Group Captain
1 Squadron Leader

And now 1 Wing Commander

Unbelievable incompetency

maybe it's a difficult aircraft to fly and thus only senior pilots are flying it

bluntly speaking, if it was war situation i would be happy on loss of asset of enemy but during peacetime I feel sad

Dear numbers had more importance in past when there were dogfight and only chance of shoot down the opponent was with guns or short range heat seeking missile. But now in modern age, numbers matters but not as much as in past, because one modern jet loaded with 6 BVR can shoot down 3 opponent at long ranges without merging. So If IAF induct 100 modern jets then then can easily compensate 200 Migs. So Squadron strength can shortens but not the capabilities as 100 Modern jets can compensate the capabilities of 300 Old 3rd generation jets.
So do the maths.

And on important thing is that you cannot replace every Mig-21 with a fourth plus generation bird as it will be unbearable burdon on Indian economy. So your Military high command needs to wake up and update themselves to align with modern war scenarios. But only Indian military heavily rely on numbers.

Quantity itself is a quality..... Nothing beats quantity....

Quantity itself is a quality..... Nothing beats quantity....
Yes if the Quantity based on modern technology. But there is no space for 3rd Generation jets in modern arena. This is age of net centricity and if you have 150 Modern jets and integrated in Net Centric warfare system then this force can easily beat 400 3rd Generation jets without net-centric environment.
Also Modern Jets are technological very advance so the cost of modern jets are way more than the 3rd generation or early 4th generation jets. So if you emphasize on quantity to replace each 3rd generation bird with modern 4.5 generation jet, and to maintain them, use them at maximum potential then mark my word only economic super powers can afford that luxury. Not third world countries. IAF bought 36 Rafale for around 8 Billion Euros. Now do the maths that if you have to replace 200 Mig-21 in next 5 years. So you have to brought 40 Jets each year for around 8 Billion Euros. How can you spare 8 billion Euro each year for fighter procurement. Impossible! Even if you want to procure 100 jets it will take 5 to 8 years to be finalize, manufacturing, testing, commission and employment. Check Now.

Back
Top Bottom