What's new

I want peace at Indo-China border, will return the belt, says Vijender Singh

doe33

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
France
Vijender Singh continued his winning streak in professional boxing to take the stretch to 9-0. His latest victim was China's Zulpikar Maimaitiali who gave the Indian boxer a tough fight in Mumbai but a tough call by the judge's came in the Indian's favour.

vijender-pti-7591.jpg

Vijender Singh won his ninth bout in the professional boxing ring when he beat Zulpikar Maimaitiali of China in a unanimous decision at the NSCI Complex in Worli, Mumbai. The Indian boxer won an extremely close bout that was adjudged 96-93, 95-94 and 95-94 by the three judges that stretched his unbeaten streak to 9-0 even though Vijender would feel lucky to have come out with a win.

At the end of the bout, Vijender made a surprising request and announced that he wished to return his newly acquired belt so as to alleviate the tension across the Indo-China border. “I want to dedicate this win to India-China friendship! There is some tension at the border, need peace. I don’t want the title, for peace and harmony at the border between India-China I will give it back to Maimaitial,” he said to the surprise of many.

With the win, Vijender now holds both the WBO Oriental Super Middleweight and the WBO Asia Pacific Super Middleweight title, which he already held, but his decision to hand the title back is a rare request which would be up to the officials.

On the bout that went all the way with both men going hammer and tongs for the ten rounds, Vijender looked weaker as the match went on with Zulpikar drawing in with some meaty jabs. The impact started to be felt on Vijender’s face who was bleeding by the eighth round. The boxer from Bhiwani acknowledged that it was a tough bout and something he didn’t expect – even with some jabs by Zulpikar’s being considered unsporting. “You all saw it was a tough fight, but happy that we came out victorious. It was unfortunate that he hit a few low blows and that upset me a little. But I had to recover quickly,” he said.

Before taking the questions from the ring announcer Charu Sharma, Vijender went outside the ring to acknowledge the strong celebrity presence including Amitabh, Abhishek Bachchan and Baba Ramdev, who had been to his previous bout in Delhi too. “I want to thank the people for coming out and supporting me. The likes of Amitabh Bachchan Sir, the king, the legend; Randeep Hooda, Baba Ji [Baba Ramdev],” he stated before leaving the ring.

http://indianexpress.com/article/sp...-india-china-peace-border-title-belt-4784132/

kidding,Chinese need peace in sub continent.who cares the border.:omghaha:

Its time you the indian public learn some manners and not mix sports with pathetic jingoism and politics... otherwise .. you might end up wishing the china on next Father's Day like you you to Pakistan on this years fathers day...

@joe33.

Its time you the indian public learn some manners and not mix sports with pathetic jingoism and politics... otherwise .. you might end up wishing the china on next Father's Day like you you to Pakistan on this years fathers day...

@joe33.

Vjinder played well and learned the win due to his hard work not your pathetic jingosim.

Matter is not that we have own but your best lost to us.It's thing to be bragged about..
Now keep a grip over your anger.

@joe33.

Vjinder played well and learned the win due to his hard work not your pathetic jingosim.

@joe33.

@joe33.

@joe33.

Well Pakistan has nothing but to brag on father's day.We don't need opinion from "free to hop in" cheerleaders.
It's Vijender who decided to return his belt,not that I have told him to do so..

Last edited:
Indian like to brag with a rare win, you guys are not worthy opponent when come to sport or violence sport.
India herself is the best gift given to China.
these flippant and moron Indians have not realized it.:omghaha:

rediculous phony nation in the dream. too many Bollywood movies watched.

Well Pakistan has nothing but to brag on father's day.We don't need opinion from "free to hop in" cheerleaders.
It's Vijender who decided to return his belt,not that I have told him to do so..
Vijender knows indian armed forces will get their asses handed to them. hence the gestures.

Pakistani can think so many things.. As a cheerleader you have all right.:lol:
50 days enough to say we don't bother..
you are worried about 50 days.we took pakistan in 1947 from india and still have it.......how many years has that been?????? guess what.............we are never giving it back. chew on that

you are worried about 50 days.we took pakistan in 1947 from india and still have it.......how many years has that been?????? guess what.............we are never giving it back. chew on that

You forgot to take all Muslims with you. Chew them also idiot otherwise Allah will punish you on the judgment day in hell.

You forgot to take all Muslims with you. Chew them also idiot otherwise Allah will punish you on the judgment day in hell.

but indian national favourite place is mustafa(muslim place) in singapore.

Back
Top Bottom