What's new

I hate my girlfriend, because i love my car.

Yeah, old American car have soul, the new one is just junk (I am serious, I mean who in the right mind will go for a Buick LeSabre, or Chevy Nova, by the way, Nova mean No Go in Spanish).......Once upon a time I was in love with a Studebaker once but back then I was quite young and a good one of those are REALLY expensive (like 20-30K) and I can't afford it. When I have money, I have a family, then I get a Lexus and then traded in for a XC-40, which my wife drove now.

Man, wish that I live in Pakistan seeing all these old classic, it's like when people told me if you want nice old American car, you need to go to Cuba.
Oh man those cars sound pricey as anything. I have to agree I’m not a fan of new care, the Hondas and Toyotas in Pakistan may look aesthetically pleasing but honestly the are all the same - no character.

That’s why I love old cars, maybe it’s because of the cars my grandfather and father drove, who knows.

And yes I’ve seen those Cuban cars, amazing 🤩.

Oh man those cars sound pricey as anything. I have to agree I’m not a fan of new care, the Hondas and Toyotas in Pakistan may look aesthetically pleasing but honestly the are all the same - no character.

That’s why I love old cars, maybe it’s because of the cars my grandfather and father drove, who knows.

And yes I’ve seen those Cuban cars, amazing 🤩.
Yeah, old car is not just a car, it's a passion, it's a personality, it's that right amount of gas couple with the clutch that make it go (You will know if you drove any old car before) and it's not just a car, it's your friend, it's your family.

New car is more or less like a stuff that you have, I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't like to walk 11 miles to get to the nearest shop like the next guy, but that is just what new car do, they take you from A to B, it's like a credit card, you need it when you pay for something, and when you don't need it, it sit in your wallet and in its own world and won't see the light of day.

Man, all these talk make me want to go get an old car myself, well, it's hard to talk over wifey to do that...lol

Original is 2200 cc petrol with 60 hp.
In pakistan, they usually put 2.0Ds 2-C engine which is 2000 cc diesel with 73 Hp. Or the 2L/2L- TE engine. There is also a Nissan 2200 cc disesel engine. Hopefully an engine without modifying engine mounts.

engines.jpg

"No va" means it does not go. Nova per se, does not mean anything in spanish language. (Native speaker)
dude, that was a joke here, people joke that Nova is No Go (va is third person of "ir") to make fun of the car. I am a Native Spanish speaker too.

Last edited:
In late 90's Rangers had Suzuki Vitara. DG Rangers son was a friend. We took Vitara with driver out of Lahore, then test drove it. It had a 1.6 L engine in petrol. We thought it was comparable to VTi's and GLi's 1.6 so pushed it really hard. The final verdict was, it sucked.

Hyundai Elantra is fine, i kept her in top condition.

The CIVIC has these issues.
  1. Oil leak from front engine left driver side CV SEAL/Front engine seals
  2. Sunroof not working
  3. Hand brake handle cracked
  4. Windscreen washer lid missing
  5. Headlights faded
  6. Driver side window slow motion even after WD-40 spraying
  7. Backlight of dash not operating
  8. Bearing noise
  9. Probably need to get engine mounts checked as is the problem with reborn and rebirths (8th and 9th gens)
Need to get plugs and air filter changed.

This is the 2.0 L top of the line variant. 2,30,000 Km driven. 155 Bhp.
Interior is dirty (considering my standard). Need to get washed, cleaned, detailed, buffed.

Interesting, my observation about Honda is similar. Haha, let me share my opinion:

I am also located in Australia, and happen to have some interesting observation about corolla vs civic. I lived with older model corollas & civics up close. I used to own toyota and my friend had a honda. Hell lot of a difference in durability. I believe it is only Toyota which designs cars for 2 decades. Every other car brand prioritises something else while trying to sell it below toyota's price point, resulting in poor quality. Toyota has economies of scale + highest sticker price(jap cars) in every category. Hence you can imagine toyota affords to install much better parts than competition. I believe their cars are much better in durability and I'm speaking with experience.

Things I noticed when I compared my old beater 2003 Corolla with a friends 2003 Civic. Both nearing 250,000Kms.

Suspension - Toyota is still mint, Honda is stiff and bad. Go kart feeling on honda.

Interior & plastic parts - Toyota interior is simple or bland but everything still works, may it be a little squeaky with time - Honda offered 2 tone interior, looked more premium when new but not durable... steering wheel ring softened with sunlight heat and is bendable by hands, flimsy feeling. Handle to open driver door broke off in hand while opening door. Rear door handle broke off in hand while a passenger tried opening the door that was locked. Driver side power window switch assembly broke off and came in hand while pressing up button.

Engine - both have durable engines, toyota parts cost less to replace, last as long or longer.

Steering - Toyota has more rugged CV joints, less issues.

Braking - Honda has better road grip, rest braking is same on both

Comfort - Toyota is more comfortable to get in & out of, something which is noticeable in a daily. There are benchmarks in a toyota design which are very helpful for designing an allrounder car. The seat height vs your hip height. The distance of seat from the door/ width of door sill. You fall or drop into the seat of a Honda. You slide into the seat of a toyota. Toyota suspension is softer, less jittery on road corrugations. Seats are more comfortable on Toyota, better posture, good lumbar support. Better overall cabin space. Better outside visibility, thinner pillars, less blind spots.

Transmission - Toyotas have more rugged automatic transmission than Hondas. They last longer, can take more beating without maintenance.

Gearing - Toyotas are geared for acceleration, Honda is geared for more top speed. Toyota needs gear change sooner but may offer more acceleration than a comparable model civic. Short vs Tall gears. Civics are slightly better highway cruisers as a result, quieter engine on highway speeds

Fuel mileage - Corollas are more fuel efficient than comparable civic models.

Features - Civic usually offers more features in a comparable model corolla. It comes slightly better equipped. To have same features in Toyota you will have to dish more money.

Hence, if buying 12+ year old car, don't consider any brand but Toyota.

Last edited:
Hence, if buying 12+ year old car, don't consider any brand but Toyota.
Your analysis is spot on but you do know that cars have gone expensive in NSW due to supply/demand issues. I didn't want to buy a 2006 Civic for $11k driven above 150k km. The median price was $8.5k for crappy specimens. Another was selling 2006 Civic 22k km driven only for not less than $13k. Toyotas were more expensive, as they always are. they have good resale. So add $1k extra for Toyota for all civic models. I had calculated my commute to be 30 km one way without any highway and just 10% of 80 kmph speed zone, 35% of 70 kmph speed zone and all the rest was either 60 kmph or 50 kmph. This meant standing in traffic for one hour each way. So I was travelling 60 km each day for commute and staying 2 hours in traffic. The only corolla that I was getting less than $10k had manual windows, rest were above $11k in better condition. So either I dished out $10k or above upfront and then spent gradually on it for up coming issues here and there or I bought a cheaper car with few more issues but a car that runs. So I got this civic way cheaper than $10k that runs and I travel 60 km everyday without any issues. If i sort out its issues I mentioned before then i would have spent roughly $9-10k in total including buying price. I had to compromise on engine, I wanted 1.8, but 2.0 is fine though I do try to squeeze as many kms out of it as I can through sensible driving. Sydney is hilly so revving up on roads is effortless with it on the northern side.

In terms of acceleration as well as top speed I will beg to differ, I find Civic ahead of Corolla in both. By the way have you noticed way too many Civicc (2006-2012) on the roads in Australia. I have noticed it however there are more newer model corollas (Hatch) on the roads too than Civics, probably coz of of hybrid tech.

Coming to Corolla. I was thinking to buy the sedan hybrid as i compared it with other hybrids like Camry and IONIQ, then moving towards Kia Niro, Rav 4 and for 7 seaters even Kluger and Kia Sorento, all in hybrids. I also liked Hyundai Accent sedan 1.6L with 140 bhp as it was better than 1.4L, engine wise. The 2.0L Elantra 2016 gave me good mileage too. Infact I researched Hyundai and Kia engines which were made after 2015/16 and found that Hyundai/Kia cars and engines had improved dramatically in 2016+ models. I didnt like Hyundai or Kia before that and many friends stopped me from buying Elantra but I went ahead based on my research and found it was worth it.

New Accent was priced at $17k as driveaway in 2017/18 and now same used Accent driven above 80k km are being offered at $17k. I found Picanto the cheapest as newest vehicle barring Suzuki cars. The rest of new stock is above $25k. Cars have definitely gone expensive and so has fuel. I preferred Accent or Elantra over it, but practically Corolla hybrid sedan seems a sensible option. I was even going for top of the line Kia Cerato in 2019 but gave up the idea. I never liked Corolla but I am thinking that after initial running I could hand over my Corolla to a friend who drives Uber on weekends and make some money to pay off my monthly expenses of the car. With 120 bhp, its suitable for suburban driving or short trips. Petrol isnt getting cheaper anyway. I drove Ford Falcon a lot, its comfortable, engine is bigger, car is responsive but again the fuel factor.

In terms of SUV, I had been looking around. Palisade seemed a good option in diesel, so did Sorento but now Sorento comes in Hybrid and thats where I clash between Kluger and Sorento coz previously I didnt like Kluger coz of V6 petrol engine and I did drive one for sometime and I think it's fuel thirsty with 3.5 V6. I leaned towards Prado also as I think Prado with 2.8 diesel is good for off roading too which Kluger, Sorento or Palisade may not catch up. Prado is durable too, I can still see '96 and up Prado in Australia as well as in Pakistan, they just keep going. I am not a fan of Mazda CX-9 though Mazdas are never cheap and their quality is good along with lovely interior. Nissan X-trail and Pathfinder are options I still need to look in to. I liked the boxy shape of Pathfinder. I can now see Haval coming on the roads. I like the ground clearance of Fortuner, Isuzu Mux and Ford Everest.

Your analysis is spot on but you do know that cars have gone expensive in NSW due to supply/demand issues. I didn't want to buy a 2006 Civic for $11k driven above 150k km. The median price was $8.5k for crappy specimens. Another was selling 2006 Civic 22k km driven only for not less than $13k. Toyotas were more expensive, as they always are. they have good resale. So add $1k extra for Toyota for all civic models. I had calculated my commute to be 30 km one way without any highway and just 10% of 80 kmph speed zone, 35% of 70 kmph speed zone and all the rest was either 60 kmph or 50 kmph. This meant standing in traffic for one hour each way. So I was travelling 60 km each day for commute and staying 2 hours in traffic. The only corolla that I was getting less than $10k had manual windows, rest were above $11k in better condition. So either I dished out $10k or above upfront and then spent gradually on it for up coming issues here and there or I bought a cheaper car with few more issues but a car that runs. So I got this civic way cheaper than $10k that runs and I travel 60 km everyday without any issues. If i sort out its issues I mentioned before then i would have spent roughly $9-10k in total including buying price. I had to compromise on engine, I wanted 1.8, but 2.0 is fine though I do try to squeeze as many kms out of it as I can through sensible driving. Sydney is hilly so revving up on roads is effortless with it on the northern side.

In terms of acceleration as well as top speed I will beg to differ, I find Civic ahead of Corolla in both. By the way have you noticed way too many Civicc (2006-2012) on the roads in Australia. I have noticed it however there are more newer model corollas (Hatch) on the roads too than Civics, probably coz of of hybrid tech.

Coming to Corolla. I was thinking to buy the sedan hybrid as i compared it with other hybrids like Camry and IONIQ, then moving towards Kia Niro, Rav 4 and for 7 seaters even Kluger and Kia Sorento, all in hybrids. I also liked Hyundai Accent sedan 1.6L with 140 bhp as it was better than 1.4L, engine wise. The 2.0L Elantra 2016 gave me good mileage too. Infact I researched Hyundai and Kia engines which were made after 2015/16 and found that Hyundai/Kia cars and engines had improved dramatically in 2016+ models. I didnt like Hyundai or Kia before that and many friends stopped me from buying Elantra but I went ahead based on my research and found it was worth it.

New Accent was priced at $17k as driveaway in 2017/18 and now same used Accent driven above 80k km are being offered at $17k. I found Picanto the cheapest as newest vehicle barring Suzuki cars. The rest of new stock is above $25k. Cars have definitely gone expensive and so has fuel. I preferred Accent or Elantra over it, but practically Corolla hybrid sedan seems a sensible option. I was even going for top of the line Kia Cerato in 2019 but gave up the idea. I never liked Corolla but I am thinking that after initial running I could hand over my Corolla to a friend who drives Uber on weekends and make some money to pay off my monthly expenses of the car. With 120 bhp, its suitable for suburban driving or short trips. Petrol isnt getting cheaper anyway. I drove Ford Falcon a lot, its comfortable, engine is bigger, car is responsive but again the fuel factor.

In terms of SUV, I had been looking around. Palisade seemed a good option in diesel, so did Sorento but now Sorento comes in Hybrid and thats where I clash between Kluger and Sorento coz previously I didnt like Kluger coz of V6 petrol engine and I did drive one for sometime and I think it's fuel thirsty with 3.5 V6. I leaned towards Prado also as I think Prado with 2.8 diesel is good for off roading too which Kluger, Sorento or Palisade may not catch up. Prado is durable too, I can still see '96 and up Prado in Australia as well as in Pakistan, they just keep going. I am not a fan of Mazda CX-9 though Mazdas are never cheap and their quality is good along with lovely interior. Nissan X-trail and Pathfinder are options I still need to look in to. I liked the boxy shape of Pathfinder. I can now see Haval coming on the roads. I like the ground clearance of Fortuner, Isuzu Mux and Ford Everest.

Yes my comment about honda acceleration was specific to 2003 vs 2003 model in Australia. Where corolla is 1.8 Ltr. 100KW & 134bhp and Honda is 1.7 Ltr, 88KW & 118 bhp in year 2003. I drove both and found corolla had more acceleration than my friends civic. But yes after the year 2003 & model E120/E130 toyota didn't increase corolla's bhp until recently in year 2018 - the E210 model! Toyota limited corolla's BHP to 100KW from 2002-2018! Hence after E130, the model E150 and E170 had the same power figure! You can literally smoke a 2017 corolla with a 2002 corolla as they have same power figures, despite being 15 years apart! Whereas Honda did increase its power band in its next generations.

Anyways, coming to prices! They have gone crazy! Toyota cars aren't even available brand new. The ones that are available, the price is extremely high. 40ks for corolla, whereas 40ks you used to get a well loaded camry! Prado is a solid choice if you are looking for an SUV but beware once you start your hunt you will usually find them all high mileage. All having tow bar (so used for towing) and all still exuberantly expensive! The resale on those things is very high! Cabin space inside prado is also not that good as compared to other similar sized SUVs however it isnt bad. You can't go wrong with prado. But finding one with reasonable miles, maintenance history and reasonable price would be a challenge. I suggest go and hunt for one that's listed in regional areas. A friend of mine has had considerable luck finding reliable, like new cars from regional areas at 5-7ks less price than the market. Often people living at country side are quite rich and own 3-4 cars. You can get lucky with finding a good deal there.

Personally I won't suggest any nissan product specially pathfinder. Read up on its automictic transmission fiasco. Beware of troubled transmission years. Newer models should be fine though. But I read Nissan company is financially struggling and a lot of people are not very confident and assume that they are cutting corners.

Watched this video just now.........

Feel really bad for average Russian......

Car Price he tested
Lexus ES 200 - USD 66,000 in Russia USD 30,000 in Australia.
Lexus NX 250 - USD 150,000 in Russia USD 48,000 in Australia.
Toyota Rav 4 - USD 65,000 in Russia USD 43,000 in Australia.
Toyota Hilux - USD 100,000 in Russia USD 60,000 in Australia.
Toyota Prado - USD 130,000 in Russia USD 60,000 in Australia.
Toyota Landcruiser 300 - USD 240,000 in Russia USD 108,000 in Australia
Toyota Fortuna - USD 60,000 in Russia USD 56,000 in Australia
Renault Duster - USD 30,000 in Russia USD 19,000 in US (Australia did not have this range)
Renault Arkana - USD 35,000 in Russia USD 30,000 in Australia (Import)
Nissan Pathfinder - USD 150,000 in Russia USD 31,000-53,000 in Australia
Audi Q8 - USD in Russia USD 91,000 in Australia
Audi Q5 - USD in Russia USD 70,000 in Australia
Mazda CX-9 - USD 110,000 in Russia USD 57,000 in Australia
Mazda CX-5 - USD 55,000 in Russia USD 35,000 in Australia
Mazda 6 - USD 55,000 in Russia USD 33,000 in Australia
Hyundai Sante Fe - USD 92,000 in Russia USD 50,000 in Australia
Hyundai Palisade - USD 120,000 in Russia USD 60,000 in Australia (8 seats version)
Hyundai Tucson - USD in Russia USD 35,000 in Australia
Mitsubishi L200 - USD 64,000 in Russia USD 21,000 in Australia
Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - USD 90,000 in Russia USD 31,000 in Australia
Mitsubishi Outlander - USD 90,000 in Russia USD 31,000 in Australia
Geely Atlas Pro - USD 40,000 in Russia USD 17,000 in US (Australia did not have this range)

Yes my comment about honda acceleration was specific to 2003 vs 2003 model in Australia. Where corolla is 1.8 Ltr. 100KW & 134bhp and Honda is 1.7 Ltr, 88KW & 118 bhp in year 2003. I drove both and found corolla had more acceleration than my friends civic. But yes after the year 2003 & model E120/E130 toyota didn't increase corolla's bhp until recently in year 2018 - the E210 model! Toyota limited corolla's BHP to 100KW from 2002-2018! Hence after E130, the model E150 and E170 had the same power figure! You can literally smoke a 2017 corolla with a 2002 corolla as they have same power figures, despite being 15 years apart! Whereas Honda did increase its power band in its next generations.

Anyways, coming to prices! They have gone crazy! Toyota cars aren't even available brand new. The ones that are available, the price is extremely high. 40ks for corolla, whereas 40ks you used to get a well loaded camry! Prado is a solid choice if you are looking for an SUV but beware once you start your hunt you will usually find them all high mileage. All having tow bar (so used for towing) and all still exuberantly expensive! The resale on those things is very high! Cabin space inside prado is also not that good as compared to other similar sized SUVs however it isnt bad. You can't go wrong with prado. But finding one with reasonable miles, maintenance history and reasonable price would be a challenge. I suggest go and hunt for one that's listed in regional areas. A friend of mine has had considerable luck finding reliable, like new cars from regional areas at 5-7ks less price than the market. Often people living at country side are quite rich and own 3-4 cars. You can get lucky with finding a good deal there.

Personally I won't suggest any nissan product specially pathfinder. Read up on its automictic transmission fiasco. Beware of troubled transmission years. Newer models should be fine though. But I read Nissan company is financially struggling and a lot of people are not very confident and assume that they are cutting corners.

The trick with 2001-2003 (cat eyes) and 2004-2006 (eagle eyes ) civic was to drive in D3 for acceleration :-) The braking somehow became better too. Still yeah catching up to 134 bhp was not possible.

In Pakistan, when XLi first came out. It had 95 Bhp where as the next gen had 85 bhp with 1.3 L engines both in XLi and GLi while City's 1.3 Bhp had jumped up to 95 in next model so City had become faster than Corolla where as people attributed this to Corolla's weight wrongly. Back then XLi's brakes were an issue and when Army was given XLi as staff cars, the drivers started complaining on brakes issue. I tested XLi thoroughly of course haha, never had an accident on it though drove it like crazy. Now SE Saloon was different thing. I sat in it and felt the comfort for the first time in 2003+ model Corolla. The brakes were good. It failed in Pakistan coz it couldn't run on CNG. ALtis's brakes were even better for that model. It was at this time that Eagle eyes broke Corolla's market. Later Reborn came and at first people were apprehensive of 1800 cc engine but it took over after 2007 and Corolla's GLi became famous coz of powered windows though ABS was introduced later in GLi while its 1300 was economical though still lesser than City's 1.3. Lancer was comfortable than both but never gained a solid foothold. After 2005, due to CNG, 2.0Ds market was broken. The 2.0D saloons that were standing in peoples home, were just taken out on long trips. It was a trend back then to keep a bigger Corolla like XLi, GLi or 2.0D with a smaller every day runner car or older model of corolla/mehran/alto/Margalla/khyber. Diesel had jumped up from Rs 10 and petrol was gearing above Rs 35 in early 2000's around 2002-3. At that time, 2.0D was a trend and if you drove it on a long route, then you were practically driving free at Rs 10/Liter and awesome economy that the car gave.

In Australia, it was 1.8 for Corolla while 1.7 for Civic so not much variety. I bought my Elantra from country side in Australia so I got the car cheaper. When I arrived in Australia, buying a demo car was gold pot, low Kms, newer shape/model, priced to sell. The trend that driving a brand new out of dealership broke the price immediately, pushed me also towards low km second hand cars which were always in good condition. While competing between Camry 2010, Accord Euro, and Maxima 2011, I was stunned when I sat in Maxima (called Teana in rest of world, the J32). I wanted Euro badly, it was sporty but Maxima had so many features and it was way more comfortable than Camry or Accord. I bought it with low kms. It was gentle on highways and I was a fan of Nissan GTR but I realized then that Pakistani mechanics have played havoc with Nissans in Pakistan and were instrumental in breaking its market to zero. As Altima came out, I sold Maxima. I never had a problem once with Maxima.

This reborn is probably the last car Im buying second hand. I wanted a car without lease as daily commuter so the Civic sits in garage now. The next ones, even the SUV would be through lease. There are just so many Prados on roads here, newer models. Mostly Arab aunties driving them with kids screaming in back seats.

I just didnt have the guts to take Fortuner off road in Pakistan. I did drive easily through flooded underpasses in monsoon and the broken roads, but to think of taking it into mud and dunes, I just couldnt. I remember once driving Fortuner through a flooded road and a guy in Bolan started honking at me. It was then I realized that as I was cruising in flooded water, I was creating strong ripples, I slowed down at once, Fortuner was effortless to drive.
I was always reminded of RKR. I think thats coz I had seen and experienced RKR in exercise areas and through fields and mud tracks and sands and mountains. The CJs were retiring back then so couldn't get same experience though I think CJs are cheaper and more fun to tweak.

Last edited:
The trick with 2001-2003 (cat eyes) and 2004-2006 (eagle eyes ) civic was to drive in D3 for acceleration :-) The braking somehow became better too. Still yeah catching up to 134 bhp was not possible.

In Pakistan, when XLi first came out. It had 95 Bhp where as the next gen had 85 bhp with 1.3 L engines both in XLi and GLi while City's 1.3 Bhp had jumped up to 95 in next model so City had become faster than Corolla where as people attributed this to Corolla's weight wrongly. Back then XLi's brakes were an issue and when Army was given XLi as staff cars, the drivers started complaining on brakes issue. I tested XLi thoroughly of course haha, never had an accident on it though drove it like crazy. Now SE Saloon was different thing. I sat in it and felt the comfort for the first time in 2003+ model Corolla. The brakes were good. It failed in Pakistan coz it couldn't run on CNG. ALtis's brakes were even better for that model. It was at this time that Eagle eyes broke Corolla's market. Later Reborn came and at first people were apprehensive of 1800 cc engine but it took over after 2007 and Corolla's GLi became famous coz of powered windows though ABS was introduced later in GLi while its 1300 was economical though still lesser than City's 1.3. Lancer was comfortable than both but never gained a solid foothold. After 2005, due to CNG, 2.0Ds market was broken. The 2.0D saloons that were standing in peoples home, were just taken out on long trips. It was a trend back then to keep a bigger Corolla like XLi, GLi or 2.0D with a smaller every day runner car or older model of corolla/mehran/alto/Margalla/khyber. Diesel had jumped up from Rs 10 and petrol was gearing above Rs 35 in early 2000's around 2002-3. At that time, 2.0D was a trend and if you drove it on a long route, then you were practically driving free at Rs 10/Liter and awesome economy that the car gave.

In Australia, it was 1.8 for Corolla while 1.7 for Civic so not much variety. I bought my Elantra from country side in Australia so I got the car cheaper. When I arrived in Australia, buying a demo car was gold pot, low Kms, newer shape/model, priced to sell. The trend that driving a brand new out of dealership broke the price immediately, pushed me also towards low km second hand cars which were always in good condition. While competing between Camry 2010, Accord Euro, and Maxima 2011, I was stunned when I sat in Maxima (called Teana in rest of world, the J32). I wanted Euro badly, it was sporty but Maxima had so many features and it was way more comfortable than Camry or Accord. I bought it with low kms. It was gentle on highways and I was a fan of Nissan GTR but I realized then that Pakistani mechanics have played havoc with Nissans in Pakistan and were instrumental in breaking its market to zero. As Altima came out, I sold Maxima. I never had a problem once with Maxima.

This reborn is probably the last car Im buying second hand. I wanted a car without lease as daily commuter so the Civic sits in garage now. The next ones, even the SUV would be through lease. There are just so many Prados on roads here, newer models. Mostly Arab aunties driving them with kids screaming in back seats.

I just didnt have the guts to take Fortuner off road in Pakistan. I did drive easily through flooded underpasses in monsoon and the broken roads, but to think of taking it into mud and dunes, I just couldnt. I remember once driving Fortuner through a flooded road and a guy in Bolan started honking at me. It was then I realized that as I was cruising in flooded water, I was creating strong ripples, I slowed down at once, Fortuner was effortless to drive.
I was always reminded of RKR. I think thats coz I had seen and experienced RKR in exercise areas and through fields and mud tracks and sands and mountains. The CJs were retiring back then so couldn't get same experience though I think CJs are cheaper and more fun to tweak.

We have to move this discussion to Pakwheels though! 😂

Agree with everything u've said. I love nissan's luxury, but am afraid of their issues. I think a lot of cars do have manufacturing faults. But the ones sold less end up getting more slack.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom