What's new

I am not feeling good [Just had another break down]

Thanks a lot for the good words. You’ve put a lot of time into this post. I came to conclusion that I have a really weird type of depression. I don’t feel bad all the time but I most of the time I am demotivated, uninterested, and very pathetic to life in general. Everything in life feels so dull, so boring, so colorless.

I think the way to solve it is to bring more meaning into my life. Like doing a fair more activities and hobbies. Most important of them all is become more better Muslim.

The environment that I am living within doesnt breed jubilance. I need to get far away as possible the place where I am currently living. Perhaps a Shift towards the Gulf countries, Turkey, France, etc.
First thing first have u left that bloody job?

Thanks a lot for the good words. You’ve put a lot of time into this post. I came to conclusion that I have a really weird type of depression. I don’t feel bad all the time but I most of the time I am demotivated, uninterested, and very pathetic to life in general. Everything in life feels so dull, so boring, so colorless.

I think the way to solve it is to bring more meaning into my life. Like doing a fair more activities and hobbies. Most important of them all is become more better Muslim.

The environment that I am living within doesnt breed jubilance. I need to get far away as possible the place where I am currently living. Perhaps a Shift towards the Gulf countries, Turkey, France, etc.

To be honest, changing the place only help you for short period of time. The first thing you need to do is, bring a change in yourself & in your thoughts.
It’s ok to be depressed once in a while for few hrs or a day, maybe. But if it lasts for days, get consultation.

It’s ok we all go through different phases of life. But the real thing is, how we deal with rainy days.

And watch Amanullah’s funny clips on YouTube & im not even kidding. It helps you a lot to uplift your mood.

AND REMEMBER YOU MATTER. YOUR EXISTENCE MATTERS. GOD HAS CREATED YOU FOR A REASON. FIND IT.

First thing first have u left that bloody job?
It is currently 11 PM right now where I am. I was really scared to quit on the spot. I was scheduled to work 3 PM - 10 PM today. And Sunday too same time. Today I showed up. It was really unusual and empty. There was like 10-15 customers until 6 PM. Cheap b*stard told me to go home. I was planning to quit at 8 (rush time). He just told me to go home. I told him in innocent voice “Me apne bill kese ada Karo ga?”. He replied in a snarky tone “Aur tumhe meri karchay ka que Maloom?”.

I couldn’t quit on the spot today. But he expects that I am coming to work tomorrow. I have decided to not show up at all. I blocked his number. He will never know about me again.

It is currently 11 PM right now where I am. I was really scared to quit on the spot. I was scheduled to work 3 PM - 10 PM today. And Sunday too same time. Today I showed up. It was really unusual and empty. There was like 10-15 customers until 6 PM. Cheap b*stard told me to go home. I was planning to quit at 8 (rush time). He just told me to go home. I told him in innocent voice “Me apne bill kese ada Karo ga?”. He replied in a snarky tone “Aur tumhe meri karchay ka que Maloom?”.

I couldn’t quit on the spot today. But he expects that I am coming to work tomorrow. I have decided to not show up at all. I blocked his number. He will never know about me again.
Good leave don't go there and f him
I can't imagine how u managed to work with that azzhole

@Dewaneh If ur depression doesn't stop First u have to admit u need some consultation and people don't admit and don't ever take advise of someone seriously who themselves are usually in depression .
Be positive and consult some professional.

My brother, sorry to hear about the problem you are having.

Depression and life crisis afflicts many Muslims in the US. We are living in a very trying time. A hostile or unfriendly society could add weight to those feelings.

Alhamdulilah we do have a solution in our civilization for this kind of problem of the heart.

I would advise you to read more Quran, especially with tafsir.

If you feel you are the kind of person who needs to spend time with people, you can try to sit with Tabligh Jamat and concentrate on Ibadat for an evening.

If you think it may be a result of Jaddu, evil eye, or possession. You can test it the way @Verve described by reading Quran.

You can also pray 2 rakat nafl and read Istikhara dua afterwards and mention your problem with Allah swt.

Istikhara works for all problems, no matter how big or small.

If you feel like you need professional help, seek out a psychiatrist.

If you need to get away, visit Turkey, Makkah, or Pakistan to get more in touch with your Islamic roots and soil.

Everyone here gave really good advice. In sha Allah, you will get over it soon.

My brother, sorry to hear about the problem you are having.

Depression and life crisis afflicts many Muslims in the US. We are living in a very trying time. A hostile or unfriendly society could add weight to those feelings.

Alhamdulilah we do have a solution in our civilization for this kind of problem of the heart.

I would advise you to read more Quran, especially with tafsir.

If you feel you are the kind of person who needs to spend time with people, you can try to sit with Tabligh Jamat and concentrate on Ibadat for an evening.

If you think it may be a result of Jaddu, evil eye, or possession. You can test it the way @Verve described by reading Quran.

You can also pray 2 rakat nafl and read Istikhara dua afterwards and mention your problem with Allah swt.

Istikhara works for all problems, no matter how big or small.

If you feel like you need professional help, seek out a psychiatrist.

If you need to get away, visit Turkey, Makkah, or Pakistan to get more in touch with your Islamic roots and soil.

Everyone here gave really good advice. In sha Allah, you will get over it soon.
I used to Tabligh Jamat few years back. Few months Before Aug ‘15. I had completely forgotten about it. I felt so good within and after. My whole life was changed when I went last time. Thanks for reminding me. I need to go on Tabligh some time soon. It is long overdue. It must be done.

I used to Tabligh Jamat few years back. Few months Before Aug ‘15. I had completely forgotten about it. I felt so good within and after. My whole life was changed when I went last time. Thanks for reminding me. I need to go on Tabligh some time soon. It is long overdue. It must be done.

I feel the same, my brother.

Us Western Muslims do not have much in the way of our Islamic roots in our lifestyle in our day to day life.

We forget Allah swt often and get sucked into the dunya world.

Sometimes it’s just the nice tranquil moments alone where we remember Allah swt.

A little niche in a masjid... A nice sip of hot tea at home... A simple corner of a neglected garden on a busy street...

shaft-of-light.jpg

Last edited:
Taking part in some activity; sport/adventure will definitely help. I prefer riding bike, at speed, make me feel more connected with myself, also teach me how important is life, one mistake and it's all over.

I feel the same, my brother.

Us Western Muslims do not have much in the way of our Islamic roots in our lifestyle in our day to day life.

We forget Allah swt often and get sucked into the dunya world.

Sometimes it’s just the nice tranquil moments alone where we remember Allah swt.

A little niche in a masjid... A nice sip of hot tea at home... A simple corner of a neglected garden on a busy street...
Some laté or two with somebody. Open air restaurant by the pier or mountaintop above cityscape. I have been getting a lot of Food craving, but I’m thinking about starting to fast 3 or 4 days a week to develope resistance

Taking part in some activity; sport/adventure will definitely help. I prefer riding bike, at speed, make me feel more connected with myself, also teach me how important is life, one mistake and it's all over.
Bicycling is a huge activity that I look forward to doing. It is extremely healthy and tones Lower body muscles. Taking it out to the hills is a popular activity here. It’s challenging and enjoyable.

Some laté or two with somebody. Open air restaurant by the pier or mountaintop above cityscape. I have been getting a lot of Food craving, but I’m thinking about starting to fast 3 or 4 days a week to develope resistance

Sounds like Monal Restaurant on Margilla Hills, Islamabad or Cuckoo’s Den overlooking Badshahi Masjid.

Ma sha Allah, such great memories.

Bicycling is a huge activity that I look forward to doing. It is extremely healthy and tones Lower body muscles. Taking it out to the hills is a popular activity here. It’s challenging and enjoyable.
cycling is also good, but i was referring to motor cycling.

Sounds like Monal Restaurant on Margilla Hills, Islamabad or Cuckoo’s Den overlooking Badshahi Masjid.

Ma sha Allah, such great memories.
No similar restaurant exists in America. Unfortunately. I have never visited Islamabad nor Lahore. I am yearning for a French/European, Middle Eastern migration.

mate depression is fked up! and not having someone to talk about lifes problem makes is difficult! what i can advice you is dont lose hope ,hope is the only thing that will keep you fighting and eventually overcome all your difficulties! insha Allah!

Back
Top Bottom