What's new

I am learning Urdu(Nastaliq script)

Because There is no R sound in Sanskrit. Just like There is no Z sound in Sanskrit so you guys always sey Jour laga ker instead of Zour laga ker. As You replace Z sound with J sound.

We have separate symbols for Kh(Khuda), Q, Z,F, Gh(Ghazal) in Devanagari Script but use of it is optional and we can pronounce them in both ways in Hindi.

We also have separate symbols for your R but will write it as D in Roman script because its pronunciation resembles between R or D. And we also have a separate symbol to pronounce Ball as Ball and College as college and not as Baal or Caalej.

Because There is no R sound in Sanskrit. Just like There is no Z sound in Sanskrit so you guys always sey Jour laga ker instead of Zour laga ker. As You replace Z sound with J sound.
in Hindi, they put a "." below the "da" to achieve what You are pointing to. but, I lol at "jaroor" "jindabad" when written in hinglish but, they speak as "zaroor,zindabad".. ie, they can imagine the word ja only not "za" for eg.

South Indians(except Tamil script) can understand the pronunciation issue because, "Zaroorat" is "Zaroorat" if written in South Indian languages not "Jaroorat"(with dot below ja). it is easy spotting native hindi/marathi(or other devnagari similar scripts) speakers because of the use of ja for za when writing in hinglish. ;)

Both have origins from Khariboli dialect of Delhi and Uttar Pradesh but it was the vocabulary and script issues to be used for literature that caused two language to separate, spoken Hindi or Urdu are still common. Muslims had patronage for Persian-Arabic vocabulary and Arabic script, Hindus had patronage for Sanskrit based vocabulary and Devanagari Script and since consensus could not be reached two languages separated.

You said 'khariboli dialect'- dialect of some other language?

You said 'khariboli dialect'- dialect of some other language?

Its not a separate language. Its a common dialect on both Hindi and Urdu is based. Khariboli literally means "Pure Language". Hindi has numerous dialect like your own Bengali language and Khariboli of Delhi and Western Uttar Pradesh is the standard for Hindi and Urdu.

Its not a separate language. Its a common dialect on both Hindi and Urdu is based. Khariboli literally means "Pure Language". Hindi has numerous dialect like your own Bengali language and Khariboli of Delhi and Western Uttar Pradesh is the standard for Hindi and Urdu.

why r u so sure wat is ur source?

P.S: No offense plz M just curious bcz I have read a little different story which I have already mentioned in my previous post.

why r u so sure wat is ur source?

P.S: No offense plz M just curious bcz I have read a little different story which I have already mentioned in my previous post.

I am from North India buddy which we call as Hindi-Heartland or Hindi-Belt( 9 states and Delhi), how would I don't know things about my own land. You have curiosity I can answer all that.

Since, I also learned Sanskrit in my school days, it also know that which word has Sanskrit Origin. (Like you say Putar in Punjabi its origin is Putra in Sanskrit.)

Main difference in learning Hindi and Urdu is the concept of letters. In Urdu Letters are need to be combined to make a sound. In Hindi I think there is one letter for a sound like BA MA GA PA DA DI DOO MOO MI

Wrong, Hindi has the concept of consonants and vowels. You combine them to make these sounds, the base is the consonant and the vowel imparts the required sound. The difference with English is that when you combine them you write symbols that represent the vowels as opposed to writing the letter itself. The following video should explain it, the first row has the vowels, the second row has the corresponding symbols and the rest of the rows show how they are applied on the consonants. This is true for most north Indian languages if not all, not sure about the south Indian languages though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I have written 'Main Bharat ka rahne vala hoon'.Is it right?Please tell me.
What mistakes have i done if any?

مَےن بهارَط کا رَحَنے والا حَون

Itni der se wait kar raha hun,koi to bata do yaar(jise nastaliq aati ho).

Guys I have written 'Main Bharat ka rahne vala hoon'.Is it right?Please tell me.
What mistakes have i done if any?

مَےن بهارَط کا رَحَنے والا حَون

میں بھارت کا رہنے والا ہوں

I tried to compare what i had written to that of loveicon but couldn't make head or tail of it:unsure:.could someone please tell me the alphabet composition of each word of the sentence?
Tumhare paas samay ho to bata dena varna main khud hi kuchh jugat bhiraunga.

میں بھارت کا رہنے وا لا ہوں

م ی ں ب ھ ا رت ک ا رہ نے وا ل ا ہ وں

میں بھارت کا رہنے وا لا ہوں

م ی ں ب ھ ا رت ک ا رہ نے وا ل ا ہ وں

Hey why isn't there zabar over ر in ب ھ ا رت .
Loveicon bhai to offline hain.Koi aur bata do.

Hey happinessmark,maybe you can help me.

Back
Top Bottom