How people perceive and think about ties with India

BanglaBhoot

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
France
The Independent-RDC Public Poll-3

STAFF REPORTER

The Independent, in collaboration with the Research and Development Center, has commissioned a continuing programme of opinion surveys in Bangladesh to determine what the adult public thinks of important contemporary issue. We have designed this exercise to be the most comprehensive survey of what the common citizen feels about vital matters in the public life of our country. The survey will also track key social and economic trends at the household and individual level.

The Independent and RDC Public Poll surveys will often offer a surprise and contrast to the views and reportage of the existing state of information offered by the mainstream media. Indeed, the very purpose of these surveys is to try and reveal the possible and potential gap between presumed and actual realities of public opinion. Overall, our surveys will provide a richer context for public understanding as well as understanding the public in Bangladesh.

The Independent-RDC Public Poll 3 specifically looked at our bilateral ties with neighbouring India. As expected, the opinion was sharply polarized on the issue; but overall those who were well-disposed towards India formed a thin majority.

:: The Daily Independent Bangladesh :.. Internet Edition

Isha Khan commented to me -

If a political analyst or commentator had informed me that most people in Bangladesh are well disposed to India and that New Delhi had good intentions towards this country I would assume that he was recently released from Pabna lunatic asylum or was a paid agent of RAW or was a die-hard Awami Leaguer. To my utter surprise an apparently respectable (but unknown) organization (Research and Development Centre) had conducted a survey amongst (presumably sane) Bangladeshis asking them their impression about India’s attitude towards Bangladesh. A staggering 45% of those surveyed apparently believed that India had a good disposition towards the country while a minority (35%) believed that it did not and 19% did not know. The terms of reference of the survey were not revealed or who the sponsors of this Research and Development Centre were or how the survey was conducted. I can only assume that the survey had been done in areas with a large proportion of Indian and AL constituents (possible in and around the Indian High Commission) or that like the 2008 elections it had been hijacked by Indian agents and their local stooges. Fortunately The Independent saved us from embarrassment by emphasizing that the survey only showed a ‘thin majority’ who believed India was friendly towards Bangladesh.

well it will be good for BD to eliminate hardcore groups from its souls and let the nation will grow and become a strong and happy nation not like any fail nation

well it will be good for BD to eliminate hardcore groups from its souls and let the nation will grow and become a strong and happy nation not like any fail nation

Slum dwellers defining the success of nations.:woot:

yes we have millions of slum dwellers in our country. but last time i checked we were the second fastest growing nation and the number of slum dwellers were decreasing at a good pace. so yeah, we know how to define success.

now i can slam your country back, but then that would be stooping to your level.

Slums are our own and they are our people, why should you have problem with that. They are also human being, respect them, if not as Indian then at least as human.

At least they are not burning their own cities into ashes, isn't it?

Atleast we dont live in caves like the tribals in your northwest. Nor do we have millions living in refugee camps.

Our percapita GDP is more that yours despite having such a large population. Shows who the slum dweller is :bunny:

The Independent-RDC Public Poll-3

STAFF REPORTER

The Independent, in collaboration with the Research and Development Center, has commissioned a continuing programme of opinion surveys in Bangladesh to determine what the adult public thinks of important contemporary issue. We have designed this exercise to be the most comprehensive survey of what the common citizen feels about vital matters in the public life of our country. The survey will also track key social and economic trends at the household and individual level.

The Independent and RDC Public Poll surveys will often offer a surprise and contrast to the views and reportage of the existing state of information offered by the mainstream media. Indeed, the very purpose of these surveys is to try and reveal the possible and potential gap between presumed and actual realities of public opinion. Overall, our surveys will provide a richer context for public understanding as well as understanding the public in Bangladesh.

The Independent-RDC Public Poll 3 specifically looked at our bilateral ties with neighbouring India. As expected, the opinion was sharply polarized on the issue; but overall those who were well-disposed towards India formed a thin majority.

:: The Daily Independent Bangladesh :.. Internet Edition

Where did this survey took place? La-hasina's village or something??? :coffee:

Hey munshi bhai
Why are you posting this BS bro???

Don't tell me, you have devoloped some weakness for bharat......:lol::rofl:

Where did this survey took place? La-hasina's village or something??? :coffee:

Hey munshi bhai
Why are you posting this BS bro???

Don't tell me, you have devoloped some weakness for bharat......:lol::rofl:

Well now you understand that an Al-Zakir and an Idune doesnt represent the entire Bangladeshis :cheers:

Well now you understand that an Al-Zakir and an Idune doesnt represent the entire Bangladeshis :cheers:

desiman said:
maybe he actually uses his brain unlike many here

Yeah sure and that is guy wrote Indian doctrine. I bet he is mocking Bharatis.....:lol::rofl:

No one would believe this cooked up survey. It's either by some awami dalal or bharati pay agency......:coffee:

No one would believe this cooked up survey.

you as a blind India hater will not....I would because the article provides a source much more believable than you as an individual.

It's either by some awami dalal or bharati pay agency......:coffee:

Prove it.
Or atleast show us a survey done by your favourite party and enlighten us.:pop:

Back
Top Bottom