What's new

How many uzbeks fighters are in TTP?

yeah if the qaid knew the kind of mischief that would amount to he would today repeal that agreement. no sovereign nation will accept a no go zone in today's world. time is up for tribal traditions. any more terrorist attacks traced back to tribal areas must be treated as national security threat of highest order, we have a very large army full of brave jawans who can kick uzbeks and arabs out any day if order is given. so far it has been a half-hearted fight.

yeah if the qaid knew the kind of mischief that would amount to he would today repeal that agreement. no sovereign nation will accept a no go zone in today's world. time is up for tribal traditions. any more terrorist attacks traced back to tribal areas must be treated as national security threat of highest order, we have a very large army full of brave jawans who can kick uzbeks and arabs out any day if order is given. so far it has been a half-hearted fight.

With love and sweet words you can persuade a pashtun to go to hell, but by force you can not take him even to heaven !

and which uzbek is the pashtun? nothing but a big boot up his rear end for any uzbek or any other foreigner - be it chechen or arab. pashtun society is the one that has borne the brunt of this usage of tribal areas as strategic buffer full of armed men. sometimes i find it hard to believe the same group of people produce the most progressive people in pakistan wali khan/ bacha khan and also the mehsud and bhittani garbage.

and which uzbek is the pashtun? nothing but a big boot up his rear end for any uzbek or any other foreigner - be it chechen or arab. pashtun society is the one that has borne the brunt of this usage of tribal areas as strategic buffer full of armed men. sometimes i find it hard to believe the same group of people produce the most progressive people in pakistan wali khan/ bacha khan and also the mehsud and bhittani garbage.

I believe all tribal agencies should not be urbanized as we will lose a cultural tradition. Working on peace and security, will calm things down. Tribals aren't the ones picking up fights or wars, they are tired of it and want to get on with their lives. If any of them wish to move and live in urban areas, they can do so and have done so in the past. I believe there always will be space for our tribal belt to be relevant in the modern society.

I believe all tribal agencies should not be urbanized as we will lose a cultural tradition. Working on peace and security, will calm things down. Tribals aren't the ones picking up fights or wars, they are tired of it and want to get on with their lives. If any of them wish to move and live in urban areas, they can do so and have done so in the past. I believe there always will be space for our tribal belt to be relevant in the modern society.

i dont mean urbanization but come on - each region having its own warlord who decides whose wars they fight?!

while at it we should also dismantle the wadera/jiyala worship in sindh, and sardar worship in baluchistan too. we will be left far behind if we dont do this sooner rather than later.

i dont mean urbanization but come on - each region having its own warlord who decides whose wars they fight?!

while at it we should also dismantle the wadera/jiyala worship in sindh, and sardar worship in baluchistan too. we will be left far behind if we dont do this sooner rather than later.

You talk too much, and you don't have a plan. What you are asking for will take 100% literacy rate, 20 years of mass industrialization, decentralized federation and a robust rural e-governance structure. You would have to make them "irrelevant" by replacing the organs that make them function, ie patwari and thana culture, as well as providing a "functional alternative", eradication of those obsolete systems of oppression will take place in a later stage, when their effectiveness will be watered down.

@ Aeronaut , i have edited my article and have removed any biased and ethnic content. But i cant edit original post. Can you replace original version with following edited version

ISI is very efficient organization. So far they have succeeded in turning one faction of talibans against another and prevent them from uniting under one banner...look at ISI's record
1- They quicky approached turkistan bhittani , who split away from baitulluh mehsud due to differences. They provided finances and other supports to bhittani talibans and encouraged them to launch attacks on mehsud talibans. They also brought turkistan to media to say that how TTP actions are unislamic. Resources and attention of TTP got spending on turkistan bhittani. Then in military operation in south waziristan army employed bhittani group to establish control on already captured areas. Turkistan bhittani was dreaming of having his own area of influence. But due to poor performance of bhittani against powerful mehsuds, army unarmed him and his men despite his protests , to establish army writ over Tank district. Bhittani claimed that he got used by Army against TTP and then thrown away like tissue paper ..
2- Abdullah mehsud group split away from baitullah mehsud group...they were also approached by ISI and togather with turkistan bhittani, they were helped by army to fight against baitullah mehsud...its leader Qari hussain was assassinated in DI khan, their story ends here...
3- Maulvi nazir, leader of wazir talibans of south waziristan got in conflict with troublesome uzbeks, this angered baitullah mehsud who was providing sanctuary to Uzbeks. ISI took advantage of the situation, provided him every kind of help in his war against uzbeks and then against TTP...after that army formed non-aggession pact with maulvi nazir group...Maulvi nazir survived two drones and because of that he broke peace deal and said that deal is invalid untill pakistan ask america to stop drone attacks. Later he formed alliance both with TTP and hafiz gul bahadur group, also maintained non-aggression against pak army and focused on Afghanistan...to break the alliance between TTP and maulvi and turned them against each other, pampflets in pashto were distributed by ISI in nazir's area supposedly written by baitullah against maulvi nazir. Both group called it propaganda of ISI...This guy got droned recently and his group's trust in pakistan military is seem to be lifted and i think they are realizing double games of Pakistan...
4- Hafiz gul bahadur , commander of north waziristan talibans...they are focused on afghanistan...like nazir they are hostile to uzbeks...has formed non-aggression pact with pak army, has allowed them limited movements in north waziristan...is not part of TTP but is not hostile to them either...whenever army try to flex its muscles , they attack and kill or kidnap faujis as warning....as army is focused on TTP so they have no choice but to have peace deals with this guy...after american withdrawl they would continue to focus on afghanistan but if pak army gets naughty with them then he can easily join hands with TTP against army...
5- Haqqani network, the most powerful organization of talibans in afg-pak has good relationships with ISI , wont participate against in move against pakistan army....it is interesting to note that they have no animosity towards TTP.
6- Mangal bagh , commander of lashkar e islam in khyber agency of afridi tribe. Was fighting long sectarian war with bareilvi militants of ansar ul islam and defeated them. Had complete control of bara tehsil, was openely pro-pakistan and pro-army and ISI allowed him to carry on his activities in khyber agency freely. Now this month army has decided to clear the tirah of his militants so that NATO supply line is in governament control after american withrdrawl. Mangal bagh has joined hands with TTP and togather they are giving so much resistance to Pak army that dozens of elite SSG commandos are falling like common soldiers..to prevent it from being a disaster, pakistan air force is bombarding each and every inch of tirah...if mangal bagh and his group survives he would be a great headache for Pakistan army as their area of influence is few kilometers away from peshawer...and is also has long border with afghanistan.

In short ISI has utilized its capabilities and has taken advantage of every oppurtunity so far to keep talibans divided....credit must be given to them even though TTP is still thriving.... they would continue playing their spy roles and lets see how they perform in the future...hakimullah mehsud's amir ul momineen is mullah omar and they listen to him and respect him...afghan talibans would definately provide sanctuary to TTP. TTP has support of foriegn militants as well as punjabi talibans, now mangal bagh of khyber agency has made alliance with them, their range and scope is very wide...TTP can not defeat pak army, they cant engage army in open battles but through ambushes they would exchaust army in the long run..similarly pak army is unable to finish tumour like TTP and its leadership...the question is who has high stamina for decades long war?.... talibans? Or pak army ....
After american withdrawl from afghanistan, there might be no american aid for war on terror, pakistan has stationed about 1.2 lakh troops in FATA...each shell, each mortar, each air strike, each movement of caravan costs money...it is going to deteriote our economy very badly if this war is stretched to another decade...
while religion and faith drives and motivates TTP...secular like Pak army relies on support , motivation and cheering from civilians , and civilians support is disappointing, from pashtun population there is no support at all, so they are demoralized....faujis are definately wishing for peace deals with talibans...TTP i think wont listen, their goal is islamabad and they will have sanctuaries in Afghanistan where they would freshen up , re-group and launch attacks...according to retd general ali jan orakzai, who was the main person behind peace deals with talibans, it was always army during musharaf times who broke peace deal with talibans under american pressure...so TTP simply wont trust Army/ISI. After nek mohamad episode, army is not regarded not honourable among taliban circles

Back
Top Bottom