What's new

How far ahead of India is China?

Very nice pictures, all is green and clean. Respect! even a golf course is seen. Looks Chinese are rich.

well actually it is not the golf course that I like about it because maintaining a golf course like that consumes a lot of water which is getting more precious to China by the day. Anyhow, the overall development is visible.

When we started our reform process, we never said that our ultimate goal is CHINA...all this "who is better than whom" stuffs are propaganda's created by the west...india can never follow the developmnt model followed by china because of its democratic institutions..:undecided:..so considering dat i think my country is doing pretty well,althou it needs 2 boost up more!!

That is not true because the article was written by an indian in an indian medium because generally indians will buy the idea of "China vs india" race in indian's version of democracy. There are plenty of articles like that written by indians in the past so it is not all "western-led" propaganda.

The city is negligible compared to some 2tier cities in west china.chengdu chongqing xi'an kunming guiyang......

chongqing
20087211522859801xn9.jpg

193217846_b9f4e50346_b.jpg

indeed some of the 2nd tier cities are moving upwards to become 1st tier. And the speed of Chongqing's development is the fastest. There have been a no. of media spotlighting on Chongqing before:

Chongqing, the world's fastest growing city - Telegraph

The World's Fastest-Growing Cities - Forbes.com

Chicago on the Yangtze - By Christina Larson | Foreign Policy

Indians should stop comparing them self with Chines
Chines are far ahead of India

See Bro, to get to certain status you need to set a benchmark and compare with someone who is better than yourself......India is doing no wrong, we regard China as economy and country with high regard, so we compare....

now you i believe are nowhere nearby both in any terms...... your country is yet to learn such things.

Went to Beijing 2 years ago and i loved it. India has to work on its infrastructure if it wants to compete with China, but honestly the world is big enough for them both to co exist.

we are around 10-20 years behind China.

china's global expansion started in 1976 and ours in 1991.

going by that we both have achieved a lot.

but still it ain't over yet.

this century belongs to india and China. the firsy half will surely be of china's, india will be able to match china only after 2040.
and by match, I mean getting into the same category, overtaking them will be another challenge.

Can't say more than this, , coz u never know what may happen.

China's global expansion started at 1976??? Horrible cultural revolution ended in 1976. China was still like North Korea using vouchers to allocate essential food etc up till early 1990. In 1992, Deng decided to open China with his speech in ShenZhen.

It'a rather funny to see media in West and India making claim that China opened up 10 years ahead of India。 Plus, why was a democratic India so inflexible in its reforms? China has always been facing enormous challenges of various embargoes due to ideological differences, etc. India never had the same difficulty. Anytime China wants to acquire something, the west will always raise defense concerns, etc.

I can understand the West's, especially Britain's frustration. They want India to beat China so badly to prove their political agenda. Too bad, the world does not revolve around them.

Considering the hostile environment China has been facing, I am very proud of our people's resilience. Way to go!

China's global expansion started at 1976??? Horrible cultural revolution ended in 1976. China was still like North Korea using vouchers to allocate essential food etc up till early 1990. In 1992, Deng decided to open China with his speech in ShenZhen.

It'a rather funny to see media in West and India making claim that China opened up 10 years ahead of India。 Plus, why was a democratic India so inflexible in its reforms?

You are asking questions when you do not want to know the answers ....democracy is what makes reforms inflexible because in a democracy you have to address the needs of the lowest denominator. You just cannot do what the elite think is right. You have to wait for the dumb to get a bit smarter and then do the reforms taking them along with you. Its not an easy thing ...especially in a nation of very diverse 1 billion people.

Try to imagine how smart a man must be to understand need for reform at the same time try and educate half a billion people and at the same time manage the other half who refuses to be educated and want to protest, at the same time fend of enemies who look to exploit you when you are vulnerable during those reforms.

China has always been facing enormous challenges of various embargoes due to ideological differences, etc. India never had the same difficulty. Anytime China wants to acquire something, the west will always raise
defense concerns, etc.

This is your ignorance speaking. India faced pretty much all the challenges China faced plus some more. India also had the burden of carrying its religious, ethnic, linguistic diversity, destruction of society and culture by long years of destructive british and Muslim rule, Consolidation of its geographical integrity........all this when china had 300% more land than India with almost the same number of people. It also had to survive partition of its land/culture and continually fend off the hatred and Wars that partition generated. No nation in the world has survived what India has survived. This survival deifies every conventional logic ..... making people try and assume things about a nation they do not understand.

I can understand the West's, especially Britain's frustration. They want India to beat China so badly to prove their political agenda. Too bad, the world does not revolve around them.

Considering the hostile environment China has been facing, I am very proud of our people's resilience. Way to go!

You really don't understand the Wests frustration ...... they dont care about India. They only care about themselves and any threat to their greed is countered. India has no role to play in this. India got involved because China choose to attack India at the time when it was most vulnerable, then creating a trust deficit that will endure generations.

You are asking questions when you do not want to know the answers ....democracy is what makes reforms inflexible because in a democracy you have to address the needs of the lowest denominator. You just cannot do what the elite think is right. You have to wait for the dumb to get a bit smarter and then do the reforms taking them along with you. Its not an easy thing ...especially in a nation of very diverse 1 billion people.

Try to imagine how smart a man must be to understand need for reform at the same time try and educate half a billion people and at the same time manage the other half who refuses to be educated and want to protest, at the same time fend of enemies who look to exploit you when you are vulnerable during those reforms.

This is your ignorance speaking. India faced pretty much all the challenges China faced plus some more. India also had the burden of carrying its religious, ethnic, linguistic diversity, destruction of society and culture by long years of destructive british and Muslim rule, Consolidation of its geographical integrity........all this when china had 300% more land than India with almost the same number of people. It also had to survive partition of its land/culture and continually fend off the hatred and Wars that partition generated. No nation in the world has survived what India has survived. This survival deifies every conventional logic ..... making people try and assume things about a nation they do not understand.

You really don't understand the Wests frustration ...... they dont care about India. They only care about themselves and any threat to their greed is countered. India has no role to play in this. India got involved because China choose to attack India at the time when it was most vulnerable, then creating a trust deficit that will endure generations.

Man, you are changing the argument from time of opening up in China and India to difference between India's democracy and China's meritorious authoritarianism. I was just responding to your claim that China expanded in 1976, when in fact, China started reform in 1992.

India's democracy and China's system both have pros and cons. India has been facing its own internal problems, so has China been. We can argue forever, but that was not your original post, neither was my response. However you cannot deny that the West is more tolerant towards India than towards China. Plus, China faced embargo after 1989 event. The West has always been praising India's system as if that was the development model for other countries.

Peace out.

I've been to both countries. I think you guys will know my answer.

Man, you are changing the argument from time of opening up in China and India to difference between India's democracy and China's meritorious authoritarianism. I was just responding to your claim that China expanded in 1976, when in fact, China started reform in 1992.

India's democracy and China's system both have pros and cons. India has been facing its own internal problems, so has China been. We can argue forever, but that was not your original post, neither was my response. However you cannot deny that the West is more tolerant towards India than towards China. Plus, China faced embargo after 1989 event. The West has always been praising India's system as if that was the development model for other countries.

Peace out.

You are mistaking me for someone else......

Anyway china opened up to the US after groundbreaking 1972 summit between Nixon, Zhou, and Communist Party of China Chairman Mao Zedong, ending 23 years of diplomatic isolation and mutual hostility. The result was the formation of a tacit strategic anti-Soviet alliance between China and the United States. Its only later that china started exhibiting anti US stand.

If the west is more tolerant towards India than China, its because India has been more tolerant towards to the west than China. India has been facing embargo's right from 1974 , when we exploded our first Nuke.

....Peace out .....:tup:

I've been to both countries. I think you guys will know my answer.

me too, better not to say that````coz the gap is astonishing!!

Folks you don't have to be too nice and not hide your opinion. Lots of us have been out side India too and we know the difference too. Let me put it bluntly, India is still a 3rd world country and China is almost first world. I say almost because "people" say China still has some more distance to go. But in my opinion, China is already a first world country.

Most of us get it and we will compare ourselves with China so that we can replicate and get better. We are not saying we are equal to China... but we are saying, if China can do it, so can we. We are using you as a role model.

I hope you understand what I am saying, but I also know some of you folks will immediately say that we can't do it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom