What's new

Honour Killings : The crimewave that shames the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honour killings is part of different tribal culture's , it has nothing to do with true teaching of Islam.

These practices r pre-islamic and unfortunately continuing till today.

In islam no men has the right to kill his sister, daughter or wife in the name of honour.

But when a muslim commits this crime, it unfortunately reflect on his religion.

I again say honour killing is part of culture nothing to do with Islam.

"The crime wave that shames the world"?? Which world is that? You would have thought that if it shamed them, they would have stopped - but that is part of the problem, this whole bit about shame and honor, they are two sides of the same coin. Where ever there is a culture of honor, there is also a culture of shame - and 99.99 times out of a 100, the shame part is tied in with women (possessions) and ***, all of it over a little bit of action -- so hung up over so little a thing. Watch this space for someone (generally a steroidal Pakrab) to to suggest well if it's so little a thing how about your sister or mother, yada, yada...

The crime of honor killing is a result of the shame some pencil dick imagines, incurred by the actions of some, some WOMAN!

Forget about shame - if you mean it when you say it's a crime, then punish the perpetrators.

Shame and honor not part of a literalist, tribal understand of Islam? It most certainly is.

Honour killings is part of different tribal culture's , it has nothing to do with true teaching of Islam.

These practices r pre-islamic and unfortunately continuing till today.

In islam no men has the right to kill his sister, daughter or wife in the name of honour.

But when a muslim commits this crime, it unfortunately reflect on his religion.

I again say honour killing is part of culture nothing to do with Islam.

Exactly! But due to stereotyping western media, most people are under the assumption that it is.

so that justifies what he did & of course next time we must blame the murdered for his/her murder, Freaks

Murdered? If they were correctly punished, it wouldn't have been so. If only the woman is punished, then it is wrong. This is what happened- only the woman seemed to have been punished. This means that honour killings are wrong!

Last edited:
...... and we wonder why do we have honor killings in subcontinent:blink::blink:

Teens acting stupid and dating someone outside your tribe is your justification to the killings?

It seems like you are saying "I agree its an evil, but its a necessary evil" or you wouldn't put the blame victims

No its not only in sub continent..Currently its in Middle east and some south American cultures as well..
And not long ago same was true for many European cultures,do your home work on the subject mate..
About blaming the victim..ever heard of the term "s*it stirring"?
Stir the s*it and there will be bad smell....Ok does not justify a murder,but i was on about the reasons,and some time the victim is the on who starts a chain of events,knowing the results....and most of the time their actions are totally uncalled for,unnecessary and avoidable...Get it?

No its not only in sub continent..Currently its in Middle east and some south American cultures as well..
And not long ago same was true for many European cultures,do your home work on the subject mate..
Stir the s*it and there will be bad smell....Ok does not justify a murder,but i was on about the reasons,and some time the victim is the on who starts a chain of events,knowing the results....and most of the time their actions are totally uncalled for,unnecessary and avoidable...Get it?

So according to your analogy.

The societies that allow these honor killings are s*it, the victims are guilty of stirring the s*it, causing the bad odor (victim's killing)??

I would agree with your assessment of these societies.

But these medieval primitive societies should try to move with times and try to change from s*it to something less offensive. As long as we have supporters who support this s*itty behavior, instead of calling spade a spade, it would be very difficult.

try to change from s*it to something less offensive. As long as we have supporters who support this s*itty behavior, instead of calling spade a spade, it would be very difficult.
lol..yeah,i should have used a more civilized idiom...But then again we are discussing a highly uncivilized phenomenon.

Btw,i am not supporting anything...All cases branded as honor killing are not similar,and to tackle the problem you need to have a non biased deep knowledge of the reasons behind such killings..Surface knowledge as seen on TV as told by some feminist women rights group wont be enough..
Not starting a flame war here..

See this is precisely the problem with pakistan and partly why it has remained quite backward to some extent because too many people in pakistan have such an attitude as yours even now you have actually tried to twist things in such a way as to put the blame on the victim not the sick people who commit these brutal crimes or the culture of hatred between rival tribes that's so deep that they will even kill their own daughters and sisters for it.
Yes lets blame the victim for starting it i'm sure they intended to be murdered by their own famillies lets blame them not the backward tribal system or barbaric mentality of people that allows these chain of events to even exist.
How dare choose her own husband or leave an abusive marriage according to you their deaths are their own faults since the women knew the outcomes of such things :hitwall:

See this is precisely the problem with pakistan and partly why it has remained quite backward to some extent because too many people in pakistan have such an attitude as yours even now you have actually tried to twist things in such a way as to put the blame on the victim not the sick people who commit these brutal crimes or the culture of hatred between rival tribes that's so deep that they will even kill their own daughters and sisters for it.
Yes lets blame the victim for starting it i'm sure they intended to be murdered by their own famillies lets blame them not the backward tribal system or barbaric mentality of people that allows these chain of events to even exist.
How dare choose her own husband or leave an abusive marriage according to you their deaths are their own faults since the women knew the outcomes of such things :hitwall:

You can say what you want,and thats your right of free speech..I am entitled to having my own opinion.

If you stand in the middle of a motorway and get hit by a car,the driver is not the only person to be blamed..Get it?

Agreed that women should not be stopped from coosing life partners or bailing out of a marriage..But there is a way of doing these things..Boy and girl running around naked on the streets of say..Rajisthan or interior KP will create problem,and they should know that.

I already said,not all cases are not the same,and honour killing is a generalized terminology.Many times its not honour killing at all,its a feud,jealousy or love rivalry.

Every culture has limitations,and people living withing that system should know those limits..If they dont agree with their cultural bounds,better leave it or grow out of it first before doing something radical.

Ok in many eastern/Middle eastern cultures things go unduely violent to the level of Murders..But on a broader level basic human beghaviour is the same all over..
I used to date a white girl somewher in Europe,long time ago,that was in 90s,and i know how many times i got into trouble with white boys,only because i was hanging out with one of their Girl.Eventualy we were bugged to such an extent that both of us decided to leave each other for the sake of our safety....Similar things if happen in our part of the world,its splashed around the world in news madia..portraying us as women supressing tyrants.
Jealousy and competition for female attention is similar around the world,no matter what culture or religion you are from,and it does get escalated to voilence..
Due to factors we are all aware of,this effect is more pronounced in our parts of the world...
But are we the only ones? No we are not..

awesome!!!

Girl's got to be a slut so its all right to kill

Yes i agree ,me saying "I blame the girl as much as the people who kill them" was very wrong..I shouldnt have said that.
But i still maintain that in many cases,if looked closely,the victim has a good amount of contribution in starting and escalating the problem..
By no means,a murder or severe abuse is justified though

Last edited by a moderator:
Well when a girl goes around screwing somebdy (outside marraige) thts unacceptable in our culture and religion!

Also her family is made fun off! people spit on their face etc.... so to restore tht honor such actions or accidents happen!

I know a guy who killed his sister and some a..hole for having a sexual affair!

He saw em somewhere came home took out his AK shot the girl and then took care of the guy!

Wat else do u think he should have done?cover his ears n eyes and get humiliated by society?

Im not passing a judgement here!

Well when a girl goes around screwing somebdy (outside marraige) thts unacceptable in our culture and religion!

Also her family is made fun off! people spit on their face etc.... so to restore tht honor such actions or accidents happen!

Same applies to men,but unfortunately in our society the girl gets punshed and men get away with their infidelities.
That doesnt mean that everybody should be allowed to go rampant and shag the hell out of whoever they want..But instead of Honour killing and taking matters in one's own hand,there should be a system to deal with such cases..Jirga system is there but its usually biased,and has proved to be unjust on most occasions..There should be a system,such as special courts.

I have already said that on the contrary to what the media has been telling us,women do contribute to the problem when they shouldnt..I do agree with you,that sometimes situation is just too muchg to bear.But then again,killing and murdering is not the way to go.

Same applies to men,but unfortunately in our society its the girl gets punshed and men get away with their infidelities.
That doesnt mean that everybody should be allowed to go rampant and shag the hell out of whoever they want..But instead of Honour killing and taking matters in one's own hand,there should be a system to deal with such cases..Jirga system is there but its usually biased,and has proved to be unjust on most occasions..There should be a system,such as special courts.

I have already said that on the contrary to what the media has been telling us,women do contribute to the problem when they shouldnt..But then again,killing and murdering is not the way to go.

Sir ji most of these accidents involve parents of the girl and thus honor killing is not just entirely a female issue! low life Men (lovers) of the shameless girl also taste the same in most cases !

I know a guy who killed his sister and some a..hole for having a sexual affair!

He saw em somewhere came home took out his AK shot the girl and then took care of the guy!

Wat else do u think he should have done?cover his ears n eyes and get humiliated by society?

Im not passing a judgement here!

No one has the right to kill anyone else no matter what.

No one has the right to kill anyone no matter what.

Can u tell tht to the families who r spit on the face,humiliated and looked down by society?

And this just doesnt happen in Pakistan! But Northern india Punjab,rajhistan etc,Afghanistan,iran etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom