What's new

Honda launches new Civic in Pakistan

If what you say is true, then Prius is an excellent buy. And I know that the numbers are swelling up. But you live in Lahore (?) and I am here in a tiny winy city which does not even have decent technicians for local made cars, let alone a Hybrid.

Than i understand why you went for a Reborn and yes i live in Lahore.

Btw, what about its battery? How often do you need to replace it and how much does it costs?

Btw, what about its battery? How often do you need to replace it and how much does it costs?

The advertised life expectancy for the battery is 150 000 miles but you can easily push it to around 300 000 miles. It all depends if proper care is being furnished to the batteries, they hardly need replacing for a good 7 to 8 years. I read somewhere that the record for a battery is 400 000 miles. A used battery will cost you around 1000 USD and they are usually top notch and a brand new one will cost you around 2000 USD. I calculated the cars mileage, it gives me 25km in the city and 30 km on long route per litre. I can tell you one thing for sure, its drive is much better than Reborn. You cannot even feel the engine running, its so smooth. But if you want something fast, than nothing beats the Reborn.

Pretty decent deal @GBP13,000!

Never drove a Civic before, how does it compare to a Camry?

Its a good car. The quality of car that Honda produce in Pakistan are good, much better than her competitors. Although its a bit heavy on a mileage like its predecessor Reborn, its drive is much better compared to Corolla. But for me personally, i wouldn't waste almost 25 lakh rupees on this car. I took the unusual step and bought a Prius for myself :), cost me almost 17 lakh rupees. Its drive is better than Civic, has better features and most importantly it gives me 25km on a litre. With petrol touching 106 rupees per litre, i am more than happy with this car. I have given up on the idea of buying either locally made Civic or Corolla. Instead of buying these inflated cars, i am better of importing it from Japan.

The Prius is a very well-engineered car.

You would be surprised that a lot of new technicians are popping up due to the increasing popularity of Prius. I am sure you must have noticed the numbers swelling up of Prius in Pakistan. My technician guy knows this car from the back of his head, can fix any problem with it. I had a Reborn prior to Prius, a good car but very expensive on petrol. For any future engagement, i would highly recommend a Hybrid. With this price of petrol, you can be damn sure that people will be buying a lot of Hybrids.

The engine in a Prius is pretty standard, and the added componentry for the hybrid portion is very reliable, so its servicing is not substantially different than a non-hybrid car.

Than i understand why you went for a Reborn and yes i live in Lahore.

The advertised life expectancy for the battery is 150 000 miles but you can easily push it to around 300 000 miles. It all depends if proper care is being furnished to the batteries, they hardly need replacing for a good 7 to 8 years. I read somewhere that the record for a battery is 400 000 miles. A used battery will cost you around 1000 USD and they are usually top notch and a brand new one will cost you around 2000 USD. I calculated the cars mileage, it gives me 25km in the city and 30 km on long route per litre. I can tell you one thing for sure, its drive is much better than Reborn. You cannot even feel the engine running, its so smooth. But if you want something fast, than nothing beats the Reborn.

There are Prius taxis in New York City with over half a million miles on their original drivetrains and still going.

Only if Pak Rupee is not devalued every few days, I am sure Civic would have been still at 4 Lakh rupees (back in 1995, thats how much it was) :(

Civic has gone too much expensive now.

But good to see that this model is launched now!

19 Lakhs for Civic ??!!
DFug, Insanity

Well, in india its around 13 lakhs for most modest version, which is still high....Good car neverdless...

Isn't that like more than the Pakistani version?

1 INR = 1.7 PKR

Aw its just another okay design. Nothing Impressive or demanding a second look.

Look at Holden, not a big brand and offering similar prices but their cars carry a lot more visual value and personality.

buy-holden-cruze.jpg

holden-commodore-ss1.JPG

Holden-Cruze-electric-car_420-420x0.jpg

WTF!!!! Look at the price there!! Its almost the same price as in Canada. But also look at our people!! Even at this price, they will be willing to pay a premium to get the car.

I have not seen such a stupid consumer in the world as we have in Pakistan. They are only status conscious, not price conscious. To get something that get some some cheap status, they will indulge in things illegal too. No wonder we have a leader like Zardari who summarizes our failings and reflects the corruption of our society.

Off-topic, but want to compare something, the VW passat, any idea how much it would cost to get in Pakistan? Imports, customs and all.

It is less than 2.0 Liters, so i expect the custom not to be too pricey.

It is a really good car from what I have experienced and read (albeit never owned one).

And my relative does a business of importing second hand good condition cars from Japan from auctions (Vitz, Allion and Premio, all less than 2.0), gets some mods into them (back cameras, screens and other tip taps), and sells them for around 22 lac at most. Premio is a really good car to drive, and if you could bargain, you could get it for around 19-20. Much better than buying a Corolla of the same price or a Honda Civic for more. The car market has got over priced i feel in Pakistan. Who in their right minds would buy a corolla brand new for this much money rather than a Premio?

WTF!!!! Look at the price there!! Its almost the same price as in Canada. But also look at our people!! Even at this price, they will be willing to pay a premium to get the car.

I have not seen such a stupid consumer in the world as we have in Pakistan. They are only status conscious, not price conscious. To get something that get some some cheap status, they will indulge in things illegal too. No wonder we have a leader like Zardari who summarizes our failings and reflects the corruption of our society.

Civic is basically a status car in Pakistan. Along with Accord, these two hondas represent that you are from a top class, and most people have this mentality. Kaali Civic comes along at Super Market Isl, driver madam sahiba ka darwaza kholta hai, 50 year old gets out, people look at her, job done!:D

An example of the above mentioned mentality. One of my close relatives is a Plastic surgeon (well reputed), and he has a love for corollas. We beg him (after pressure from his son!), that he buy a Civic, and get some shosha, but he just doesn't!!! He is one of those simple lifestyle people, deendar, well versed in religion!!!

Back
Top Bottom