What's new

Not a Single Unit of Honda Civic Sold during March 2023 in Pakistan

Honda plant shutdown from march to June due to import restriction non availability of CKD kits and other parts. SUV even 1500 cc mileage is worst compare to Sedan and Honda mileage is the best
Honda is definitely good at making low maintenance and high mileage cars, but in terms of quality they are comparable to Suzuki or maybe slightly better. However, in terms of their attitude and pricing, they thought they have the brand power of BMW or Rolls Royce and people will buy any car they sell at any price. They got a big reality check and Suzuki/Toyota, Hyundai/ Kia, Tata, Mahindra, VW/Skoda and even Nissan/Renault chipped away at their market share. At one time they were number 3 in India in terms of sales, but they might have to soon exit the Indian car market if their cars keep flopping. They are surviving solely on the brand value of Honda City.

you can get a used e60 with v10 for 50-60 lac in pakistan..... only an idiot would buy civic with 4 cyl shitty engine!

In India women driving scooties are a common sight.

Light, gearless scooters have had a huge social impact in India for women. My wife grew up in a small town and she practically owes her career to scooty. She secured admission in a good college which was far away from her home and there was no public transport. My idiotic father in law would have none of it, but she put her foot down and bought a second hand scooty for commute. We still have it in our parking lot as a relic.

you can get a used e60 with v10 for 50-60 lac in pakistan..... only an idiot would buy civic with 4 cyl shitty engine!
What vintage? I am guessing a new e60 costs around 10 crore in Pakistan. The maintenance cost of that car will be astronomically higher than a civic.

What vintage? I am guessing a new e60 costs around 10 crore in Pakistan. The maintenance cost of that car will be astronomically higher than a civic.
not that much, bought one ... i was sckeptical just like you but decided to go through it. First thing i did was, had the engine opened completely, everything checked. Few things had to be replaced . I bought it for 52 lac and spend about 3,4 lac on it. After that its been 2 years and the only expense is the regular oil change stuff. Nothing else. Plus there is nothing like a v10 roaring! 2006 model. Not that vintage!

not that much, bought one ... i was sckeptical just like you but decided to go through it. First thing i did was, had the engine opened completely, everything checked. Few things had to be replaced . I bought it for 52 lac and spend about 3,4 lac on it. After that its been 2 years and the only expense is the regular oil change stuff. Nothing else. Plus there is nothing like a v10 roaring! 2006 model. Not that vintage!
In Delhi, you have to scrap a diesel car older than 10 years and a new M5 competition would cost about 2.25 crores INR on road. You also don't get the quality of mechanics you would get in Germany. If anything goes wrong, it means expensive replacements.

Should be happy that Suzuki-Toyota-Honda monopoly is finally breaking eventually.

Civic is PKR 8,599,000 for the base variant Standard to PKR 10,199,000 for the top of the line RS variant. Public has better choices now.
Good the mafia is losing its power.
For that money I can get a 2023 Lexus IS in Canada.
Pakistanis need to be free from Japanese car mafia.

Interesting situation. I thought by now Haval would have a big SUV market in Pakistan. Or DFSK, like in Bangladesh. Cars with under 1.5 liter engine command a reduced duty band of about 300%. Luxury cars/SUVs demand 800% duty.

Bangladesh does not see much of sedan sales in new form. For Aam admi, Toyota Allion, Premio and Noah available in JDM Refurb form, which is 70% of market.

Hybrid JDM Refurb cars are all over Bangladesh now.

As a side joke - half of all rickshaws are plug-in vehicles now - monthly charging fee is Tk. 2000. The pickup on these is thrilling but brakes are rather weak.

Chinese HAVAL SUV's are getting some market in Bangladesh now (H6 and Jolion) and there are other Chinese offerings too, like MG and DFSK SUVs. Still early days. Here's a review from a Bangladesh auto vlogger,

But Range Rovers and Discoveries rule the upper end sales now. Bulk luxury sales are Toyota Prado (personal use) and Mitsubishi Pajeros (govt. use), the latter assembled locally for about 40 years.

I have seen quite a few Maybach GLS 600 on the roads. These were imported with 800% tax as were all luxury tagged models. Astronomically priced.....

Hyundai and Kia SUVs (Tucson etc.) are also getting very popular. As are lower end Toyota SUVs (Corolla Cross etc.) and the locally assembled Malaysian Proton SUV X70.
Haval, MG,KIA, DASHK, Proton are main players in crossover category.
The cheapest SUV is BJ40, in pickup it's Hilux, dmax etc.

I own a MG HS. driven it 20k. Great vehicle. I booked it for 57. It's brand new for 80 something now. All due to inflation.

Haval, MG,KIA, DASHK, Proton are main players in crossover category.
The cheapest SUV is BJ40, in pickup it's Hilux, dmax etc.

I own a MG HS. driven it 20k. Great vehicle. I booked it for 57. It's brand new for 80 something now. All due to inflation.
MG has introduced a few good cars in India, but they have very poor mileage. Also there is perception that Chinese vehicles are poor quality ( even though MG tries to pretend it is British) and sales have not really taken off.

Light, gearless scooters have had a huge social impact in India for women. My wife grew up in a small town and she practically owes her career to scooty. She secured admission in a good college which was far away from her home and there was no public transport. My idiotic father in law would have none of it, but she put her foot down and bought a second hand scooty for commute. We still have it in our parking lot as a relic.

This is so uplifting and like them being upwardly mobile.

But as per popular belief, people of Pakistan has tons of money, its only the government that is bankrupt. Or have the Pakistani awam moved to higher end luxury cars?

Funny you should say that..

But if you read the detail it says car sales nose dived 73%.

Scooters are required in the Pakistani market. It's important Pakistani women in the working class have access to vehicles

Just for fun - checked wiki for car ownership stats per 1000 in a country and Bangladesh is slightly behind Pakistan with 27 vs. 29 per 1000 people.

India has 231 per 1000 - so I was baffled. These guys consider two and three wheelers as "vehicles" !

Go figure..... :blink:

Back
Top Bottom