What's new

High Speed Trains in Pakistan

Pakistan should have a High Speed Train connecting Peshawar, Islamabad, Sargodha, Faisalabad, Lahore, Sahiwal, Multan and Bhawalpur. Daily service once or twice a day depending on demand.

Any Suggestions Guys..... :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

@Armstrong , @RAMPAGE , @Chak Bamu , @Aeronaut , @Zarvan , @DRaisinHerald , @SHAMK9 , @HRK

@Jazzbot , @Fahad Khan 2 , @batmannow , @Janbaz , @MastanKhan , @Talon , @Marshmallow , @waz

@DESERT FIGHTER , @Patriots , @Rashid Mahmood , @dexter , @KingMamba , @Secularpakistani

@PiyaraPakistan , @rockstar08 , @Leader ,
very good idea...i have no problem with it if its introduced in Pak as long as our Government invest equally or even more in Education,Health and Security as well...these three areas have been drastically ignored!

Guarantee is without much strings attached and warranty is many strings (conditions) attached. The best example is to purchase a car battery and the warranty card is full of conditions attached.

The idea is sound and lays down the foundations for a modern economy. Not surprisingly getting people from A-B is of paramount importance. You then have the benefits of fast logistics goods wise and so on.

The problems? First money and then the will to carry it out. Oh the fact that our power generation is pitiful.

All in all, work on the above and then the idea is feasible.

Last edited:
Lets go one realistic step at a time.
  • Lets get the trains running first.
  • Lets get Pakistan Railways back into black first.
  • Lets improve railway infrastructure first
  • Lets get something called customer service.

Small steps that are very much achievable. Those countries that have excellent train services, not all of them have high speed trains. Amtrak standard speed is 160 Km/h. Its high speed Acela train tops 240 Km/h. Thats not high speed by European standards.

Amtrak - About Amtrak - Facts & Services - National Fact Sheet

If you have ever seen a 160 Km/h passenger train whizzing past a platform, you will realize its a lot of speed. Our trains are capped at 110 km/h but with the age of track and engines, thats not realizable.

I think for now more trains will be bad idea, first maintain those which we already have ..in 2-3 year our first priority must be electricity and increase opportunities for investors to invest in pak

We have been thought about this before, Pakistan can't be Europe or Japan because they prefer to live in third world permanently and doesn't want to develop further.

Do you really think million illiterate people will sit on the roof like this overload on new high speed trains ?

narowal-overloaded-train.jpg

Yes, do we want to improve this?

The Infrastructure British left, even that is not expanded.. rather reduced.. such demands are far fetched! All the trains running on electricity have been shut down, many routs are cancelled and freight trains are reduced to minimum.. so keep calm and enjoy Lahore metro bus system, the technology of 20th century ..

The railway system is vital to Pakistan. If there ought to be a revolution in transport, it has to be in this area, to ease the increasing demand on local aviation, which causes a lot of pollution.

First bring brand spanking new local buses on the roads not shytty metro ghupla.

Pakistan does not have good future plan, maybe Russia should annex our country and pay tax properly to achieve big dreams. :(

not a good idea, but a very good sentiment. If Pakistanis are electricity thieves, and produce non-genuine products to make the extra buck, even on milk and flour these days !!!!!!! [ milawat har jagah hai ] how does one expect them to pay tax?

The qom has theft at heart. And they justify it in any way possible, even misusing religion.

Let me steal, and Allah will forgive me [ all I have to do is go for an umra shareef, and all my sins will be gone ]

The umra of thieves is not accepted.

These are the tricks Pakistani politicians play to get votes, short term plans and projects. Just throw in some metro bus projects and give out free laptops to your party's students wing and voila you will win another term of elections.

It's funny because I pointed out two important issues, one of shortage of electricity and the other of demand for such expensive mode of transportation only to get the OP all riled up. Maglev trains have very high power consumption and starting from the tracks and the carts to maintenance everything about is highly expensive. It is a luxury not a necessity. In a country with both cash and power shortage like Pakistan, talking about building HSR is as absurd as it gets. Why wouldn't you first fix the existing railways and make it efficient? Even a country like the US doesn't have HSR yet. And get this idea, the plan is to raise money by selling bonds (obviously with very high interest rates) and then run the trains only once or twice a day depending on its demand. I mean how stupid is that!

Hi,

It is not the Jahillyat that is the problem---it is a lack of LAW & ORDER and provision of JUSTICE in the nation that is the problem. You force law and order and provide justice to the people----you will see results as amazing as a rainbow in the skies after a rain.

You people need to remember that our propeht was an illeterate man like many other prophets of God. Without the provision of justice---people don't see any light at the end of the tunnel so they become dis-illusioned and we can call them jahill---.

The law and order is needed to eliminate theft In the country. When the waderas are stealing, bribing, and the bonded awaam steal too, and bribe too, and the culture of theft and bribe spreads, it becomes justified and allowed in the country.

You then have this issue called corruption. And please the Prophet was not an illiterate man. If he was he wouldn't have written letters to the Kings of the world, and neither would he have said "seek knowledge, even if you would have to go to China"

An illiterate man does not talk as such. So, Pakistanis, now that they live in the west, and have gained knowledge there, and they can gain further knowledge from the Koreans of how to improve the railway system.

If i would've been in authority i would've :

1. Improved the existing railway system and made it a profit yielding project.
2. Would've checked whether it is actually required or the existing railway is enough. If not then..
3. Ensured that we have got enough electricity production solely for HS Trains.
4. And then start planning and finding out the source of funds required.

Not happening anytime soon. Maybe in another 10 years if huge dams are build and energy crisis is over.

It's funny because I pointed out two important issues, one of shortage of electricity and the other of demand for such expensive mode of transportation only to get the OP all riled up. Maglev trains have very high power consumption and starting from the tracks and the carts to maintenance everything about is highly expensive. It is a luxury not a necessity. In a country with both cash and power shortage like Pakistan, talking about building HSR is as absurd as it gets. Why wouldn't you first fix the existing railways and make it efficient? Even a country like the US doesn't have HSR yet. And get this idea, the plan is to raise money by selling bonds (obviously with very high interest rates) and then run the trains only once or twice a day depending on its demand. I mean how stupid is that!

Even if they do manage to start such a project then it will probably be only for the upper class and the Sharif royal family.

Did you mean gigawatt's by any chance?

also the infrastructure cost of 1 gigawatt electricity generation would be to the tune of 14,000 crore PKR.

The infrastructure cost of 1 gigawatt electricity by way of hydel would be to the tune of 12,700 crore PKR

Now multiply both by 40.

I don't see that kind of investment capacity in electricity generation in Pakistan at present or in the next 10 to 12 years.

Yes , I did mean Gigawatt ( a gigawatt is a 1000 Megawatt ).

We have Dams that are under construction which will bring on 27,400 Megawatt ( or 27.4 Gigawatt ) to the National Grid in next 10 years. We will also have 8,800 Megawatt ( 8.8 Gigawatt ) of Electricity generated by Nuclear Plants in this time period. Further more there are another 5000 Megawatt of planned Electricity planned through Wind and solar Projects in the same time period. Construction on most of these projects has already started on in Process of starting in near future asthese plans have already been approved and funding has already been acquired or earmarked.

We have not only done the Math , the funding has been arranged and General Contractors have already been assigned the Contracts, so your math calculations is a mute point at this stage. Sorry for the Butt hurt you are feeling, I could recommend some Hemorrhoidal ointment or suppositories for the Pain.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom