What's new

China to export high-speed train technology to Pakistan

chinasun

Reaction score
Country
China
02143334382f3bb1667392212-0.jpg

BEIJING:
China will export technology for a 160 km/h high-speed railway train to Pakistan, state broadcaster CCTV said on Wednesday.

The first batch of 46 train carriages has been loaded and will be shipped on Nov. 3.
Parts for another 184 carriages will be delivered to Pakistan to assemble, the report said, adding this is the first time China has exported the technology.

China and Pakistan should move forward more effectively with the construction of their economic corridor, as well as accelerate the construction of infrastructure for the Gwadar Sea Port, the state media reported.

Last edited:
Oh yes, for the 50th time in 10 years, China is exporting high speed rail to Pakistan.
This is the first time that China has exported the technology.
Could you tell me the basis for 50 exits?

This is the first time that China has exported the technology.
Could you tell me the basis for 50 exits?

And can you please tell me which technology is exactly being exported?

You don't know anything. Why are you making irresponsible remarks?

1- Because I have spent my whole life in Pakistan and know how things work, and have been hearing about this since 10 years.

2- I am not making any irresponsible mark, just asking for clarification.

3- So I repeat, which technology is exactly being exported? Can you please name it?

1- Because I have spent my whole life in Pakistan and know how things work, and have been hearing about this since 10 years.

2- I am not making any irresponsible mark, just asking for clarification.

3- So I repeat, which technology is exactly being exported? Can you please name it?
Technology transfer to Pakistan, including technical materials, factory technical transformation, staff training, technical support, etc. Pakistan can independently produce a complete set of technology for 160 km of high-speed trains.
I don't know which department website in Pakistan to find the text of the agreement。

Technology transfer to Pakistan, including technical materials, factory technical transformation, staff training, technical support, etc. Pakistan can independently produce a complete set of technology for 160 km of high-speed trains.

Buddy, respectfully, you do not know what you are talking about.

You do know we don't have any track capable of handling a train of 160 kph, right? So what will we do with those trains?

Congratulations to Pakistan.

Chinese railway itself is in a massive debt of nearly 1 trillion dollars which they can't repay as it is running on loss last year recorded net loss of 7 billion dollars. This is pretty obvious move to bait them into deb trap even more obvious than SL hambantota port.

Chinese railway itself is in a massive debt of nearly 1 trillion dollars which they can't repay as it is running on loss last year recorded net loss of 7 billion dollars. This is pretty obvious move to bait them into deb trap even more obvious than SL hambantota port.

Who cares man.

Congratulations to Pakistan.

Yes Congrats.

All public transports in every country (including Japan) runs at a loss and needs subsidies. All of them.

These are services govts. provide as public service, not to make profits.

View attachment 892385
BEIJING:
China will export technology for a 160 km/h high-speed railway train to Pakistan, state broadcaster CCTV said on Wednesday.

The first batch of 46 train carriages has been loaded and will be shipped on Nov. 3.
Parts for another 184 carriages will be delivered to Pakistan to assemble, the report said, adding this is the first time China has exported the technology.

China and Pakistan should move forward more effectively with the construction of their economic corridor, as well as accelerate the construction of infrastructure for the Gwadar Sea Port, the state media reported.

I see Laotian lettering. Was this the Laos China Railway completed recently? Need to see some of the trackage infra images if you can find them.

https://laostravel.com/express-train-for-laos-china-railway/

Last edited:
And can you please tell me which technology is exactly being exported?

It will be a 160 KMPH Bullet train from Karachi to Peshawar. Part of the train carriages have been built in China and shipped already.

In Bangladesh such a project (DAC-CTG) was repeatedly mooted and cancelled for the last decade. Pakistan did pull the trigger.

Bangladesh govt. and "experts" can't make up their mind on whether the travelling public would actually use these bullet trains when air travel is available between Dhaka and Chittagong. Estimated fare is about the same but I guess trains can be used even in inclement weather. Regular trains are used only by lower middle class folks in Bangladesh.

High speed trains (over 120 KMPH) would need new dedicated and much more straightened trackage with high speed curve easements and super-elevated track which we don't have in Bangladesh yet.

Trackage for bullet trains is typically on elevated ballast-less track (viaducts like in China and Japan), for which some similar trackage have been built in Bangladesh (Dhaka to Jessore link via Padma Bridge and not DAC-CTG planned Bullet train as shown in the map below).

1667467515872.png

Dhaka-Jessore rail link should be finished sometime next year. They may also have high speed trains on this trackage someday.
1667465103741.png

1667465143397.png

I don't know if the Karachi to Peshawar existing trackage can be used for such high speed railcars.

Sorry for the off topic Bangladesh references, just trying to illustrate the technicalities that Pakistan may face.

Attachments

• 1667465354912.png
    1667465354912.png
    393.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom