What's new

Help me: What do you think about this car?

Get a '99 Honda Civic Saloon.

252817751_3553182065.jpg

What you should be looking for is something that's reasonably good on petrol, cheap insurance, 1.2-1.8 engine and cheap road tax. Don't worry too much about "newness". Try to get something with less than 150,000 miles on it.

Well at least these are my parameters. I don't know how things are in the US.

...And I wouldn't buy an automatic just yet. Depends how good you are at driving a manual.

Its over priced... In this price you can find Honda accord, Toyota camry or Altima... If you are looking for a reliable car .. you can get a good BMW 3 series, I got my gf's BMW 325i 2003 coupe for 7900 last year.. Just keep looking, don't be in a rush

Mitsubishis not that good?
I had a mitsubisi lancer , 2007 model , its drive , sprint ,and comfort was matchless , As per my experience i drove the car for 4 .5 years , i have sold it now but i am missing that car very much . although i have brand new toyota corolla , but I LOVE MITSUBISHI.

img_city-modulo_lrg.jpg

i was first gonna go for skoda laura for my first car but later the honda city module version blew my mind away it hot looking, cheap and reliable at the same time i got it for 10.80 lakhs INR would be way cheeper there in the US

I had a mitsubisi lancer , 2007 model , its drive , sprint ,and comfort was matchless , As per my experience i drove the car for 4 .5 years , i have sold it now but i am missing that car very much . although i have brand new toyota corolla , but I LOVE MITSUBISHI.

Lots of users are saying Lancer is very slow. at least 1.3L engine.

Don't buy that eclipse, or any eclipse for that matter you're gonna pay more for gas on it in a year than the price you buy the car at

But again everything depends on your budget cap and the actual condition of the car.. The Lexus has a lot
Of miles but it can be worth it at $3000..still you'll have to drive it check owner history and all that stuff

Lots of users are saying Lancer is very slow. at least 1.3L engine.

Lancer is the best backed sedan in the world.. 160,000 trans and 5 years bumper to bumper can't beat that mate plus that thing has the best roadrage control..I'd get the lancer over any other sedan it's the most competitively priced and valued vehicle

Bluetooth heated seats lol you don't get that in any base model

I'm also planning to buy my first car next month (Ramadan season...lot of offers in ME)

I planned for a 2008 model second hand car, checked Civic & Tiida, but did not find a good worth my value. So going for a new one.

Short lists are Corolla, Tiida & Altima( if a corolla full option costs as much as a middle level Altima, then why not?)

Corolla and Altima are in different class tha Tiida-
Tiida looks ugly- Toyota have sworn ed not to change the shape of this model Corolla-
I'll say go for Altima- beautiful looking and a very nice car-

Infact as i have said earlier- Try Hyundai Elantra- and if in budget go for Sonata 2012- Panaroma-

Lancer is the best backed sedan in the world.. 160,000 trans and 5 years bumper to bumper can't beat that mate plus that thing has the best roadrage control..I'd get the lancer over any other sedan it's the most competitively priced and valued vehicle

Bluetooth heated seats lol you don't get that in any base model

i agree Lancer is one of the best sedan car , personal experience :) ...

Mitsubishis not that good?

The Gallant, was totally revved up as a serious family sedan after the '07/'08 model. Mostly in my experience, there were maintenance problems.

Other cars were better.

Corolla and Altima are in different class tha Tiida-
Tiida looks ugly- Toyota have sworn ed not to change the shape of this model Corolla-
I'll say go for Altima- beautiful looking and a very nice car-

Infact as i have said earlier- Try Hyundai Elantra- and if in budget go for Sonata 2012- Panaroma-

New Elantra looks very nice and fit the bill perfectly, money is also very less compared to the same class of Corolla. But no resale value in ME.

Tiida is good, specially hatch back. Price is also less, good resale value too.

The point is Elantra, Tiida & Corolla - all are same class. corolla is priced high - the same price of entry level 2.5L altima...

New Elantra looks very nice and fit the bill perfectly, money is also very less compared to the same class of Corolla. But no resale value in ME.

Tiida is good, specially hatch back. Price is also less, good resale value too.

The point is Elantra, Tiida & Corolla - all are same class. corolla is priced high - the same price of entry level 2.5L altima...

Hyundai is gaining market share in Saudia with the release of new Sonata- Elantra and Accent- and they are selling like cakes- Due to increase in demand their basic price has increased aswell- and eventually resale price will increase too- I say buy a Huyndai as future investment-

I have booked and Elantra :D-

Hyundai is gaining market share in Saudia with the release of new Sonata- Elantra and Accent- and they are selling like cakes- Due to increase in demand their basic price has increased aswell- and eventually resale price will increase too- I say buy a Huyndai as future investment-

I have booked and Elantra :D-

How much it cost in SA? is it 1.6 L?

The point is we expatriates does not have job security here, any time we might ask to go back. So better re sale value is always better. At least to cover the car loan. Thts why I look for Corolla, nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom