What's new

Help me: What do you think about this car?

This seems too good to be true, but I will check it out as soon as my brother wakes up..

:lol: I hope its not a practical joke. I know 4chan tossers put fake adverts on craigslist and stuff. Well gluk with the car hunt. first car am guessing?

You hardly see any here in Ireland. What do you prefer? I know lots of drivers say that you have more control with a manual.

Automatic is easier.. And most people who just started driving use automatic.

:lol: I hope its not a practical joke. I know 4chan tossers put fake adverts on craigslist and stuff. Well gluk with the car hunt. first car am guessing?

Yes, I was going to get a Nissan Maxima 2000 which was my brother second car, but its done.

How much it cost in SA? is it 1.6 L?

The point is we expatriates does not have job security here, any time we might ask to go back. So better re sale value is always better. At least to cover the car loan. Thts why I look for Corolla, nothing else.

On cash- elantra 1.8L GLS full option automatic transmission costs 61700 SAR-

About the job security- yup thats a risk we have to take- Toyota is best in terms of resale-

I just found a great deal I think..

$5526 ONLY 5,763 MILES

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1693.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

2011 FORD FIESTA SES

Creder what do you think?

thats a ridiculous deal, if he sells it at even double that price it would still be worth it..SES is like the loaded model and this hatchback is pretty popular..can you give me the link to this ad ?

lot of times dealers dont advertise the real price, they will give you a really low price and on the bottom it will say subject to a $10000 trade in lol

img_city-modulo_lrg.jpg

i was first gonna go for skoda laura for my first car but later the honda city module version blew my mind away it hot looking, cheap and reliable at the same time i got it for 10.80 lakhs INR would be way cheeper there in the US
No honda city in US

thats a ridiculous deal, if he sells it at even double that price it would still be worth it..SES is like the loaded model and this hatchback is pretty popular..can you give me the link to this ad ?

lot of times dealers dont advertise the real price, they will give you a really low price and on the bottom it will say subject to a $10000 trade in lol

Yes, you are right. Craigslist lied.

I went to the actually website.

Its 18,000

On the hunt again...

^^^

Are automatic cars very common in the US?
Yes.... Most people dont use Manual..
Real men drive manual...:azn:...But seriously...I paid for an automagic transmission overhaul/rebuild once out of necessity...Do not want to have such a cashectomy again. The bleeding from the wallet was painful and as profuse as the transmission fluid being drained and dumped.

Manual versus automatic transmission

The most transmission work, in terms of labor and cost, that I ever had to do on my Jeeps, a Cherokee and a CJ-7, were clutch plate changes and I did that with two floor jacks, some 2x4s, and hand tools. Once done, both Jeeps ran for at least a couple years more before needing another clutch plate change. Both Jeeps were 4-wheel drives so their transmissions were also coupled to transfer cases to engage the front axles. That made the work harder but I did them at home over the weekends. Not only were these daily drivers but also ran off-road to my favorite shooting spots. Front wheel drive manual trans. are much more difficult to change their clutch plates due to tight spaces so you may incur slightly more labor costs. So if you want to have automagic trans, do not abuse the car.

Whatever the car, please DO NOT install a worthless whale tail spoiler, some equally worthless ground effects 'aero' kit, a blatty exhaust, and some overpriced and oversized but low quality gauges. The driver usually look like a dork more than 'Fast and Furious'...:lol:

@Gambit:

Most desis in the US are over educated engineers , but with no practical knowledge of how a IC engine works:-)
Expecting an Indian or Pakistani to actually work on his car is unrealistic. Hence this premium on reliable cars that keep going for decades like the civiv, accord, camry, corolla etc.

Be careful if it's a private sale. If it's too good to be true, then there's probably something wrong with it.

Maybe some accident had happened or the owner had set back the odo.

Its done all the time in India. Hell even I have done it with my friend's Pulsar.

@Gambit:

Most desis in the US are over educated engineers , but with no practical knowledge of how a IC engine works:-)
Expecting an Indian or Pakistani to actually work on his car is unrealistic. Hence this premium on reliable cars that keep going for decades like the civiv, accord, camry, corolla etc.
Am not getting into that. My point was more about the transmission type. It is true that the Japanese have embarrassed American manufacturers for many years, but it is always true that when the time comes to pay for transmission repairs, a manual will cost less than an automagic any day. If longevity between major mechanical repairs is the wish, then learn how to drive a manual transmission. Chicks like that in a man anyway.

I thought I'll ask some internet fellas...

-7646847048136269441_7

-7646847048136269441_8

-2321616508979161048_2

Getting my first real car. What do you think? Any advice on good used reliable cheap cars?

If you can compromise for acceleration, Mitsubishi's cars are best cars. I had Lancer 2005, it was a pleasure drive. one of my friend had this one. I have driven this as well. I really love this car.

Real men drive manual...:azn:...But seriously...I paid for an automagic transmission overhaul/rebuild once out of necessity...Do not want to have such a cashectomy again. The bleeding from the wallet was painful and as profuse as the transmission fluid being drained and dumped.

Manual versus automatic transmission

The most transmission work, in terms of labor and cost, that I ever had to do on my Jeeps, a Cherokee and a CJ-7, were clutch plate changes and I did that with two floor jacks, some 2x4s, and hand tools. Once done, both Jeeps ran for at least a couple years more before needing another clutch plate change. Both Jeeps were 4-wheel drives so their transmissions were also coupled to transfer cases to engage the front axles. That made the work harder but I did them at home over the weekends. Not only were these daily drivers but also ran off-road to my favorite shooting spots. Front wheel drive manual trans. are much more difficult to change their clutch plates due to tight spaces so you may incur slightly more labor costs. So if you want to have automagic trans, do not abuse the car.

Whatever the car, please DO NOT install a worthless whale tail spoiler, some equally worthless ground effects 'aero' kit, a blatty exhaust, and some overpriced and oversized but low quality gauges. The driver usually look like a dork more than 'Fast and Furious'...:lol:

I am not, trust me..

Back
Top Bottom