What's new

Having No Religion but Still Believing in God

Not following any religion but still believing in god-correct or not?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
he he he, have you read C. Clayton Thompson's work " Revolutionary Brotherhood: Freemasonry and the Transformation of the American Social Order, 1730-1840" ? Really great read.

Unfortunately I haven't ! :(

I will do so; right after I finish reading the Twilight Series ! :ashamed:

I've got that book on my desk for the past so many years and I can't muster the enthusiasm to read it; something about vampires and romance makes me nauseous ! :bad:

So which philosophical or otherwise argument made a monotheist out of you ? :azn:

Whats you opinion about not following any religion? I mean, believe in god, just don't follow any particular religion.

Religions are often seen as pathways for reaching god, to lead a good life. How about believing in god without following a particular path. I mean, do not follow the customs given by any religion, just lead a good life doing good to you fellow beings, believe that if you do harm to others, harm will come to you. If you do good to others, good will come to you. No going to mosque, no going to temples, no going to guru mandirs, no going to churches not being an atheist either.

Believe that god is universal and there is no need to follow the customs of any particular religion to reach him.Just do good to you fellow beings, thats all.

Kindly cast your votes!

@levina, @SpArK ,@nair @kurup @Skull and Bones @sancho @Ravi Nair @Icewolf @gslv mk3 @DESERT FIGHTER @sreekumar @seiko @SOHEIL
If you are really a truth seeker then you must follow a religion,Believing in God and not following his chosen path is not much reasonable.If there is God then he has certain Rules,laws or principles and you have to act according to that other wise what is the point of belief ???

Unfortunately I haven't ! :(

I will do so; right after I finish reading the Twilight Series ! :ashamed:

I've got that book on my desk for the past so many years and I can't muster the enthusiasm to read it; something about vampires and romance makes me nauseous ! :bad:

So which philosophical or otherwise argument made a monotheist out of you ? :azn:
you read that crap
seriously if you are into vampires read the vampire cronicles no lovestory no shit

Whats you opinion about not following any religion? I mean, believe in god, just don't follow any particular religion.

Religions are often seen as pathways for reaching god, to lead a good life. How about believing in god without following a particular path. I mean, do not follow the customs given by any religion, just lead a good life doing good to you fellow beings, believe that if you do harm to others, harm will come to you. If you do good to others, good will come to you. No going to mosque, no going to temples, no going to guru mandirs, no going to churches not being an atheist either.

Believe that god is universal and there is no need to follow the customs of any particular religion to reach him.Just do good to you fellow beings, thats all.

Kindly cast your votes!

@levina, @SpArK ,@nair @kurup @Skull and Bones @sancho @Ravi Nair @Icewolf @gslv mk3 @DESERT FIGHTER @sreekumar @seiko @SOHEIL

Why you have to believe in God if you don't want to follow religion?

Why you have to believe in God if you don't want to follow religion?

Why do I have to believe in a religion to follow god?

:o:

I thought I did that ! :(

Forgive me!

im-sorry-please-forgive-me.jpg

I don't think its agnoticism, but as @levina pointed out my views are more close to deism. I believe in the sure existence of god-that makes me not-a-agnostic guy.

I think many of us here, I will admit that i am in this cadre, doubted some aspects of our religion -- at one point in time. There have been moments in my life where -- i thought -- "is this this necessary ?" , "does fasting, does penance, does tithing make me more appreciable in the sight of The Almighty ? "

This is normal. And what helped me was in a deeper , more personal spiritual exercise to know the Divine.

If you do believe in the Divine, but may or not agree to some aspects of your religion, then you should introspect the importance of the spiritualism and focus on a deeper, interpersonal exercise with the Divine.

I hope that helps, and I hope you find the solace that you yearn for with the Divine...

If you are really a truth seeker then you must follow a religion,Believing in God and not following his chosen path is not much reasonable.If there is God then he has certain Rules,laws or principles and you have to act according to that other wise what is the point of belief ???

This is exactly the mentality I am questioning. Why should people need a set of guidelines to love others, help others or do the world good? A mother does not need anybody to teach her how to love her child, does she?

Why you want to believe in God? Just become an atheist.

I believe in god, because I believe there is a divine force who watches us over. I believe there is one who makes sure that one who does good gets good in return in one way or the other, and those who do wrong gets wrong in return. But I do not believe in following any religion or customs to do good to others.

So I believe in god (therefore not an atheist) but follows no religion.

I believe in god, because I believe there is a divine force who watches us over. I believe there is one who makes sure that one who does good gets good in return in one way or the other, and those who do wrong gets wrong in return.

Why ? :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom