What's new

Group Captain Sachin Tendulkar!

And the group captains who are already there? A military personnel takes most offence when he / she is equated with a civilian and perhaps justifiably so.

Infact they hate to be even addressed by their title by a civilian. I speak this from personal experience. Though I agree it can be argued both ways but please do not discount the feeling.

Regards,
Anoop

I also said that about the jawans from the same rank. i.e grp captains. Here comapring any other civilian with sachin would be wrong. there are some qualities in the air force individuals of that rank which seperates them from the civiliand and that is what they are proud of, may be Sachin in the view of Air force officials was the best person to be selected with some extraordinary qualities which seperates him from any other individual, or equivalent to the qualities posessed by the air force individuals from that rank.Anyways, thats your opinion, and this is mine.so nothing much to argue. I finish here.

:D:D what holds back the youth from joining ?

Sometimes back there was shortage of 11k in army as it was reported

Quantity is never an issue quality is, cracking the NDA is tough nut, from every batch of close to 50k odd applicants 10-20 odd are selected, Indian armed forces wants to attract the best, the ones who get lured away to IITs and other more lucrative avenues

I think its a great gesture to give Sachin Hon rank. His accomplishments in Cricket cannot be over emphasised.

He also ticks all the boxes : He is young, got a very likeable personality, extremely popular amongst masses , an achiever for his country and a family guy. Who else could qualify better than him for the honour.

Its a win-win situation for everyone: Sachin has the rank and IAF got the right publicity and in result possibly a sharp rise in recruitment in future. If IAF is happy with it then why should anyone else have a problem.

BTW Who is next ? Amitabh Bachan for Air Vice Marshal ? Definitely my vote for him . :tup:

All the Indians love Sachin. I think ts the greatest honor of his life. Congrats to him.

So u guys want to hyr youth not with moral .... but with bollywood/sports team lovers interests... wow Amazing you guyz D-grade such important organization of your country..

So u guys want to hyr youth not with moral .... but with bollywood/sports team lovers interests... wow Amazing you guyz D-grade such important organization of your country..

just a move to recruit low IQ cricket crazy idiots for low end coolie jobs in the iaf

I think Total of 17 Indians who have this Honor .

are Sharukh Khan , Amir Khan Included?

Getting Sachin for brand ambassador was really smart move by IAF, but even before they ask youth to join and complain youngsters' reluctance they better introspect themselves:

1) Crashes that are almost a monthly ceremony

2) Lack of effective trainers at: basic, inter and advanced level

3) Delays in getting cutting edge fighters into the force, raising youth apprehensions of getting killed in a crash more likely than in a war

4) lagging behind in light and medium fighter fleet with only hope of air superiority resting on the heavy long range Su-30 MKIs and future PAKFAs.

With these 4 points, how does IAF expect young college students to join in?

all we want to see now is that sachin is conferred with 'bharat ratna'. no one deserves more than him..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom