What's new

General Raheel Sharif Likely To Command 34-Nation Saudi Alliance "conditionally"

Bravo. Nice to see some sense prevailing around here. What is to be noted is that indeed there are Pakistani's benefiting from GCC. For example in 2015 over $2 billion came from KSA into Pakistan. For that there will be millions of Pakistani's grateful and so they should be.

Equally just over $1 billion came from USA and Pakistani's will be grateful for that as well. There are also millions of Pakistan living comfortable lives in the West like myself and we directly or indirectly support Pakistan. For example the Pak disapora makes most of the visitors that throng Islamabad, Lahore etc international flights. We use PIA or other Pak carriers which again indirectly supports the Pakistan economy as it provides jobs.

However Pakistani's don't place saome special place for the West or America despite these benefits that accrue from there. Most Pakistani's regard those places as hostile. Nobody lauds US for the remittances or the jobs it or the wider West provides to Pakistanis.

On the other hand KSA and GCC are elevated to almost godly status and some here are suggesting should be defended with Pak blood. Therefore it is only expected that Pakistan recieves especial treatment given that it's people give GCC especial regard.

However the facts on the ground show otherwise. Indian's are the primary benefactors of GCC and recieve GCC especial treatment, India recieves over $75 billion from GCC. Now think about that figure please. $75 billion not one off payment. No, sir. $75 billion ever year. In two years it is $150 billion. In three years $225 billion.

Surprised? I bloody well am. Rest assured this makes absolute no differance to me. I lead a very prosperous life here in UK. However every time I go to Pakistan I see thousands of youth and young men either unemployed or part employed. They are desperate to go abroad to make decent money. Some of these men - no differant from me other than I was lucky pay smugglers money to get jobs abroad with many being fleeced or drowning in Mediteranean or shot by Greek border guards. Who am I to question these men for wanting better when my dad did exactly the same thing decades ago.

However if this GCC that so many Pakistani's elevate to godly staus had even a shred of respect for Pakistan they would give preferance to Pakistani workers in place of Indian's. That would slowly squeeze out the Indian's and trhat $75 billion would end up in Pakistan. The CPEC and Chinese loans of $46 one off investment would be like pennies compared to the tsunami of money that would flood into Pakistan if GCC adopted this as policy.

This preferantial jobs policy is widely practiced by countries to favour or punish other countries. I give one example. In my town I had never ran into a Pole. Within 5 years of 2004 at least 20% of some parts of my town are Polish. Indeed the largest immigrant community used to be Indians in UK. In less than 5 years the Poles have gone to become the second largest immigrant community in UK.

This happened because EU membership privilages, yes notice that word privilages Polish people to enjoy preferntial treatment. One of the foremost being Poles can come to UK and apply for and get any job they want. The second peferance they get for being EU member is Poland can openly export products to UK without any hindrance. The bottom line is Polish goods enjoy preferance compared to say Indian goods. Polish workers enjoy preferance to Indian workers. This has assured Poland will rise to become a very prosperous country within next decade or so.

Now think about this. Why the fvck the Poles got these preferantial treatments compared to say Indian's or Pakistani's? The reason is simple. The British relate to European, white, Christian Poles who are friends with them. Thus that friendship has been manifested in all the benefits being heaped on Poland.

Now compare what prefential treatment GCC has given Pakistan. The reality is at best Pak is treated same as India and possibly going by figures far worse. So GCC adopted the same policies UK has done for Poland etc yes I would agree Pakistan should be ready to fight for GCC at a moments notice.
And where was the West, when Pakistan got sanctioned for testing its bomb.. who has cushioned the losses of Pakistan due to the tests,, and for years and with billions $, and 50 000 barrels of Oil daily? KSA my friend..the real brothers, friends or call them what you want are the ones you find in dire situations, not only when you are at ease..

And for India, my friend, maybe you do not remember, but it was one of the poorest nations on earth not very far ago where famine was killing people by the millions. So many nation came to the rescue with different means, and among them some GCC member countries by recruiting Indians for nominal jobs, it seems like that policy has paid off for India, and that was the intent of the GCC since the beginning.. people seem to forget that India's Muslim population is huge and they also benefit.. So, it is like hitting two birds with one stone..

I fear Sir Raheel Shareef will ruin his own image in the process. This is a toothless organization designed to protect only & only KSA's interests & ideology.
Actually he knows better, he is a man with a reputation..read what the article said:

"According to the article, the sources have said that General (r) Raheel has asked that he will only command the alliance if he is also given the authority to arbitrate the conflict between the parties. He said that he will not command the army which will only fight to protect the interest of one single faction."

yeah it does , but If Arabs drag us to their Sectarian BS wars than i think it will be a bad idea. Good thing is RS is retired and he is not Representing Pakistan Army so whatever he do , its on his personal Level ..
According to the article, the sources have said that General (r) Raheel has asked that he will only command the alliance if he is also given the authority to arbitrate the conflict between the parties. He said that he will not command the army which will only fight to protect the interest of one single faction.

Actually he knows better, he is a man with a reputation..read what the article said:

"According to the article, the sources have said that General (r) Raheel has asked that he will only command the alliance if he is also given the authority to arbitrate the conflict between the parties. He said that he will not command the army which will only fight to protect the interest of one single faction."
Well, this is great then. But i fear that KSA Monarchy won't allow him to do so.

Back
Top Bottom