What's new

General Raheel Sharif Likely To Command 34-Nation Saudi Alliance "conditionally"

Valar Dohaeris

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A local news has quoted that General (r) Raheel Sharif has conditnally agreed to command 39 nation anti terrorism alliance of Muslim countries. While the article has also said that Iranian government has agreed to accept Pakistan's role as an arbitrator in the Yemen conflict which will be also lead by GRS.
According to the article, the sources have said that General (r) Raheel has asked that he will only command the alliance if he is also given the authority to arbitrate the conflict between the parties. He said that he will not command the army which will only fight to protect the interest of one single faction.
The source told that Iran govt has conveyed a written message via its Pakistani embassy that if GRS will assume the command of alliance having the authority of an arbitrator than Iran will not only cooperate to control Yemen crisis but also help to bring Houthis on a dialogue table.
GRS had also expressed these wishes before Saudi and Turkish authorities during his meetings.
Currently, Islamic Military Alliance to Fight Terrorism (IMFAT) members strength is 39 countries.

Last edited:
Even if all this is "GUARENTEED", this will be very very risky.

A lot of forces, who want to wage war, will try and destroy GRS efforts. The coalition of 39 Islamic countries is very varied and with lot of internal differences and conflicting views. These will be exploited by the enemy forces and agencies.

I feel for this GREAT MAN, if he accepts this post.

He is a true warrior but not a mean politician.

A local news has quoted that General (r) Raheel Sharif has conditnally agreed to command 34 nation anti terrorism alliance of Muslim countries. While the article has also said that Iranian government has agreed to accept Pakistan's role as an arbitrator in the Yemen conflict which will be also lead by GRS.
According to the article, the sources have said that General (r) Raheel has asked that he will only command the alliance if he is also given the authority to arbitrate the conflict between the parties. He said that he will not command the army which will only fight to protect the interest of one single faction.
The source told that Iran govt has conveyed a written message via its Pakistani embassy that if GRS will assume the command of alliance having the authority of an arbitrator than Iran will not only cooperate to control Yemen crisis but also help to bring Houthis on a dialogue table.
GRS had also expressed these wishes before Saudi and Turkish authorities during his meetings.
Currently, Islamic Military Alliance to Fight Terrorism (IMFAT) members strength is 39 countries.
Source??????????/
link?????/

. The coalition of 39 Islamic countries is very varied and with lot of internal differences and conflicting views. These will be exploited by the enemy forces and agencies.

Just draw from the Islamist parts of Islamic countries and boom unified force!

i doubt this will happen ... because the Arabs and Persians have a Giant size ego and they will not really accept to take command from a non Arab .. but if it happen i will welcome it
He was already offered the job but his engagement as COAS of PA did not allow him so he declined.

i doubt this will happen ... because the Arabs and Persians have a Giant size ego and they will not really accept to take command from a non Arab .. but if it happen i will welcome it
You're wrong on many levels. Pakistanis have served in Arab armies many times, primarily as high-ranking officers. In Fact, the first 3 Air-chiefs of UAE were all Pakistanis... and that's just one fact.

Which countries will contribute forces?
Where will they be deployed?
Who decides which group is 'friend' or 'foe'?
What is Iran's role?

You're wrong on many levels. Pakistanis have served in Arab armies many times, primarily as high-ranking officers. In Fact, the first 3 Air-chiefs of UAE were all Pakistanis... and that's just one fact.

Wake me up when it happens , until than i want to keep my opinion ... you are free to do so

If it happens it would be a great honor , and otherwise , the General has no problem spending his remaining time with his family

Calling BS.

Raheel Shareef will ride into the sunset.

Back
Top Bottom