What's new

General Cricket thread

First of all,
I would like to congratulate my fellow Pakistani cricket fans ,since international game play has returned after several years.:D
Anxious for other cricket team's visit.Any news and updates regarding with upcoming tours will be definitely appreciated.
Regards
Good information.

Had the most brilliant Cricket game yesterday, @anant_s . We had a match against some big boys who play across the other side of the street, batted first got 41 in 8 overs. And we won by 14 runs. You should have seen their faces, priceless.
that was very low scoring match ! ! ! !:o:

And they had some really good batsmen for street cricket. I think they took us very lightly, lol.
did u play in the field or in street ?
what is the usual score in 10 overs in your street cricket ?

did u play in the field or in street ?
Street, it's quite opened compared to a typical street cricket field where you usually only have a mid on and a mid off. We are lucky to have Mid wicket and covers open, nothing behind fine leg or point.
what is the usual score in 10 overs in your street cricket ?
We usually don't have 10 overs, 8 is most of the times maximum we would have. I think the average score in say 5 overs is 60 to 70. I have a 100 plus score being made in 6 overs.

We usually don't have 10 overs, 8 is most of the times maximum we would have. I think the average score in say 5 overs is 60 to 70. I have a 100 plus score being made in 6 overs.
I played in field mostly and you reminded me that we used to play 3-4 days test match, 45 overs per day :P

Glad you created a thread for cricket but these days, weather changed from winters to hot summer. I don't think many of us even watching latest Pak WD series. I am not watching it :)

There are number of other sports but don't know why we from childhood to a young man, always likes cricket.

I'm deliberately trying to avoid getting into that debate brother.
read some comments and found it terrible the way several posters are responding to whole situation.
My point of view on whole matter right now is that there is a legal procedure laid down and let that be followed.
I'm sure the person in question will be given a fair chance to appeal against the verdict and Indian government will spare no efforts in ensuring good legal assistance. The diplomatic pressure too has a role to play and i'm waiting to see how things pan out.
that said i still feel sorry the way some comments are coming, in media as well as here on forum.

I'm deliberately trying to avoid getting into that debate brother.
read some comments and found it terrible the way several posters are responding to whole situation.
My point of view on whole matter right now is that there is a legal procedure laid down and let that be followed.
I'm sure the person in question will be given a fair chance to appeal against the verdict and Indian government will spare no efforts in ensuring good legal assistance. The diplomatic pressure too has a role to play and i'm waiting to see how things pan out.
that said i still feel sorry the way some comments are coming, in media as well as here on forum.
Crap man, wrong link...
sorry

wrong link...
i thought so!

btw, is there a national level academy supported by PCB for above work.
i mean corporate sponsorship and scholarships are always welcome, but on under 14/15 and under 17/19 levels, you require proper training, coaching and medical fitness experts and that job on a massive scale (given huge number of aspiring players), should always be in purview of national board.

08viv3.jpg

Back in those days of uncovered pitches and no helmets protection even against bowlers like Lillie, Thomson, Imran, Sir Vivian's aggression to take on hostile fast bowling is a feat, that shall remain unmatched.
Happy Birthday!

Back in those days of uncovered pitches and no helmets protection even against bowlers like Lillie, Thomson, Imran, Sir Vivian's aggression to take on hostile fast bowling is a feat, that shall remain unmatched.
The key was fearless, which we don't see today even with batsmen with helmets. Short ball scares them.

Back
Top Bottom