What's new

Gandhara Civilization,Trademark of Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comprehension problem? where did i mention i am claiming it? i just asked for the name of the ruler?

Mughals ruled over vast areas residing by hindus so does it mean those areas belong to Mughals ?

Mughals ruled over vast areas residing by hindus so does it mean those areas belong to Mughals ?

Janaji ,i simply asked for name of the ruler

I never claimed if it was a Hindu ruler ,the lands should continue to belong to Hindus.

Indian civilization is the oldest civilization in history and it will always be called Indian civilization no matter what !!

Just want to interject here with some historical facts people seem to be forgetting.
1. It is not called an "Indian civilization" it is called the "Indus civilization" there is a difference
2. India was NEVER a nation until 1947, it was always warring states who occasionally were conquered and integrated into an empire.
3. The Original vedic religion of the area called Pakistan was Buddhism but the Hindus forcibly converted the Buddhist to Hindus by the time the Muslims had gotten there. That's why there are not many Buddhist left in Pakistan, or India for that matter.

gandhara and taxila had buddism as religion not hinduism buddism is nepali religion not indian

gandhara and taxila had buddism as religion not hinduism buddism is nepali religion not indian

Ehhhhh.. i thought even Buddha was born in 520-620 BC. So its not that old, the civilisation, if ur argument is true.

Ehhhhh.. i thought even Buddha was born in 520-620 BC. So its not that old, the civilisation, if ur argument is true.

and i think u must bring google to your rescue, it might help

Serious identity deficit showing up on this thread or with such a havoc caused by fellow countrymen, few are trying to move to the culture of their ancestors before they were converted forcibly.. All i can do is sympathize with you all and wish you good luck in your endeavor!!

Serious identity deficit showing up on this thread or with such a havoc caused by fellow countrymen, few are trying to move to the culture of their ancestors before they were converted forcibly.. All i can do is sympathize with you all and wish you good luck in your endeavor!!

and how did u figure, we were forcibly converted, muslims anywhere in the world were not forcibly converted, the first few muslims were not kings and queens, to forcibly convert the non muslims??

your indian history syllabus which teaches forceful conversion, i dunno what sort of hatred filled knowledge you are taught and included in your school course books

^^^
I don't want to argue with you as i have seen your posts on this thread which makes no sense at all but i seriously find it funny when a Mohajir (as your countrymen call you), who moved from India in 47, are claiming the ancient civilization of the land at the same time getting defensive on any Indian connection to it..

Hindus love to perpetuate the myth of forced conversions, but lets take a logical look at things.
India was under Muslim control for over 800 years, that is a long time to force people to convert. Yet only 15% (30% if you include Pakistan) became Muslim. Now either the "forced conversion" Indians are taught is a lie or Muslims were so bad at it that they only managed to convert 30% in 800 years. Now lets look at Buddhism. Buddhism was the dominant religion at one point, it was even spread by Asoka the Great. But now there are hardly any Buddhists left in India, why is that? Could it be due to the forced conversions that happened in the centuries following Asoka? It seems far more likely that the Buddhist were forcibly converted to Hinduism as there are hardly any left vs Hindus forcibly converted to Islam since more then 85% of India is still Hindu.

Just want to interject here with some historical facts people seem to be forgetting.
1. It is not called an "Indian civilization" it is called the "Indus civilization" there is a difference
How does that make a difference as Indian itself is generated from Indus??. If fighting over name then there are No mention of Pakistan in any textbooks 60-70 years ago so lets not discuss about that. Whole world knows 1947 as partition of British India as India and Pak except ofcourse people like you.

One more clarification for You, Pakistan was a land given for Muslims who want to separate state for Muslims, few migrated, few didn't, few made East Pakistan which later changed to Bangladesh. Now before 1971, If India does not have right on Indus valley civilzation then how half of Pakistan (Now B'desh) claims Gandhara/ Indus valley civilization?? Migration of people and current land does not authorize cultural heritage for respective era as land changes people come and go.
2. India was NEVER a nation until 1947, it was always warring states who occasionally were conquered and integrated into an empire.
Right, India was not there but Indus was there Indus civilization was there.There were group of kingdoms were there which were called as India and that is why in 1400 AD Columbus was in search of India and not Kamboj/Gandhar. This is also evident why Red Indians/Indiana states were on name of Indians because of mistakes made by explorer. Oops no Pakistan here again same India!!

History problem or denial we u'stand both. It is just reflex of Inferiority complex.
3. The Original vedic religion of the area called Pakistan was Buddhism but the Hindus forcibly converted the Buddhist to Hindus by the time the Muslims had gotten there. That's why there are not many Buddhist left in Pakistan, or India for that matter.

Again trying to be History professor?? Hindus forcibly converted Buddists to become Hindus.. Great!!.. Just check then if your forefathers were forced to convert by Mughals/Mongols.. Equation completed..

Anyways, just to enlighten you (God knows why i am trying!!) First of all there were no religions as Hindu that time.. it was a blanket geographical name so if you are so obsessed with Indus then you are also Hindu as Allama iqbal says "Saare jahan se Accha Hindositan hamara".. He was not praising a religious Hindu land and then making a Muslim land named as Pakistan.

So fight was between Vedic (Sanatan) and non-vedic religion (Buddhist or Jain) but then assimilation of Buddhists and Sanatan dharmi took place when Buddha was considered as 9th Avatar for Lord Vishnu.

PS: For all sane people who want to accept cultural heritage then learn it from Iran, those who are Muslims today but respect there Aryan roots and Persian culture.

you know nothing about history mate..
i agree vedics and budhists had fights but that was because they were going against vedic philosophy..vedas are strictly against idol worship and polytheism..but budhists started building huge statues of budha which attracted many vedics into budhism..this was serious issue by then and vedics failed...as a result so called hinduism evolved which started promoting idol worship and had huge influence of budhism on it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom