What's new

Gandhara Civilization,Trademark of Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
After failing to destroy the 1,700-year-old sandstone statues of Buddha with anti-aircraft and tank fire, the Taliban brought a lorryload of dynamite from Kabul. A Western observer said: "They drilled holes into the torsos of the two statues and then placed dynamite charges inside the holes to blow them up."

ofi Annan, the United Nations Secretary-General, had pleaded with the Taliban's foreign minister, Wakil Ahmad Muttawakil, in Islamabad yesterday to save Afghanistan's cultural heritage. He was told that all other "moveable statues" - including more than a dozen smaller Buddha statues in the Kabul Museum - had also been destroyed.

Mullah Wakil insisted that the edict was an internal matter for Afghanistan and had been "excessively exagerrated in the outside world and the media". He said the Taliban had no intention to disrespect any other religion. "We do admit the relics were the cultural heritage of Afghanistan, but the part that contradicts our Islamic beliefs we would not like to have them any more." Mullah Wakil said the edict had been under discussion by the Taliban authorities for more than a year and did not permit the removal of the statues to other countries - which Japan, India and New York's Metropolitan Museum had offered to do.

After 1,700 years, Buddhas fall to Taliban dynamite - Telegraph

Am sure destroying the Buddha statues didn't cost any money, which could have been given to the famine effected Afghan civilians. :tdown:

Do you have any source for that first claim of yours?

And God quite the justification for destroying those century old statues. Even if we believe this story of yours, why couldn't the oh so humane Taliban use their money to buy food for their people(whom they cared about so much) instead of buying RPG's to blow up the statue?:disagree:

Hindus like to claim that they were forced to convert to Islam in the 800 years that Muslims ruled, but this claim is laughable since 85% of India today is Hindu. I am simply making a counter claim based on historical evidence. Around Asoka the great's time the majority of Pakistan area was Buddhist but by the time Muslims came over there were non to be found. What happened to them?

As for the Taliban, it is rather disgusting to me that you are holding the lives of humans as trivial over a bunch of rocks. In your mind it's okay for people to die as long as a rock stays standing? I am not saying if it was right or wrong for them to have destroyed it (I think it was wrong) but certainly you can understand their frustration as their people were in famine.

Hindus like to claim that they were forced to convert to Islam in the 800 years that Muslims ruled, but this claim is laughable since 85% of India today is Hindu. I am simply making a counter claim based on historical evidence. Around Asoka the great's time the majority of Pakistan area was Buddhist but by the time Muslims came over there were non to be found. What happened to them?

85% of India might be Hindu, but lets not forget that 99% of Pakistan is Muslim now, and If you are going to say that your forefathers weren't converts rather they are from Arabia or some country then I have got nothing to say. Anyways that off topic.

I asked if you had any source to back up your claim that Afghanistan or NWFP regions of Pakistan weren't Buddhists but Hindus, when Islam came to the region?

As for the Taliban, it is rather disgusting to me that you are holding the lives of humans as trivial over a bunch of rocks. In your mind it's okay for people to die as long as a rock stays standing? I am not saying if it was right or wrong for them to have destroyed it (I think it was wrong) but certainly you can understand their frustration as their people were in famine.

Now you are putting words in my mouth. My point was that ok Westerners didn't give money, but just how exactly using dynamite to blow up centuries old statues helped the cause of the famished afghan civilians?

Did they get to eat the broken rock pieces from the statue did they? Couldn't the taliban use the money it wasted on say dynamite, to feed its people?

Civilt%C3%A0ValleIndoMappa.png

The Indus civilization spreaded much beyond Indus valley. From present day's Afghanistan, Baluchistan, Sindh, Punjub, Manda near Jammu, Gujrat and North Maharashtra in the south. SO making it Indian or Pakistani as per present political border is ultimate stupidity.

Core of the IVC was the Indus River, belonging to its primary descendents in modern-day Pakistan.

Core of the IVC was the Indus River, belonging to modern-day Pakistan.

True but there were no India-Afghan-Pakistan boundaries then. It was more of a shared ancestry in that area.

True but there were no India-Afghan-Pakistan boundaries then. It was more of a shared ancestry in that area.

Sure, but historical river civilizations can be classified as sort of having a 'natural' boundary around the river or immediate region.

Sure, but historical river civilizations can be classified as sort of having a 'natural' boundary around the river or immediate region.

That's true as well. It still doesn't change the fact the people crossed the river lol preserving the same culture, customs, traditions etc.

I think the people that share the same traditions/history of those from Punjab Pakistan would be those from India Punjab, Haryana etc
Those of Sindh also share the same customs/history to those of Rajasthan and Gujarat..

There was a lot of resettlement as well which they (Vedic peoples) split up in modern day Punjab (Pakistan and India), Sindh, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Haryana etc.

That's true as well. It still doesn't change the fact the people crossed the river lol preserving the same culture, customs, traditions etc.

I think the people that share the same traditions/history of those from Punjab Pakistan would be those from India Punjab, Haryana etc
Those of Sindh also share the same customs/history to those of Rajasthan and Gujarat..

There was a lot of resettlement as well which they (Vedic peoples) split up in modern day Punjab (Pakistan and India), Sindh, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Haryana etc.

Some cultural diffusion. Sure. Fine. No problem. And still doesn't change the fact Indus was the core of IVC and its primary descendents live in modern day Pakistan.

Some cultural diffusion. Sure. Fine. No problem. And still doesn't change the fact Indus was the core of IVC and its primary descendents live in modern day Pakistan.

Ok. People from the IVC were pakistanis even though pakistan didn't exist prior to the 1947 partition. Happy?

And while you're at it change the Indian Subcontinent, Indian Ocean, British East India Company to the pakistani subcontinent, pakistani ocean and British East pakistani Company. :lol:

Jeeeesh

That statement is not certainly true.IVC was extremely long ago and if you guys are truly followers of that system,you would have never converted from that religion.

Pakistanis' forefathers are most likely turk/perisan/central asian warriors/fighters/mercenaries.

:rofl::rofl: Indian civilization :rofl::rofl: i did read about INDUS civilization in our history books of oxford but Here indians have formed their own civilization by replacing names of Indus :rofl:

Civilt%C3%A0ValleIndoMappa.png

The Indus civilization spreaded much beyond Indus valley. From present day's Afghanistan, Baluchistan, Sindh, Punjub, Manda near Jammu, Gujrat and North Maharashtra in the south. SO making it Indian or Pakistani as per present political border is ultimate stupidity.

rite said and indus civilization covers almost whole pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom