What's new

Gallup Pakistan: 92% of survey respondents say Karachi is the best place to live

Morpheus

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Gallup Pakistan: 92% of survey respondents say Karachi is the best place to live

761608_6515724_170492_538965_updates_updates.jpg
Bird's view of Charminar Chowrangi in Karachi. Photo: AKASEE Facebook/fFile
  • 91% of respondents are worried about Karachi's sanitation situation
  • 17% said Sea View was their favourite place in the city.
  • About 81% expressed concern over the rising crime rate.
About 92% of the respondents of a survey said the City of Lights is the best place to live, while 17% said the Sea View was their most likable aspect of the city.

The survey was conducted by Gallup Pakistan.

761608_2382154_3_updates.jpg

According to the survey, a whopping 91% of Karachiites have expressed serious concerns over the poor sanitation situation of the city.

761608_5785016_1_updates.jpg

Moreover, the respondents shared that the most displeasing factor about the city is the inadequate garbage disposal/ littering (32%) all over the city.
Whereas, 27% opined that the biggest challenge faced by residents of the city is contaminated water supply.

761608_2051926_2_updates.jpg

Meanwhile, about 81% expressed serious concerns over the rising crime rate, and 8 out of 10 citizens, which constitute 82% of the respondents, have shared that they felt safe in their neighborhood during the day.

However, 18% said they were unsafe, 63% said they were safe and 37% said they were unsafe at night.
When quizzed about the quality of life in Karachi, 92% of respondents deem Karachi ‘favourable’ for a living but are ‘dissatisfied’ with the cleanliness situation in the city (91%) and feel ‘unsafe’ due to the rate of violent crimes (60%) in the city.
Unveiling the political inclination of the residents of Karachi, the report revealed that 43% of the respondents did not cast a vote in the last local body election, as per survey results.

761608_2571411_5_updates.jpg

Interestingly, nearly two in five of the respondents knew the name of the city's mayor, whereas 33% did not respond.
Moreover, 36% are of the opinion that they will not cast their vote in the next general elections.

761608_3623705_6_updates.jpg

The survey also revealed that nearly two in five of the respondents claim ‘GEO News’ as their favourite one.

+++++++++++++++++

Another government promise fulfilled.

Now people will come from outside to take benefit from state of the art modern city of Karachi.

It is a miracle how in 2 years the city has turned itself around.

The key laying ceremony of eradicating terrorism by Honorable President Zardari and Honorable PM Sharif made this possible.

Rejoice the people of Kolachi !!

Trust me, other than the memories, it's not.

No its dumpster of Pakistan, i went Karachi in 2018-19 its garbage prone city, yahan se awam ke Khdimoon ki hokumat nikal do pihr sub theek ho jai ga

100% true the ones who lives in Karachi knows it is the best place to live in.

every one likes the place where they live.

Karachi is literary the best and true metropolitan city of Pakistan i have travelled almost every big city of Pakistan and live in Karachi.

100% true the ones who lives in Karachi knows it is the best place to live in.

every one likes the place where they live.

Karachi is literary the best and true metropolitan city of Pakistan i have travelled almost every big city of Pakistan and live in Karachi.
No once was but currently its a dumpster, no development of infrastructures, thanks to sindh awam ki khadim hukomat, karachi's condition is terrible right now

No once was but currently its a dumpster, no development of infrastructures, thanks to sindh awam ki khadim hukomat, karachi's condition is terrible right now
again you are wrong as usual, you are talking to someone who is living in Karachi not like you who once visited it years ago.

761608_6515724_170492_538965_updates_updates.jpg
Bird's view of Charminar Chowrangi in Karachi. Photo: AKASEE Facebook/fFile
  • 91% of respondents are worried about Karachi's sanitation situation
  • 17% said Sea View was their favourite place in the city.
  • About 81% expressed concern over the rising crime rate.
About 92% of the respondents of a survey said the City of Lights is the best place to live, while 17% said the Sea View was their most likable aspect of the city.

The survey was conducted by Gallup Pakistan.

761608_2382154_3_updates.jpg

According to the survey, a whopping 91% of Karachiites have expressed serious concerns over the poor sanitation situation of the city.

761608_5785016_1_updates.jpg

Moreover, the respondents shared that the most displeasing factor about the city is the inadequate garbage disposal/ littering (32%) all over the city.
Whereas, 27% opined that the biggest challenge faced by residents of the city is contaminated water supply.

761608_2051926_2_updates.jpg

Meanwhile, about 81% expressed serious concerns over the rising crime rate, and 8 out of 10 citizens, which constitute 82% of the respondents, have shared that they felt safe in their neighborhood during the day.

However, 18% said they were unsafe, 63% said they were safe and 37% said they were unsafe at night.
When quizzed about the quality of life in Karachi, 92% of respondents deem Karachi ‘favourable’ for a living but are ‘dissatisfied’ with the cleanliness situation in the city (91%) and feel ‘unsafe’ due to the rate of violent crimes (60%) in the city.
Unveiling the political inclination of the residents of Karachi, the report revealed that 43% of the respondents did not cast a vote in the last local body election, as per survey results.

761608_2571411_5_updates.jpg

Interestingly, nearly two in five of the respondents knew the name of the city's mayor, whereas 33% did not respond.
Moreover, 36% are of the opinion that they will not cast their vote in the next general elections.

761608_3623705_6_updates.jpg

The survey also revealed that nearly two in five of the respondents claim ‘GEO News’ as their favourite one.

+++++++++++++++++
hhahahaa they obviously needs to get out more......Won`t even think of living in that city!

again you are wrong as usual, you are talking to someone who is living in Karachi not like you who once visited it years ago.
I am living in karachi my whole life, seen all and still living in karachi. Dont lie its all dirt, garbage, without proper roads plus everyone coming in karachi from punjab, sindh nd throw garbage on every street corner because they cant pay kachra wala 100 rupees per month to collect garbage from their homes.

Karachi was once a beautiful place, now its worst city to live in. May be u r in dha or bahria town

I am living in karachi my whole life, seen all and still living in karachi. Dont lie its all dirt, garbage, without proper roads plus everyone coming in karachi from punjab, sindh nd throw garbage on every street corner because they cant pay kachra wala 100 rupees per month to collect garbage from their homes.

Karachi was once a beautiful place, now its worst city to live in. May be u r in dha or bahria town
i didnt said Karachi is like Dubai all clean, it all depends where you live. furthermore to be the best city only cleanliness is not the case still Karachi is the most lively city in Pakistan, the food, the people, the openness, karachi is best.

some people loves to live in dirt dont want to pay only 100 rupee per month to Kachra wala but happy to spend 100s daily on gutka paan and ciggerate are the people who deserve to live in Kachra in my view.

Back
Top Bottom