What's new

Future of Pakistan's Indigenous EW & Radar Systems

That Brigadier sab is seriously out of shape.
Bajwa doesn't look happy his fitness.

In future we should make our own system mounted on a business jet for MPAs and for AWAC like Saab and Rafael.
This thread will focus on Pakistan's Indigenous EW & Radar Systems that are in development or have been developed .

During this clip on a visit to NRTC 2 new different types of Ground surveillance systems can be seen. (total 4 shown in twitter and you tube videos of same event)

Objekt 1

vdCuk2t.png

This Surveillance system is equipped with GSR (Ground Surveillance Radar ) , and 2 camera's so possibly FLIR / Day sights .

Objekt 2

zzcxb1u.png

This Surveillance system is equipped with 2 cameras , Day & Night sights , lacks a radar , or the radar is yet to be fitted.

Further more in a different version of video on you tube at least 2 more different types GSR's can be seen . see below

VjiantZ.png

hWVKHx3.png

Possible EW system

f0hCCp9.jpg

In addition at the end of video a system mounted on truck is shown but only the cab of truck of truck is shown so it is difficult to find what system that is but as the videos main focus is GSR's & EW systems , so the COAS having shown GSR's in middle of video would likely be showed EW systems next , In addition there is presence of a large box on the truck which is likely not for GSR and is thus a EW system in development .

Post your opinions or any other info you have . Please refrain from unnecessary comments on this thread .

That Brigadier sab is seriously out of shape.
Bajwa doesn't look happy his fitness.

In future we should make our own system mounted on a business jet for MPAs and for AWAC like Saab and Rafael.

Like i said please refrain from unnecessary comments on threads i make . thank you

Secondly , the EW system any info on that would be appreciated .

Third , NRTC/NESCOM is also a developing a highly advanced Jamming system , based on a vehicle , similar to a toyota hilux based jammers we see around , but highly complex and a quite heavy system for IED threat protection . Any more info on that would also be appreciated .

talking about necop. feel free to visit anytime.

yeah, like I said, up and running.

nope. a lot of money, the psdp time frame has been extended as well.

Very glad to hear, thought it was another casualty of the dark ages. So it is all that it was planned for and more?

talking about necop. feel free to visit anytime.

yeah, like I said, up and running.

nope. a lot of money, the psdp time frame has been extended as well.

Would you be willing to outline the mandate, capabilities and major focus areas of NECOP? Nothing classified, just an overview.

yaap under NRTC booth in 2018

do you have that tender available with you ... If yes plz post
upload_2020-4-1_11-18-40.png upload_2020-4-1_11-19-23.png upload_2020-4-1_11-19-41.png upload_2020-4-1_11-20-11.png

Would you be willing to outline the mandate, capabilities and major focus areas of NECOP? Nothing classified, just an overview.

View attachment 619675 View attachment 619676 View attachment 619677 View attachment 619678
Electronics :p:

So it is all that it was planned for and more?
well, a lot of foreign trainings have been conducted, some tech transfer was included as well (CETC ripped the GoPak off big time on that). dont know much apart from that.

View attachment 619675 View attachment 619676 View attachment 619677 View attachment 619678
beam steering? so they are working on some sort of phased array radar?

going through the tender, it looks like that they only need connectors, and SP components, the controller has already been made (maybe). and if its for airborne systems, then we are talking about a local aircraft based phased array radar (maybe)

yaap under NRTC booth in 2018
an AI cloud is simply a server containing a lot of GPUs, can come with pre-trained models. maybe they are just offering their server to other spd organizations.

I will in the evening.

Until then, some other snaps:

PQt4g7xXqCh2yc39HbOMeOKfONoHmKAQBF4cBMCu9ifSWVPNpmat4rkWBXXZXC5sDa73irlJRrqVR1AfD5-CIXi6CWm1hJfg-cyTs4htKO4Jxnm4VorI00E66PzX-zV3rV-zW2b_PkNfUsaAcT5jQq0-g7AkIyaeMAfK3U6JDaRF_1o7NFWz0OBNNcPkiI9d2ZN9WGyxEGK7saqTaT7Iv9kNY6pj2hxZgPJz7bmWCr-DgQjVisGZ3LmnZEOYci-tkdcgiAe08UYqEak9yIMf_zDOvP0Y_UNAuxjVbaIY418fDU_WhMi21OR_NqSd9QEs2LSqJa6gZrFyQLB9dTk1oAQt68DU7c2_qOAq4ulQJRNrnF9gXRf_5-oxIqtujJMn4X_ddtcGnY4GY_0r6zr-O2dYLXw8_dceXCcXmI4TELHUyO_l6JnCwRaLUYcsc8VKZr_cpxZaT3zSW_73sjFxo4qAj8c5jBZyVDQF4p-eXEWj38-QzoAL0tR-GtMegbWMwNxetR67IfExsQIE_YsEAWxYFxWOrG_euaWJJ7_lD7OtIBaDwZWw2Q0h6iQhF9aeO_DXk_qEqvWAHjSxwQz6xDM1fMiXymmAm2EWd0NJCPh3uAr0j7i_z3RT0yJjryHTL4SHfRDIpbuNVbxesKQ39dwksWB06s5C_Uq-rB56pgC1JhxxO-drk3V_nBUa=w1292-h969-no

BD2BButgZmPf6RQMiEqxabjHz9e4gHubW2Q1QgSkoXikIsbljosxR8O8ohkpmotK9MfwT7jST1u-ieRUG0XJLJDEwZDmdT_JWIwYnc_TCvXPtLoQDosn69S01haVT1u54r2gRAEuhTwzDJbXbTlvO7oq2KaplPGJ_XWRzvs5S6o2SqXsPywmtqLbDwcwNKOMLZgV_ccglyQ7XYl5cbBkDt2CxVf_rwRp1t8pwb_Z3pZmgpLTaR5Ch0E0uSx8C_xUXTmj9gxnA_AAK9wBONDgVyyGDvu1Mv1kd6MsshxC3paGaid3rda_a8l5rVxAeM9JUL35I0dvw9d6CKqNWjE-7Lu124xkV7XO_5S6cwv6KC5yGqst1pb_PAoehN3E4y6K4xBpeLR54hdU0xpN6LXhBQD1Rl3gZL47Z77Xg42jOHOqJ5YzcwXKrywTD058IQN6wRUk1oy8TXmfMdOA7e1mkV7YNs5BCwy0P_-d00vm8kujDNjV-QAv_rmJvUJPRKDJXCs4abjN_kXowB7VS6tB1uvUYlQzPrYHt1NZtca97gLO-pNcZRVS4eSI2QnajNJBiYynnYXdOHKnza-b67ijaaMgysbirmj9ApN6tIsFuamKvHf_9zq1GN7OqCLRXyctLyoZYSnAwg6Cpe5SmJcuOwzTLmu7s2b8ikZp_w88B8foH3PtIJ4YrzSKFaAn=w1292-h969-no

GLt93rxk-7gN9ofe6t_OIb2WC15YF_4jUOy8BYtYQmhuCMpQahaz__WtqntVjGE5IHBFaWL2srx0S1LmiCwuUWaP87h8B6_cyRs9SukVfOriJdshG0Adb9c9JuHFx902sLuhhyKgyuWyVAADRxiP6a8UwJ9YikmjAgCTxp_Iz0MVTWTW5FgUlGGNHY_uSRqGKHU0m5k-xSbfqYIevt_pWBUXPOiUxNET9wSC0AOT5C4dinSbb3-mkYPLiDeNE2wD-L4FZQaUIEITW6Sm2Y0vWRK51P35Ge0M14Qu347dj1Ob4dOBkWRDdM1iB8J5D905IZYkKrFvpc-A1gxi8ELAmAcZf6aPMgSlSofmfC_QumzsGlRT2NMSeCZaMMUNkCKY7u07oxXuctZ3sbAtqXcEtB7GVbO_ZN-o3PFLc5votkUFy-fgzj_baDh0pzxtw6MHxT3NBzUxCllOMqsbUW9QIWxexEvhGe0xEbOCMC6X7BhHrvgftLEn4VNypg7tWw6xlbdpUcJXG9HLPCatcXbIAo7WNmiv7FiWu3031Q5qvONajbx2YZBEvXssGhyDIrZJO085NytGLpngE3zdcmZzByDW2fNIa2FYYa2HdZGYTajNdYlxAk8tjGvD3azaPc_AFW_xVCug9s75Zuj8CtqPuK2sB1R9ziwoLVIRPp_SJje9KzxjZ2K4YyYHvKxO=w727-h969-no

bFhiT03fkAPQymW1aM6ZK02IABoAE1T6-u3AQ4eCFinhNDSk-isBvCbEPMuIyym6WNrPg7jk4f06aluj1bRC6PQhJowI2TMBEwOD-uAMjJKlEWEU9lLGxKku-sPR03qT-JtmtmUJlf60PpB2lZBigqJH6VSo5dLE1WMhSoCKgG60nvOc542Wc_r8s48pMP8HTX9kFXQvWA3AH-qOL2fm9jmbXMTxGZp9HKJWw-n3oZT9-yPjajZT-vqJO6uP8W18K6LPYdIQjYewZYE7r1m3kELMqqNF_KmfJmQ-L3v6IJjnq7ztQiA81rBKpIpt68Hm_hFKubQkwnszt899dpl5CP_exCgEkmFLiCo59cku9d_v7sk5Y8DoW6aWX32mMDQzHRgI6r7aKXkQPAyCtD9qKysNPRupSzC4n-AQRrNDl05aV0vCK65j6ahbwM_qxNQz5yvTzpjhzBvHj8XrCutgQp-_G6cGJHQkzkhZCcETQ-QyPX3qMyx7dkht5R64dH-QB22tIChjNEdgOiaIbv0rz0Frn6nRaWJCvUFBDaw3HMfB79GJwPKXEFyA9cTtxOsW12ms8mbWUT9tHTJ_5Y3QryUG6dKBTrTdhwmsNyZtqsX5jc4tAVXQtFP2i1ejYUlXUaD7nIGmKNbV1aILofM4_b9Ymy0k7y8tyBeTDSnxJ5vh6dxYw46xLkE2Pf23=w727-h969-no

(this is from a Turkish company, but the MilSoft rep told me our companies are working with them to develop equivalent solutions to these for our armed forces; similar, but ours)

iIsqkL2q0DPDGIRyRvTE7HB8s1ci_gm1r_7nsEIfQqaZjzPnycIiID5pcNdzkKQQG9Gp5AS04XuTfwvqHxYsP4MGpAAVrjERhVjvSfRDubAmtL4K8NCM6Uk7X_bG0PFiDEprUSgmRECs-Na6d9fVMBf7rL6N6bGPGD4Fi9ArclIRgZFqUDNXoBP5EBt1K3oUrXKiNIU9kEScW-sX_-WzDWXfgQBwNLMKta8jPVZhA6OIX3kbC84Z7YvMDcbmknOCnFF5oAVd0hd12VEx0qaz_uxqZudxvJ1kzKZUvdm4zuocYGTO7xAlypCHJH0rqGUhXhAenNzI5WZrq-lxrUrxdP7iKITSwkhQWi6B_ypOhoLaEy8UR9hAYxyiyZW7wgY7n3gIBYcyby6C7qIp1NIeHY0mP4-9dvODE4mfqHZvrEidRXYtldrpXBbjLGv4V6RihRINrZmsFR_0JGKFUBlmRpgAsbBVplen2ADRN7TfVtyimPc3ZByuDK2JUnnf-L9o_PXIBxSsXPeiO2tS_D0NRX70w4oR2IgqTUmvBuYd8WAc9SwgbPuogJ2mlARKS3AZaNEwGgzXInKiXh6HwaAJpLlmvVbXGy_NgDh0QZ8wLSZ1BiqcWCQ3w6cwFNxdPhpBzrgGGkBimNpGlzbL5WHhoZLC_FkS86hiJP1gZqbzeQatLM0R23vFgcLNPdxq=w727-h969-no

1deGCT1Wc98bNEPQ3me5TCCO5_ZZfEvQsocGnQ0OGpvXL992M_fJCqJYnZ_uHmu0iWXS1peaWuQMdn2ubsIxjFXjH7ehSGqShB4Fm7JH_r387z6szXPOGg06nj2S_gCK3WrB1ZTEV4FAJApG5eMPF7R7ndSIRKT7KLtD7g1c_ly0i6I8B9BHmohtlTXLtBnP47Dk8YhCoeHtjURXYPh8BPZD-SEacveN4CrGbPrD7_vFsZq26RSHCkr4gdeqOQQGintFC01b--NjGNivcn_n1qRfJq6X7arQk8-WwxIWbmgBbBLmi0kIsu2TuZH0NBbqWRC-_nIGmo3A1udLAF-xLsUVUoNQYIVF1iQIPmEsQUb19McWngV6UToyON5btRFeDYrB7uG2nN_BYEd2v3V9fL0EzxL1V51a3SOoiGyTo_4UFuiiyuE59fnifVFlFlKRHlj3aMU41Ts7joIgFh2VqmLYheUC4AhsK7GNKVeML2LtjVsjUQKzEH2wQMBG1uvyxJJKYt1PuZrqwJTEcB9N4W3w-B_8pfDL97taVIJ0HIIFrBcGL1TKXK7zErbfftzmC1PAQATOXY3mk49H6_ZISXTeV_5HeU21liCMz-rhsMb4GOEtDnLOaJ_RKgVgRNQVm3cf-ihw3GQVIZD8B1cVFlG5eAgsPNY0ZWjAa_CT6qyeT3SZxK0CC4Hd_vH4=w727-h969-no
It takes them a while to actually implet these systems.
For example the project of networking all the air defence radars started in 1977

LTS
Laser Threat Sensor

LTS786P is an early warning device which gives audio and visual alarms of threat by sensing a laser beam aimed at it from any direction. The exact location of the threat is indicated by nine LEDs and has the capability to differentiate between a Laser Range Finder, Laser Target Designator or a Laser Target Tracker Signals. It can be used on stationary or moving objects of any size or shape.

• Wave length response 0.8 ~1.06 microns
  • Can be fitted on tanks, bridges and installations
LTS 1 can be coupled with acoustic alarms, smoke generators and other counter-measures
http://gids.com.pk/lts

RABTA
C4I & Air Defence Automation System

rabta01.png
  • Scout is a mini UAV System which is designed for portability
  • It is modular, portable, light weight and easy to deploy
  • It is electric powered, capable of completely autonomous flight and carries an electro-optical payload for day time surveillance / reconnaissance
  • Inferring the presence of valid targets form a series of plots and tracks received from different radars
  • Calculating true trajectories of the target in presense of uncertainties imposed by the sensor as well as aircraft dynamics
  • Recognizing and rejecting false targets
  • Successfully tracking and predicting the optimal estimates of the target in the presence of clutter and false alarms
  • Displaying target tracking information
  • Forming correct association between tracks and observation from radars in different environments
  • Successfully tracking the target during extreme condition of fast maneuver, formations, miss detection, cross-overs etc.
http://gids.com.pk/rabta

RIBAT
ESM System

Electronic Support Measures (ESM) system is the most important aspect of Electronic Warfare (EW), required for a variety of ground, surface and airborne applications, especially in maritime scenario. It is imperative for every surface naval platform to be equipped with ESM system for early detection and parameters measurement of friendly & hostile emitters.

RIBAT has been developed for surface applications and successfully tested and verified in the field. RIBAT covers almost all the features available in ESM systems being used by modern navies worldwide.

ribat01.png
Features
  • 100 percent intercept probability
  • Wide operating frequency range
  • High sensitivity & dynamic range
  • Instantaneous frequency measurement.
  • High frequency accuracy & resolution
  • 360 degree spatial coverage
  • Fast reaction time
  • Threat identification
  • Mission library
  • Scan & pulse measurement analysis
http://gids.com.pk/ribat

SLTA
Slim Line Towed Array Sonar for Naval Application

Detection of targets by the naval ships and submarines has always been very difficult and challenging due to the peculiar sea and associated environmental conditions. However the radiated noise from own platform makes it difficult or at times even impossible to detect weak signals from silent or remote targets. The successful design and development of the SLTA has significantly enhanced the underwater detection capability of the naval platforms.

Main features
  • Equally adaptable for surface ships or submarines
  • Enhanced detection and classification due to longer array having wide acoustic aperture, reduced flow noise and efficient processing
  • Smaller diameter for easier handling onboard to facilitate its deployment and retrieval during all weather and covert operations
Future applications
  • SLTA for Submarines & Ships in passive mode
  • Coastal defense system
  • SLTA for surface Ship Applications consist of
    • Active Towed Array Sonar
    • Stand Alone Passive Array
  • Divers, detection/ Offshore Harbour Defence Systems
  • Geophysical Exploration Applications
  • Seismic surveys etc
http://gids.com.pk/slta

ACOUSTIC RANGING OF NAVAL VESSELS
In today's naval warfare, knowledge of one's own acoustic signatures is the difference between the prey and the predator. Signature management facility provides own noise level in full range of audible frequency spectrum, by utilizing static and dynamic measurements of naval vessels i.e. ships, Mine Counter Measure Vessels (MCMVs) and submarines.

Acoustic Signature Management is a very specialized field which not only requires operational skills but also has a very strong proficient development and analytical aptitude. We can provide the said service to friendly navies in the region. It consists of Static Ranging known as Near Field Holography (NAH) and dynamic ranging of moving vessels in open sea.

arnv.png

http://gids.com.pk/acoustic-ranging-naval-vessels

ACMI SYSTEM
Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation System

rabta02.png
The ACMI system is designed to be range-less and can be operated without any restriction in any area. The system records the "Time Space Position Information" (TSPI) of all the aircrafts involved in the training exercises along with their essential parameters onto removable data storage.

• An effective training tool for combat pilots
  • Capture of weapon deployment events
  • Exchange of data between the participating aircraft using realtime data link
  • Notification to pilots of weapon event results such as hit and miss for missiles for real time kill removal functionality
  • Real time warning to the pilots such as collision kill/miss etc.
  • Recording of time syncronized relevant information for post mission debriefing replay like Chaff/Flare Dispenser, RWR, EW etc.
  • Post launch missile fly out and bombing accuracy calculations
  • The system is installed on Mirage / F-7P / F-16 aircraft
http://gids.com.pk/acmi-system

AUTOMATIC FIRE CONTROL SYSTEM
Up-gradation of 37mm Anti Aircraft Gun

automatic01.png
The original 37mm twin barrel AD gun has been upgraded in order to meet the present combat threats. The upgraded gun with its new firing system gives a unique combination of modern technology resulting in a very reliable weapon system. Capable to track high speed targets coupled with auto ranging. The gun can be operated in three modes, i.e. joystick, handheld fire control and laser aiming sight.

• Sunlight viewable alpha numeric displays
  • Provision of interfacing with multiple guns (optional)
  • Off Gun tracking of target for stability
  • Computer aided leveling
  • Smart electronics for gun control
  • Power electronics for motors
  • Limit switch for safety arc range
  • Emergency stop
  • Motors for azimuthal & elevation movements
  • Horizontal and vertical shaft encoder
  • Fire safety switch
http://gids.com.pk/automatic-fire-control-system

NOD
Night Observation Device

nod.jpg
NOD is a portable, long range multi-sensor system for target acquisition, border patrol and perimeter security. The NOD system comprises of digital magnetic compass, GPS, pan and tilt unit.

• Area surveillance
  • Target acquisition
  • Search and rescue
  • Forward observation
  • Perimeter security
  • Border patrol
http://gids.com.pk/nod

Related Projects under RIMMS (NUST)

1. Design and Development of S-Band TRR Module for Phased-Array Radars
2. Design and Development of a See-Through-Wall (STW) Radar System for Personnel Sensing and Localization from Standoff Distances
http://www.nust.edu.pk/INSTITUTIONS/Centers/RIMMS/Research/Pages/Projects.aspx

Last edited:
All this work is yet another proof that Pakistan is full of talent all we need is political will to become a major player in high-tech military hardware. These developments mus be protected and developed just like our nuclear and missile program. A question, is there any organization working on similar solutions for counter terrorism operations. It pains me when i see officers and jawans losing their lives in IOBs despite having advantage of surprise.

All this work is yet another proof that Pakistan is full of talent all we need is political will to become a major player in high-tech military hardware. These developments mus be protected and developed just like our nuclear and missile program.
The military must now work with private companies. Companies like RWR already have highly skilled manpower. Govt orgs (including SPD ones) leak a lot of money because of the whole contractor thing, and also waste a lot of time due to the no-internet policy. private companies can easily cut across all of that (including red tape and office politics) to rapidly prototype, test and manufacture finalized products.

These companies must also be encouraged to export the stuff they make, so that they have more money to pour into R&D.

Maybe even enter the consumer electronics market, overseas and in Pakistan (companies like wavetec and aksa are already doing this)

I thought whether Pakistan designed anything in the field of radar and autonomy, I was surprised. You Pakistanis should share your own products more, as a result this forum is not just a war doctrine and a fight with indians and pakistanes.

One of the casualties was the $300mil national electronic complex (NECOP) that was to be build by CETC China.

I believe if things had not been derailed by now we would have been making TR modules and AESA families locally.
MUch as I loath and detest Zardari and PPP, that was probably necessary. We had a war to fight and money needed to be spent on that. Not on ECM and RADAR that was of scant use. Note that GSR did get approved.

I thought whether Pakistan designed anything in the field of radar and autonomy, I was surprised. You Pakistanis should share your own products more, as a result this forum is not just a war doctrine and a fight with indians and pakistanes.
Due to limited involvement of private sectors, these things remain in tight circles and seldom make it to public.

Back
Top Bottom