What's new

From India with love

She has done several movies after Anjali. But still Anjali remains her best. She's still known in the industry for her performance in Anjali. She could never match the performance of Anjali in any of her later films. Her family is from Kerala. Her father moved to Chennai with family & settled there. I just love this girl. I adore her for this one movie. Well credit should go to the great director Mani Ratnam also.

Last edited:
Bangalore is considered one of the top cities in India. There are several reasons to it. One of them is it's a techno city.

Sub air system for rain - No more wet Cricket outfields.

Chinnaswamy Stadium is the first Solar powered Cricket ground in the world

Last edited:

King of good times Vijay Mallya is orignally from Bantwal near Mangalore, who everybody knows for his flamboyant life style. His family & closed circle thought Vijay Mallya will squander all the wealth his father built. Anyway Vijay took over as the Chairman of United Breweries Group in 1983 at the age of 28, following his father's sudden death & went on to built a fortune for the next 2 decades proving all his critics wrong.

This man's over ambitious life style of spending money lavishly for cars, yachts, private Jets, throwing extravagant parties was all fine, but his unneeded adventure of investing in many risky businesses at a time, has got him into serious trouble in the last 7-8 years. He has lost half of his fortune from his airline business alone.

His biggest mistake of holding on to the mounting losses of Kingfisher Airline, till it was forcefully grounded by Gov.t took a big toll to his daring Business adventures, life style & the fortunes he built over 2 decades.

One Birthday party of his son Siddharth Mallya with Virat Kohli

Last edited:
For all Bangalore lovers.

Bangalore has the highest no. of two wheelers any city has in the world.

Bangalore is a city turning into a lucky charm for many start ups of India.

Bangalore (Bengaluru) is one city anybody will fall in love with due to its humbleness, climate, modern buildings, Tech parks, Malls every where & very friendly people. It's one of the most developed cities compare to other cities of India, which is also known as the Silicon valley of India. It's the fashion capital of the South.

Highest Engineering collages in the world, fastest growing city in India, highest percentage of Engineers in the world, public parks, highest pubs in Asia, highest density of traffic in India & many many things. You just need to live here for a while to witness the unlimited adventure & joy this city will provide you. I have lived & traveled across India & without second thoughts, can say Bangalore is the best city I have lived.

You may find people from all parts of the country in Mumbai & Delhi, but most of them would be labor or lower middle class workers. In Bangalore you will find people from all parts of India too, but you will find mostly all well educated middle class to upper middle class people & also foreigners from all parts of the world working here. Bangalore is one city you will find people who speak the best English. You will also find most of African & Iranian students in Bangalore who come for Education apart from other nationalities. You go to Brigade Road on weekends & you will find all these Africans, Iranians & Whites in hundreds. And the elite group in UB city & star hotel bars. There is also one Beer Joint in White field which will be filled with 50-60% foreigners & whites. Can't recall the name of the joint.

Last edited:

You enter many places in Bangalore, you will feel like you are in America or Europe. But yes there is definitely the other side. You will also find garbage thrown in places if you go to poor or congested areas. The city is fighting to keep these places clean. It will take time for sure. To see the real beauty of the city you have to take a night drive, you will be amazed how different the city feels in the night, though day also has it's own charm.

Last edited:

TISB (Bangalore) is rated among the top 5 institutions in the world. The students from this institution is absorbed by the top universities of the world for any higher studies & also gets placed in the best jobs due to the reputation of this School. A great achievement for this school

Another school in Bangalore. Canadian International School Bangalore. There is a myth among many foreigners, India is not a country you can live or work. Many foreigners wont believe, when someone says there is a substantial population of foreigners living in India.

The above videos are the proof. This is just a couple of schools from Bangalore for international students. These students parents live & work in India. Only when a foreigner visits India, they experience the vibrant India. In-fact many people once they start adjusting to the system & live here for at-least a year, will go back with a rich experience which will be incomparable to any experience they ever had

I want to know from others as well, Do I continue this thread or like James mentioned, should I do my further posts in the threads recommended above. I shall do the same as everybody suggest

Christ College - One of the renowned colleges in Bangalore

Last edited:
I want to know from others as well, Do I continue this thread or like James mentioned, should I do my further posts in the threads recommended above. I shall do the same as everybody suggest
noo... please dont post in those threads unless its relevant... too many crappy posts in tourism related thread now a days... and india developing thread usually has posts about new infra, tech, invention etc...

noo... please dont post in those threads unless its relevant... too many crappy posts in tourism related thread now a days... and india developing thread usually has posts about new infra, tech, invention etc...

Thanks a lot @hinduguy . Appreciate your suggestion. Also would like to know others opinion as well.

Why other nationalities should spend at-least an year in India. It's one place, culture & experience, which will be unique & remain in your memory unlike any other place or experience.

A Institution with manuscript library in Kerala. Kerala is another amazing place in India, where a foreigner will very very rarely have a negative opinion. Another unbelievably beautiful place with beautiful people. People in Kerala are very hygienic, clean, extremely friendly & hospitable people. A land of natural back waters, beaches, house boats well known for Rejuvenation & Ayurveda filled all year with tourists from across the globe.

You will get different variety of simple Veg, Fish, Beef & Non Veg delicacies. Most of the delicacies are prepared with cocunut & coconut milk. Even Toddy (natural Palm/Coconut liquor) called Kul is used in many dishes. One of them is Kul Appam you will be blown away with the unique taste of this small beautiful place.

Last edited:

Denmark in India

Netherlands in India

Last edited:
Thanks a lot @hinduguy . Appreciate your suggestion. Also would like to know others opinion as well.

Why other nationalities should spend at-least an year in India. It's one place, culture & experience, which will be unique & remain in your memory unlike any other place or experience.

A Institution with manuscript library in Kerala. Kerala is another amazing place in India, where a foreigner will very very rarely have a negative opinion. Another unbelievably beautiful place with beautiful people. People in Kerala are very hygienic, clean, extremely friendly & hospitable people. A land of natural back waters, beaches, house boats well known for Rejuvenation & Ayurveda filled all year with tourists from across the globe.

You will get different variety of simple Veg, Fish, Beef & Non Veg delicacies. Most of the delicacies are prepared with cocunut & coconut milk. Even Toddy (natural Palm/Coconut liquor) called Kul is used in many dishes. One of them is Kul Appam you will be blown away with the unique taste of this small beautiful place.
yeah agree, kerala is nicest part of india... its beautiful.. people are not physically beautiful(I mean the girls are meh) but extremely very gracious people, hindu/muslim/christian alike...
it totally deserves 'god's own country' tag... foreigners will have very relaxing time there.. only complain is availability of liquor... and backwaters can be cleaned a bit..
now a days if somebody asks me for recommendation about India, I tell him/her, either start with kerala or end the journey in kerala.. :)

Last edited:
yeah agree, kerala is nicest part of india... its beautiful.. people are not physically beautiful(I mean the girls are meh)

I think, if you go as a guest, girls are generally very cordial. Depends on what context you are stating. Definitely there are exceptions like Arundathi Roy in every place. Anyway Arundathi has had problems in her personal life from childhood. Kerala has it's own share of issues.

From my understanding, If you look, woman in Kerala are more qualified than a man in many cases. They are hard working. Many woman have double degree. And it's difficult for such woman to find a suitable man for alliance. So they compromise. And there are many couples where this issue triggers tensions in family lives. And mind you, most educated girls would have taken some dancing, singing, music coaching or extra curricular activities.

So I wont deny some women become tough & may appear proud like the lady below in the video. You should also know in Kerala, there are many men who have drinking problems & at times they are nuisance when they are drunk. So many woman have a poker face due to the pressure of the home & situations. But I would definitely say, woman are really humble in general, over Kerala men certainly. I am not defending you, that's my view.

In the above video this lady may appear little proud. But it's how you look at the person & in what context they are tough.

There can be some critics who can look at this above lady as an unthankful woman. But if you look at the intent of the person, you understand they are normal & fair

Last edited:
I think, if you go as a guest, girls are generally very cordial. Depends on what context you are stating. Definitely there are exceptions like Arundathi Roy in every place. Anyway Arundathi has had problems in her personal life from childhood. Kerala has it's own share of issues.

From my understanding, If you look, woman in Kerala are more qualified than a man in many cases. They are hard working. Many woman have double degree. And it's difficult for such woman to find a suitable man for alliance. So they compromise. And there are many couples where this issue triggers tensions in family lives. And mind you, most educated girls would have taken some dancing, singing, music coaching or extra curricular activities.

So I wont deny some women become tough & may appear proud like the lady below in the video. You should also know in Kerala, there are many men who have drinking problems & at times they are nuisance when they are drunk. So many woman have a poker face due to the pressure of the home & situations. But I would definitely say, woman are really humble in general, over Kerala men certainly. I am not defending you, that's my view.

In the above video this lady may appear little proud. But it's how you look at the person & in what context they are tough.

There can be some critics who can look at this above lady as an unthankful woman. But if you look at the intent of the person, you understand they are normal & fair
no no.. I meant physical beauty... may be 10 percent can be considered attractive by any standard..(my standard is pretty low btw).. am mentioning coz some mallus here thought I was taunting them.. when I said this earlier in another thread :)
no I did not mean rude or unthankful... neither men or women... they are all nice. One italian tourist told me 'kerala is nice because it has christians, so is goa'... I did not like that line of thinking but could not think of a hindu majority state which is as nice... gujrat may be.

yeah agree, kerala is nicest part of india... its beautiful.. people are not physically beautiful(I mean the girls are meh)

MEH is an internet slang which means - Indifference; used when one simply does not care, expressing a lack of interest or enthusiasm. Can also be referred as pride or unthankful in some context.

I don't want to get in to physical beauty discussion, as "Beauty in things exists merely in the mind which contemplates them." It's a little rude if you said 10% attractive by any standard. But if you are referring to beauty by skin color, that percentage is also wrong. It's equally distributed. 30% of population are Fair to very fair, 35 % Wheatish to medium complexion, 25% Dark, 10% Very dark approximately according to me. I quite frequently travel to Kerala for work & holiday.

Did you know South Indian films are dominated by many Malayali actresses at all times.

Navya Nair, Mamta Mohandas, Amala Paul, Ananya, Nitya Menen, Meera Jasmine, Nayantara, Roma, Priya Mani, Bhavana, Asin Thottumkal, Gopika, Ramya Nambeesan, Parvaty Omanakuttan, Bhama, Kartika Nair, Samvritha Sunil, Sanusha, Namitha Pramod, Mithra Kurian, Shobana, Meena, Revathy, Urvashi, Ambika, Radha, Swetha Menon, Shalini, Lissy, etc.

Kerala is a Hindu majority state with approximately 50% Hindus 30% Muslims & 20% Christians.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom