What's new

French Armed Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.
@GHOST RIDER

I actually still use a spectra,but we will have Felin Helmets soon !

Sorry,for now i just have this pic,if it can help you. :lol:
(I will do more detailed pics of my gear the next time,if you want to.)

24161210846360102052995962400752931649620776267879n.jpg

Isnt the Felin helmet same as a Spectra but fitted with communication set ?

which googles do you use ?
ESS ?

The helmet seems to be probably a Mich 2000 copy,but it is also more comfortable and more resistant. :-)

are the googles issued along with the helmet or you bought them seperately ?

Yep.

----

The new type desert uniform and boots. :)

qRD9f0Z.jpg

Niceee
is Desert Camo issued to all troops or only your regiment or regiments which go in warzones like Mali? etc (desert areas)

Nice pics sir,
hope to see more

If the googles are issued along with the helmets why dont I see Leigon Regiments soldiers with googles on their helmets ?
majority of them atleast

It was provided in priority to the soldiers participating at the Operation Barkhane,but now seems to equip other regiments.
When i was in Mali,in my unity,we were few to put our googles on.... i don't know. some loves to put them on others not. :D

googles look cool

This may seem like a stupid question
but which regiment was first to enter Mali ?
since the 2REP has the motto
First In Last Out

googles look cool

This may seem like a stupid question
but which regiment was first to enter Mali ?
since the 2REP has the motto
First In Last Out

If i'm not wrong,the first regiments that were sent to mali,were the 1RPIMA (1er régiment de parachutiste d'infanterie de marine) with the 13RDP (régiment de dragons parachutistes) and the 4RHFS. (régiment d'hélicoptère des forces spéciales)

If i'm not wrong,the first regiments that were sent to mali,were the 1RPIMA (1er régiment de parachutiste d'infanterie de marine) with the 13RDP (régiment de dragons parachutistes) and the 4RHFS. (régiment d'hélicoptère des forces spéciales)

sent you a mail sir

how long after was the 2REP deployed ?

Welcome to France's New War on Terror in Africa: Operation Barkhane

The French are back in Africa, and apparently ready to stay. During a presidential speech at the military base of Niamey, Niger on July 19, 2014, François Hollande announced a new phase in the fight against radical Islamic terrorism in Africa: Operation Barkhane. Coincidentally, the launch of Operation Barkhane took place three days before the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit began in Washington D.C. on August 4, 2014.

Africa is very much in the minds of the members of the Euro-Atlantic community and is now perceived as an important security dilemma for the West. France has implemented a development-security nexus approach to addressing Africa’s challenges, which is closely connected to the European Union’s strategy. However, Operation Barkhane is a direct illustration of the use of “hard” power in Africa in order to solve a security crisis caused by a regional power vacuum.

Backbone of Operation Barkhane

Operation Barkhane began on August 1, 2014 and took over the precedent French mission in Mali, Operation Serval. Operation Barkhane, “named after acrescent-shaped dune in the Sahara desert,” is to become the French pillar of counterterrorism in the Sahel region. The French will use and deploy a 3,000-strong counterterrorism force over five countries: Burkina Faso, Chad, Mali, Mauritania and Niger, also known as the ‘G5 Sahel.’ The purpose of Operation Barkhane is to “regionalize” the counterterrorism efforts in the Sahel, as well as bolster “cross-border and region-wide securitization efforts.” According to the Ministry of Defense of France, Barkhane’s objectives are two-fold: first, assist the G5 Sahel armed forces in fighting terrorist networks in the Sahel-Sahara region; second, contribute to the prevention of terrorist safe-havens in the region.

In order to fight jihadists in this vast region, Operation Barkhane shall be seen as a reorganization of the forces already present in the region. It will be composed in terms of military and human capabilities of 3,000 military personnel, six fighter jets (Rafale Mirage 2000), twenty helicopters, 200 armored vehicles, ten transport aircrafts, and three drones (as described byAllAfrica.com, RFI, and African Defense Review). In terms of division of labor between France and the G5 Sahel, four permanent military bases have been established:

- headquarters and air force in the Chadian capital of N'Djamena under the leadership of French Général Palasset;

- a regional base in Gao, north Mali, with at least 1,000 men;

- a special-forces base in Burkina Faso's capital, Ouagadougou;

- an intelligence base in Niger’s capital, Niamey, with over 300 men; the air base of Niamey, is important as it hosts drones in charge of gathering intelligence across the entire Sahel-Saharan region;

- aside from the four permanent bases, several temporary bases will be created with an average of thirty to fifty men, where and when required.

The Strategic Arc of Instability

Paris attempted to shift its strategy towards Africa under President Nicolas Sarkozy, which has been followed by his predecessor. Historically, France has been a powerful colonial power in Africa. Paris has, since the end of colonization, sought to maintain its influence and deepen its interests in the region. French Africa policy has been known under the term of Françafrique, which embodies neocolonialism and clientelism between Paris and “black” Africa. Once elected, Sarkozy announced he would do away with Francafrique by refusing to do business as usual with Africa. However, as argued by Gordon Cumming in French Politics, Sarkozy’s “Africa policy was marked more by continuity than change.”

With the Arab Spring along with a changing international order, Africa has become a new ground of activity for diverse international criminal and terrorist networks. For instance, countries in West Africa are utilized by Latin American drug cartels in order to sell cocaine onto the European markets. Aside from criminal networks, radical Islamic networks, like Al Qaeda in Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), Boko Haram and Al Qaeda, among others, have flourished in Northern Africa and throughout the Sahel region. The reasons for their rise are various: socio-politico-economic climates in most African countries, porousness of borders, failed states and ethnoreligious tensions.

3.000 soldiers are moblized to this operation.
Also :
- 20 Helicopters
- 200 logistic trucks
- 200 Armored Vehicles
- 7 transports aicrafts
- 4 uavs
-6 aircrafts

cartographie_zoom2.jpg

operation-barkhane-destruction-d-un-convoi-terroriste.jpg

Mortar in mali

1170765_318374134975010_1851652278_n.jpg

Mirage 2000D over Mali if a close air support is needed...

10308334_806709322708128_992739336412167450_n.jpg

But what I don't like is the way they still exploit /control their former(more like current )African colonies .:undecided::D
Please, considering the amount of pillaging, looting and destruction the British Empire caused what the French do today can't even be spoken about in the same breath. You just sound jealous Britain has none of its former colonies to lord it over anymore.

God know why they've added the Punjabi MC soundtrack but still a breath taking display of private skill, unlike with the Rafales where the pilot practically needs to do nothing when flying at these altitudes these pilots would require enormous skill and confidence to fly these birds at such low levels.

The new armored logistic truck is deployed in Mali
It will replace all old logistic trucks...
It is in several versions.

pplog.jpg

20140414_EMA_Op-SERVAL-4_BatLog_503RT_007.jpg

20140414_503RT_Op-SERVAL-4_convoi-PPLOG_DSC_0355.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom