What's new

French Armed Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi sir,
Sorry for the late answer.
-
I found that in the 'article 39 sexies' of the law dated from 29th of July 1881 (modified in 2006) concerning the freedom of press,forbids to reveal (by any means) the identity of police officers,gendarmes and soldiers belonging to special units whose missions require for security reasons the respect of anonymity. If a journalist violates this law,he could be punished with a fine of ~15.000€ .

I couldn't find the equivalent in english but here's what it says ;

"Le fait de révéler, par quelque moyen d'expression que ce soit, l'identité des fonctionnaires de la police nationale, de militaires ou de personnels civils du ministère de la défense ou d'agents des douanes appartenant à des services ou unités désignés par arrêté du ministre intéressé et dont les missions exigent, pour des raisons de sécurité, le respect de l'anonymat, est puni d'une amende de 15 000 euros."
-
Concerning the Gendarmerie it applies to the personnels of ;

• 1° Le groupe d'intervention de la gendarmerie nationale.

2° Les groupes de pelotons d'intervention.

3° Les pelotons d'intervention interrégionaux de la gendarmerie.

4° Les groupes d'observation et de surveillance.

5° Le bureau de la lutte antiterroriste de la sous direction de la police judiciaire de la direction générale de la gendarmerie nationale.

6° Le groupe appui opérationnel de l'office central de lutte contre la délinquance itinérante.
-
Thank you very much sir! I am surprised the lawdates back more than 100 years, I would have thought it was a post WW-2 invention, very interesting stuff.

+ No need for the "sir", I am almost certain I am younger than you and it is I who should be calling someone of your stature sir :D

++ your signature is awesome!!

r
r
CUWQHGAWEAAo89I.jpg

Very surprised that they are armed with AR-15 based weapons. Why is that? Why not FAMAS? o_O

Friendly heads up: you'll find Gabriel here if you need him:

French Armed Forces | Multimedia | Page 6 | The American Military Forum

Thanks. I guess I should have checked the date.

Who knew there was an American military forum? :lol: That wouldn't be any fun as I can already talk to Americans all day long if I want to. Much more fun to hear other people's opinions and history. :agree:

Last edited:
Very surprised that they are armed with AR-15 based weapons. Why is that? Why not FAMAS? o_O

These guys are part of spec ops regiments.
The most familiar weapon you'll find in our special forces units is the HK-416.

fs3.jpg

fs41.jpg

m416.jpg

wml.jpg

Pretty sure Gaby didn't vanish from PDF. :taz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom