What's new

French Armed Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn this is complicated,

GIPN comes under Police Nationale, so won‘t thhat mean Police Nationale comes under F.I.P.N or only G.I.P.N comes under F.I.P.N ?

:lol::lol::lol::enjoy:

The GIPN,RAID,BRI,BI come under the authority of the F.I.P.N wich is a branch of the Police Nationalie,which is under the authority of the ministry of interior.

:lol::lol::lol::enjoy:

The GIPN,RAID,BRI,BI come under the authority of the F.I.P.N wich is a branch of the Police Nationalie,which is under the authority of the ministry of interior.

Waiit....

Now there is some thing called BI ??

back on topic
Then that means GIGN does not come under F.I.P.N since GIGN comes under Gendermarie ?

Waiit....

Now there is some thing called BI ??

back on topic
Then that means GIGN does not come under F.I.P.N since GIGN comes under Gendermarie ?

Yes.
- R.A.I.D (Recherche, Assistance, Intervention, Dissuasion)
- G.I.P.N (Groupes d’intervention de la police nationale)
- B.I (Brigade d'Intervention)
- B.R.I (Brigades de recherche et d'intervention)

They come under F.I.P.N's autorithy which is a branche of the Police National,wich is under Ministry of interior's autorithy (sorry if this is complicated lol )

The G.I.G.N is under Gendarmerie's and not a part of the F.I.P.N ("Intervention Force of the national Police".)

Yes.

They come under F.I.P.N's autorithy which is a branche of the Police National,wich is under Ministry of interior's autorithy (sorry if this is complicated lol )

The G.I.G.N is under Gendarmerie's and not a part of the F.I.P.N ("Intervention Force of the national Police".)

Praise The Lord !!!!
now I get it

and just to be cleae BI is just like(CT Team) GIPN RAID etc ?

Yes.

GIGN is famous and known in comparison to other units. When does GIGN come into action when there are other units with similar role?

GIGN is famous and known in comparison to other units. When does GIGN come into action when there are other units with similar role?

@Gabriel92 is the real expert and can give you a proper answer

But from what I learnt from watching a documentry of GIGN on youtube is when the Local Gendermarie(under whose jurisdiction the city or area comes) need to execute a raid similar to a CT operation, like raiding the homes of two "dangerous" drug simultaneously (as they did in the documentry) or setting up an ambush for a car carrying drugs into France,
this is just one example

How long is the selection+training period for the Gendermarie ?

1 year if i'm not wrong.

If i'm not wrong,the GIGN intervenes in extrem situations,like the aerial terrorism (just like the AF8969),against the terrorism on waters,when there's a huge hostage taking in buildings,hostage taking in trains,and intervenes in sensitive places like Nuclear sites,but also forest,mountain,desert etc. :D

It seems that new helmets are being introduced. :enjoy:

F60A7Z0.jpg

Fb96vDX.jpg

24847C1100000578-2901570-image-a-6_1420748477315.jpg

Last edited:
@Gabriel92

I remember reading on wiki about the 2 REP that they have something called a "Commando Parachute Group"
can you shed any light on this ?

@Gabriel92

I remember reading on wiki about the 2 REP that they have something called a "Commando Parachute Group"
can you shed any light on this ?

The CPG is an elite parachutiste unit of the 11e Brigade Parachutiste,which is composed of various parachutist units ( just like the 1er régiment du train parachutiste,8eme régiment de parachutistes d'infanterie de marine,35e régiment d'artillerie parachutiste,17e régiment du génie parachutiste,and yes the 2 REP,and others...),each regiment within the 11e Brigade Parachutiste trains one or two CPG teams from their own ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom