What's new

France to order a dozen of C130J!

We have the money and we have a centralise government to ensure country objective first and not greedy contractor pocket first.

That is why you see more and more project of Chinese military. Isn't J-20 a classic example. Due to the exorbitant price for Europe to develop a 5th gen fighter, they totally abandon it.

Nothing will last forever, if you think just becos they earn that title in the past means future will too without working out a workable plan or being hardworking then be prepare to be overtake by others.
Dear beast you are highly mistaken If you think European are not hard working. They invest heavily in education and research. As you must have seen most top institute are europeN. Apart from that their social fabric is such that they don't believe in manufacturing garbage and generic stuff.
They design ask other to make it and sell It that very same market. A mason or Carpanter can never catch up to designer. China is just a mode which manufacture for them. Very same rich Chinese buy European stuff. Just see it's every where fr handbags to auto mobiles.

In this case they have enough money to buy these c130 it won't hurt their economy. French and German are different

Sad but correct decision, Gab. I might have been tempted, in Le Drian's shoes to force Airbus
to provide a solution but I lack the data on the test failures to judge if it's even possible.

All I've heard so far is that the downwash from these huge engines' propellers made it too rough.
Is there a big danger or could a longer hose suffice to fix it! If the latter was possible, I'd be tempted
to have the drogue and hose redesigned by its maker or in-House by DGA / CEAM / SIAé and send
the flocking bill to Airbus, i.e. take it out of the price of the Atlas Grizzly whatever as they purport to
be getting ready to do with the cost of the C-130Js.
I suppose the problem was then more major than than. The central boom could not do both due to the
fact it's an add-on replacing the rear fuselage reservoir and that Caracals being slower than jets, using
the refueler in succession might take away precious mission time.

I then of course agree with Flamer in the sense that these big programs, cooperation ones even more so,
are often to big to penalize. We refrain from taking credits away from them and they've grown accustomed
to asking for more cash whenever they run into a snag instead. Europe is not alone in that situation :
follow my gaze to a US aircraft maker whose ruining joint programs and others regular ones as the KC-46.
These giants need to reminded that they work for the client not the other way around, even if governmental.

Still, if no fix could be found, then back to the old trusted C-130 is a coherent idea. Its older sibling did the job
just fine. As of them serving SF, mostly maybe but if Cougars with the capacity find their way in regular units
and considering that we'd be replacing the Hercs type plane for plane, once the Transalls are gone, it will have
to be 130s or nothing,now will it? 50 platforms with interchangeable kits down to 12 that have to keep their old
milk runs going for the troops at the same time … blah! Since the old ones did not do refueling it might be a
capacity increase but makes perennial a second type supposed to have disappeared with costs on maintenance.

Another mess, SNAFU, Tay.

P.S. And a thought for Dassault that always delivers on time but whose programs are delayed for COST reasons!
dassault.gif
The original!

Sad but correct decision, Gab. I might have been tempted, in Le Drian's shoes to force Airbus
to provide a solution but I lack the data on the test failures to judge if it's even possible.

All I've heard so far is that the downwash from these huge engines' propellers made it too rough.
Is there a big danger or could a longer hose suffice to fix it! If the latter was possible, I'd be tempted
to have the drogue and hose redesigned by its maker or in-House by DGA / CEAM / SIAé and send
the flocking bill to Airbus, i.e. take it out of the price of the Atlas Grizzly whatever as they purport to
be getting ready to do with the cost of the C-130Js.
I suppose the problem was then more major than than. The central boom could not do both due to the
fact it's an add-on replacing the rear fuselage reservoir and that Caracals being slower than jets, using
the refueler in succession might take away precious mission time.

I then of course agree with Flamer in the sense that these big programs, cooperation ones even more so,
are often to big to penalize. We refrain from taking credits away from them and they've grown accustomed
to asking for more cash whenever they run into a snag instead. Europe is not alone in that situation :
follow my gaze to a US aircraft maker whose ruining joint programs and others regular ones as the KC-46.
These giants need to reminded that they work for the client not the other way around, even if governmental.

Still, if no fix could be found, then back to the old trusted C-130 is a coherent idea. Its older sibling did the job
just fine. As of them serving SF, mostly maybe but if Cougars with the capacity find their way in regular units
and considering that we'd be replacing the Hercs type plane for plane, once the Transalls are gone, it will have
to be 130s or nothing,now will it? 50 platforms with interchangeable kits down to 12 that have to keep their old
milk runs going for the troops at the same time … blah! Since the old ones did not do refueling it might be a
capacity increase but makes perennial a second type supposed to have disappeared with costs on maintenance.

Another mess, SNAFU, Tay.

P.S. And a thought for Dassault that always delivers on time but whose programs are delayed for COST reasons!
View attachment 210846 The original!

So,it seems that the DGA denied the news..... was air&cosmos wrong ? .... wait and see.

LEAD 2-La France dément vouloir acquérir des C130-J américains| Reuters

Last edited:
Well, Airbus can't go back on the counter-rotating props so theY'd have to outline
a solution quickly. I hope the penalty is still on the table though, to light 'em up!

Good evening all, Tay.

As if western , Russian and American will give you full TOT? Nobody will provide that extend of tech transfer. Our AESA radar offer to turkey is the best out of all contender and we are the only bidder not chicken out like S-300, patriot and aster who refuse to test their missile according to turkish require scenario. We are confident of our product and only our missile hit all intended targets.

Aster was the choice of Turkish military. They went for Chinese knock off only because of promises of ToT, which were just a bunch of hot air it seems.

ANKARA — The Turkish president has announced that Ankara opened talks with Eurosam, maker of the Aster 30, to build an air defense system one day after a Defense News story reported that Turkey was distancing itself from a Chinese option.

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan told reporters Sunday that Turkey had opened talks on purchasing the French-Italian Eurosam to acquire its first long-range air- and anti-missile system after negotiations on a controversial deal with a US-blacklisted Chinese company hit a rock.

“Some disagreements have emerged with China on the issues of joint production and technology transfer during negotiations over the missile defense system,” Erdogan said.

Turkey in Talks with Eurosam for Air Defense Deal | Defense News | defensenews.com

Who in NATO with access to NATO tech will buy your crap, LOL?

Look at European Galileo GPS, no where to go for event a single region operation while China just launch another beidou GPS system on 31th March to continue towards worldwide transition as planned.

8 satellites in orbit, 4 more this year. It was already working with just 4 in orbit, only the signal wasn't freely available, but was for testing.

As set by the European Commission, the objective is to deliver a package of Initial Services, including a free Public Service, an encrypted Public Regulated Service and a Search And Rescue function, by 2016, to be transferred to the responsibility of the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems Agency, GSA.

A full system capability that includes an encrypted commercial service benefiting from 24 operational satellites and six spares is expected to be in place by 2020.

Two new satellites join the Galileo constellation / Launching Galileo / The future - Galileo / Navigation / Our Activities / ESA

@Gabriel92

idk where you picked up refueling problems.

Last edited:
^
A commercial video =/= a full battery of tests in conditions close to real operations.

The guys from the DGA are extremely experienced, either military engineers, former airforce pilots, and so on.
If they declared that helicopter refueling on A400M might cause non-negligible problems, it must be because of something serious.

Aster was the choice of Turkish military. They went for Chinese knock off only because of promises of ToT, which were just a bunch of hot air it seems.

Turkey in Talks with Eurosam for Air Defense Deal | Defense News | defensenews.com

Who in NATO with access to NATO tech will buy your crap, LOL?

8 satellites in orbit, 4 more this year. It was already working with just 4 in orbit, only the signal wasn't freely available, but was for testing.

Two new satellites join the Galileo constellation / Launching Galileo / The future - Galileo / Navigation / Our Activities / ESA

@Gabriel92

idk where you picked up refueling problems.
There is no point posting an old link of 2014 trying to prove turkey prefer Aster. The latest new in 2015, they prefer HQ-9 but the turkish keep flip flopping and delaying the project. The Turkish goes for aster only after NATO put pressure on turkish.

NATO crap are too expensive as proven in this A400M saga which project fail to materialize. Look at indian Rafale saga and I tell you this is just the beginning. The fact European until now failed to have a 5th gen fighter project going in proves the point.

NATO crap are too expensive
Hm, some heavy bias there.
as proven in this A400M saga which project fail to materialize.
NATO =/= Airbus.
Airbus failed but this is in no way related to NATO. Malaysia ordered A400M.. are they in NATO ?

Look at indian Rafale saga and I tell you this is just the beginning.
Rafale project is a success. Indians are just being.. difficult.

The fact European until now failed to have a 5th gen fighter project going in proves the point.
European didn't start any 5th gen fighter project. Maybe because it's not on European airforces plans yet ?

Last edited:
@SvenSvensonov @Nihonjin1051 @Peter C @Georgeclark @AMDR @C130

Since the fiasco of the A400M and that capacity of refuelling of the aircraft has been abandonned,France will order a dozen of C130Js Super Hercule. :woot:

A team of the DGA (it is the French Government Defense procurement agency responsible for the program management, development and purchase of weapon systems for the French military) is currently in the US to negociate a deal....
Since the need of the French army is urgent,we will take the aircrafts from the production line which was supposed to serve the US ARMY.
The deal could be finalized very soon

La France va acquérir une dizaine de C-130 - Air et Cosmos

These aircrafts would probably serve the special forces..
For supporting Special Forces there is no better option, given the need to refuel the helicopters of the French SFs (EC-725s) the C-130J is the logical choice- the A400 is yet to deliver this capability and the French are engaged in high intensity operations today.

Good for the French Military for being so pragmatic and giving their boots on the ground the best, many other governments in a similar situation would continue to be Airbus's promises and absorb the contentious delays at the cost of the man on the ground.

@Gabriel92

Hi
Sir by the end of this decade, almost all European nations will have there hands on a 5th gen F35 fighter jet. But what about France. I haven't heard anything related to 5th gen and France. Will French go for F 35 or an upgraded Rafale.
Cheers
Thanks

The A400M program is sadly a big fiasco... the price is increasing,i won't talk about the delays.....
And when there are no other European/French alternatives,you have to look somewhere else..

But why aren't you guys marketing the aircraft seriously in other countries? A400 looks so promising. It fills the gap between C-17 and C-130 easily and can be the backbone of so many militaries' troop transport division.

@Gabriel92

Hi
Sir by the end of this decade, almost all European nations will have there hands on a 5th gen F35 fighter jet. But what about France. I haven't heard anything related to 5th gen and France. Will French go for F 35 or an upgraded Rafale.
Cheers
Thanks

We will upgrade the Rafale til it will be replaced by an UCAV.

WTF why ??A400M have some problem ?
The A400 is still yet to operationalise its IFR capability of rotary wing aircraft and this is a capability the French Military clearly demand now, not sometime down the road.

Basically the C-130J purchase is for France's SOCOM, it is hardly them moving away from the A-400.

Back
Top Bottom