What's new

France may divert its order to meet India's demand for Rafale

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
The delivery would be in time-frame that would be compatible with the operational requirement of IAF.
  • 327756-rafale-jet-fighter-plane.new.jpg
    Representational ImageFile Photo
France is likely to divert its own military's production order for Rafale fighter jets to meet India's "urgent" requirement for 36 warplanes. French defence sources said modalities are being worked out and nitty-gritty will be finalised once Indian and French government start talking in detail.

Dassault Aviation, the manufacturer of Rafale jets, already has an order for 24 aircraft by Egypt which has to be delivered as soon as possible. Then there is the French military order itself. "Since India wants 36 fighter planes on an urgent basis, one of the options would be to divert the planes that are under production for French military to India. These planes can be fine-tuned to Indian requirements," the sources said.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi and French PresidentFrancois Hollandehad last week agreed to conclude an Inter- Governmental Agreement for supply of the aircraft on terms that would be better than conveyed by Dassault Aviation for the 126 Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) tender.

The delivery would be in time-frame that would be compatible with the operational requirement of IAF, and the aircraft and associated systems and weapons would be delivered on the same configuration as had been tested and approved by IAF, and with a longer maintenance responsibility by France, a joint statement had said.

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has said that the 36 fighter planes would be inducted in the next two years. One of the problems facing the Dassault Aviation is the production rate of the jets. At present, reports suggest it has a capacity to make about 12 aircraft per annum. This is in line with the French orders that they have in hand.

"Dassault will have to ramp up its production capacities to meet both Egypt and Indian orders at the same time. While they will obviously do it, it cannot happen overnight," sources said, pointing out that various other firms like Thales are also part of the Rafale project. French military already have three squadron of Rafale fighter jets. The French Navy too have placed an order but the sources did not confirm the total number they have signed up for.

France may divert its order to meet India's demand for Rafale | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Not a good news for our air force.

While over the next 2-3 years, the French military will have less jets, by say 2020 they should have the planned numbers. Small price to pay for the export revenue.

France doesnt have any prominent immediate threats..and its operational capability is on par compare to its peers in Europe.....moreover, for you the more important is to keep your industry running...I read today, Areva's loss is more than its market capitalization ....so essentially it has become a sick unit ..and if there is no deal with India, its very survival would be a question!....Dassault too is not doing well, and if the orders dont flow in from big customers like India, it too will become a sick unit ..I read, Dassualt said, thanks India, we are grateful to you for your orders!

your mirages are not upgraded right? i think they are all being replaced with rafales.
if true then it is really not good for your airforce..
why does your airforce depend only on one plat form? mirages then and rafales now?

France doesnt have any prominent immediate threats..and its operational capability is on par compare to its peers in Europe.....moreover, for you the more important is to keep your industry running...I read today, Areva's loss is more than its market capitalization ....so essentially it has become a sick unit ..and if there is no deal with India, its very survival would be a question!....Dassault too is not doing well, and if the orders dont flow in from big customers like India, it too will become a sick unit ..I read, Dassualt said, thanks India, we are grateful to you for your orders!

Dassault could survive without Indian order,they did survive since many years with the French orders (Yes,numbers of plane built/year is quit low,but better than nothing) and not to forget that the France has to order the 5th tranche to replace the Mirage 2000s.
Sure... Dassault won't say to India "Go fck yourselves we just wanted your money,we don't give a fking damn about you guys!",it's normal to say thank you. :enjoy: (Though the 36 isn't still finalized and needs to be discussed,then they can say thank you ! :enjoy: )

your mirages are not upgraded right? i think they are all being replaced with rafales.
if true then it is really not good for your airforce..
why does your airforce depend only on one plat form? mirages then and rafales now?

If i'm not wrong,only Mirage 2000Ds will be upgraded,but the Navy and strategic forces need their new fighters,that's why.

:o: !!!! You already have some 130 rafale . Anyway UK won't be invading you anyway soon . .:cheers: Chill out Bro

And you asked for it :flame:

As for today,~141 Rafale have been delivered (Air force&navy), out of 225-282 (180 ordered) planned,but don't forget that they're replacing the others.. :-) (Mirage 2000D,N,5 and Super Etendard)

As for today,~141 Rafale have been delivered (Air force&navy), out of 225-282 planned,but don't forget that they're replacing the aged one. :-)
Ohhhh then send 64 for us . U already have enough rafale:taz:

For same price:smitten:

How is mood of the nation Bro . Are u guys very happy or just on with this order ? Any insight ?

Dassault could survive without Indian order,they did survive since many years with the French orders (Yes,numbers of plane built/year is quit low,but better than nothing) and not to forget that the France has to order the 5th tranche to replace the Mirage 2000s.
Sure... Dassault won't say to India "Go fck yourselves we just wanted your money,we don't give a fking damn about you guys!",it's normal to say thank you. :enjoy: (Though the 36 isn't still finalized and needs to be discussed,then they can say thank you ! :enjoy: )

It might have survived in the past becoz of french govmt's intervention and its still possible that it will survie like Areva because the french govmt will intervene...so read the pattern and the difference...France economy is not at its best that it can order for its own consumption for long to keep its high tech industry up and running...end of the day, its going to use the tax payers money to save the sick and in-competitive company..I know, trade union is too strong in France, and you can suck last drop of blood from govt's blood bank before you see the formal closure of unit! and if you are happy with that and want to keep your french attitude, I dont give it a damn!

If i'm not wrong,only Mirage 2000Ds will be upgraded,but the Navy and strategic forces need their new fighters,that's why.

Ohhhh Ho. !! Hmm now u say all this huh. :D

225-280 are planned,but only 180 have been ordered,141 delivered as for now.... we wait for the 5th tranche. :yahoo:

Haha cool . Hope I will also jump around like you after big fat orders ...

And how is the mood of the nation,? Hollande seems very happy and so does french twitterians. How does french people at this deal !!! And India ? Same old way ? :D

@Gabriel92 bro if possible can you share some view on this thread ? Cause we are trying to decode the course of new G2G deal . As nothing is very clear from our side . So your thoughts might help us to get to some conclusion :-) . We can decode hollande course of action as well !

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off: | Page 113

:D @PARIKRAMA @The_Sidewinder

Back
Top Bottom