What's new

France interested in partnership with PAC

I think relationship between countries is not like that of relationship between khandans. Words like "Trustworthy" "Easily Influenced" are good for khandani politics but not at all appropriate for country to country relationships or agreements. Folks here take foreign relations in a very simplistic way...it is a lot more complex and interesting at the same time.

None of the countries are "Trustworthy" if taken in the khandani contexts. However, all countries have converging or diverging interests and each country has to safeguard its military and commercial interests on their own. That is the reality. Countries today can not exists in vacuum. We can not trust, the French, Israelis, The US....... etc. That narrows down access by 70% of cutting edge technologies. The Germans, Swedish, etc don't sell offensive weapons to us. Brits are expensive. Italians..well we r buying second hand stuff from them....and they are also very well known for their angular bat play....Tarbela and Indus Basin Company was n is a reminder to us all who can remember.

The Russians, well they are using us to keep India in check. That leaves China and to some extent Turkey. Both are hampered by access to cutting edge western technology and Turkey in coming years will have lesser access than before.

So I believe we get what we can get from where we can get and deal with everyone as they are not trustworthy and I mean all of them! Btw some of the spy eqpt. we use for eves dropping, legal intercept, and location triangulation of SIM's etc. is Israeli in its origins!!

In essence, access whatever technology you can access from wherever, develop your own models based on these technologies and take it from there.

And BTW French have always gone against US policy stance and followed their own independent policy when deciding upon its foreign interests more so than many others.

There is nothing "Extraordinary" it is just a agreement for cooperation on Technical matters.

The JF-17 Thunder program is 99.9% operation so now is time to fine tune and improve few areas. And again a chance for French companies to make some transactions with Pakistan who had been one of their most trusted customers for Decades

French are traditionally business minded

• They sold us Mirage, Still a highlight in our Airforce (We grew it to 150 jets)
  • They sold us Agosta, Till now our Top Asset in Navy
Then they made sale of Scorpion to India
Then they made sale of Rafale to India

A pure business transaction
business_transactions.jpg

DtEr1YiXQAE8WPg.jpg

Most people in Pakistan generally welcome French as strategic defense supplier due to their dependable delivery

Last edited:
LOL .... without going in to technicalities, I would insist on my analysis. There was at least a gap of 3 decades between F6 and Mirage technology at that time and French gave us everything and that was the real turning point for aviation work in Pakistan, that is why I said PAC is nothing but an extension of MRF. All later enhancements/development happened because of what MRF contributed.

Indeed knowing a little history might have saved you a bit of humiliation, because what is now known as PAC actually started as F6 rebuild factory with the help of neither France or Swaziland but China.
Also, PAC is NOT "nothing but extension of Mirgae rebuild factory" as you stated, rather it is combination of many factories of which MRF is only one, neither first nor last.

This is the history of PAC according to their own website. Perhaps you should take a look.
https://www.pac.org.pk/history

And regardless of any assistance by france for MRF decades ago, PAC has come a long way since then and a few things have changed I would say from the days it was only overhauling and rebuilding stuff.

My point stands that france or any other western country cannot be trusted. And knowing the history in its totality and learning from it could save a lot of people a lot of humiliation in the future.

There is nothing "Extraordinary" it is just a agreement for cooperation on Technical matters.

The JF-17 Thunder program is 99.9% operation so now is time to fine tune and improve few areas. And again a chance for French companies to make some transactions with Pakistan who had been one of their most trusted customers for Decades

French are traditionally business minded

• They sold us Mirage, Still a highlight in our Airforce (We grew it to 150 jets)
  • They sold us Agosta, Till now our Top Asset in Navy
Then they made sale of Scorpion to India
Then they made sale of Rafale to India

A pure business transaction
business_transactions.jpg

DtEr1YiXQAE8WPg.jpg

Most people in Pakistan generally welcome French as strategic defense supplier due to their dependable delivery
They also sold us the Crotale Surface to Air Missile System which successfully deterred any aggressive intentions against Kilo Area. It is still an operational system today

They have also helped us upgrade and certify the MRF over the years to perform engine overhaul as well among other things.

Back
Top Bottom