What's new

First Project-15B Bangalore-class DDG hull : satellite pics

I don't want to say it, if the said detail translates to the actual ship from this model then I shall truly be unhappy, take your time, read it when you can.

Btw have u seen the 055 ddg plans??

dayyum:eek:

Spot another navy for me which somehow wants to operate 3 different submarines, from three different OEMs concurrently (and yes the Kilos will serve for quite some time side by side with the Scorpene given that vessels of the class have been undergoing upgrades in the late 2000s).

We discontinued the line because the MoD in its wisdom felt like it, we picked a different OEM for Project-75 because that's how we roll and IF better sense does not prevail we might pick a different class of subs for the P-75I because we want to teach the whole wide world a lesson in inanity! :p:

I agree utter stupidity,,,i mean we can distribute the stupidity to the whole world and then also there will be plenty for us:P

It's not inanity,it's outright lunacy,insanity,madness!!And IN is as much to blame for if not more as is MoD.Fucking dickheads!!

What about airforce??
Does attempting to produce

lca mk1
lca mk2
amca
rafale
pakfa

seems sanity??:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Spot another navy for me which somehow wants to operate 3 different submarines, from three different OEMs concurrently (and yes the Kilos will serve for quite some time side by side with the Scorpene given that vessels of the class have been undergoing upgrades in the late 2000s).

We discontinued the line because the MoD in its wisdom felt like it, we picked a different OEM for Project-75 because that's how we roll and IF better sense does not prevail we might pick a different class of subs for the P-75I because we want to teach the whole wide world a lesson in inanity! :p:

Inanity!!You my friend is being too kind on them.This isn't inanity,this is outright insanity,lunacy,madness and embarassing to say it in a sugar-coated gentle manner!!And our IN is much to blame for,if not more as is our MoD.F*cking dickheads!!

I agree utter stupidity,,,i mean we can distribute the stupidity to the whole world and then also there will be plenty for us:P

What about airforce??
Does attempting to produce

lca mk1
lca mk2
amca
rafale
pakfa

seems sanity??:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not at all.The IAF is no different.To be honest,the Rafale at this juncture is not that necessary,because upgrade package for the Super 30 upgrade programme is already quite good a choice.Instead of 126 Rafales,it would be better to go for a couple of hundred Super 30s,directly from Irkutsk.

Not at all.The IAF is no different.To be honest,the Rafale at this juncture is not that necessary,because upgrade package for the Super 30 upgrade programme is already quite good a choice.Instead of 126 Rafales,it would be better to go for a couple of hundred Super 30s,directly from Irkutsk.

Too bad its not happening.
To be frank our air force has become a bit greedy............and we are all gonna pay for that greed.

Rafale was fine had the deal been signed in 2012,,,,its almost 2015 now and no sign of the deal.
Then today there is a news that we are gonna start allocating the funds for AMCA starting 2015??!!

I mean how stupid u can really get?:coffee:

@ he-man did u research on revathi radar ?

No man,,but i may today.

Too bad its not happening.
To be frank our air force has become a bit greedy............and we are all gonna pay for that greed.

Rafale was fine had the deal been signed in 2012,,,,its almost 2015 now and no sign of the deal.
Then today there is a news that we are gonna start allocating the funds for AMCA starting 2015??!!

I mean how stupid u can really get?:coffee:

No man,,but i may today.

Exactly!The MMRCA deal would've been all good and dandy if the deal had been signed by 2012-13.But now,judging by the delay and cost escalation,the Rafale deal no longer seems to be lucrative.IAF has indeed gone greedy and we common Indians have to pay for it.That I absolutely agree with.

And as for AMCA,all I would say that it's another LCA in the making all over again,nough said.ADE hasn't learned a single thing from its past mistakes and again going for a much bigger bite that it could ever possibly hope to chew.That's why I don't like this particular laboratory of DRDO.

We already have the FGFA,so why would IAF need another 5th generation VLO fighter??What additional benifits the AMCA will provide that won't be available from the FGFA?? The AMCA will simply stretch the already over stretched manpower and resources available to ADE.Instead,conventional common sense says that they should dedicate their entire energy to get the LCA MkII ready for FOC and the AURA project.

But common sense is not so common in India.

Exactly!The MMRCA deal would've been all good and dandy if the deal had been signed by 2012-13.But now,judging by the delay and cost escalation,the Rafale deal no longer seems to be lucrative.IAF has indeed gone greedy and we common Indians have to pay for it.That I absolutely agree with.

And as for AMCA,all I would say that it's another LCA in the making all over again,nough said.ADE hasn't learned a single thing from its past mistakes and again going for a much bigger bite that it could ever possibly hope to chew.That's why I don't like this particular laboratory of DRDO.

We already have the FGFA,so why would IAF need another 5th generation VLO fighter??What additional benifits the AMCA will provide that won't be available from the FGFA?? The AMCA will simply stretch the already over stretched manpower and resources available to ADE.Instead,conventional common sense says that they should dedicate their entire energy to get the LCA MkII ready for FOC and the AURA project.

But common sense is not so common in India.

Damn man,,u share my views but then u bash me when i laugh at drdo/hal??
Why is that dude?

On lca,,,where is the freaking foc we were expecting this year?
Where is the rustom 1,,never mind the rustom 2.

U know the reason for all this mess,just like everyone else here.

We are into too many damn projects at the same time with little manpower and money to fund it all

Result-----FAILURE in almost everything

But i am waiting for @Dillinger

To call me jingoistic,,,hell i am one.
But to say air force and navy are beyond reproach is plain stupid.

Some of their decisions have baffled everyone,and there may be some mooonnneeyyyy involved there

SM. LAUNCH MODULE (16 NOS) 2 SET CANNOT BE TAKEN TO MEAN 16 CELLS DIVIDED INTO TO TWO BANKS OF 8 CELLS.
> doubling the rear VLUs > ( 16 (=2x8) instead of 1x8 ) twice

Yeah,and for expressing your frustrations you become a "spoiled rotten"!!Welcome to PDF.
It's not like all this stuff is cheap.... or poor quality as is. Consider what you had before: just the 3 P15s and the Rajput/Kashin ships providing AAW, and frigates with barely any SAMs.

Damn man,,u share my views but then u bash me when i laugh at drdo/hal??
Why is that dude?

On lca,,,where is the freaking foc we were expecting this year?
Where is the rustom 1,,never mind the rustom 2.

U know the reason for all this mess,just like everyone else here.

We are into too many damn projects at the same time with little manpower and money to fund it all

Result-----FAILURE in almost everything

Well,I bash you and anyone else when they start to unnecessarily start to Bash those agencies and projects which have been showing good potentials like the ARDE,CVRDE,VRDE,LRDE,NMRL etc.But the performance of the likes of ADE and GTRE has so far been disappointing and there is simply no way deny it.

Well,I bash you and anyone else when they start to unnecessarily start to Bash those agencies and projects which have been showing good potentials like the ARDE,CVRDE,VRDE,LRDE,NMRL etc.But the performance of the likes of ADE and GTRE has so far been disappointing and there is simply no way deny it.

Oh we simply differ on the word good potential then:lol:

It's not like all this stuff is cheap.... or poor quality as is. Consider what you had before: just the 3 P15s and the Rajput/Kashin ships providing AAW, and frigates with barely any SAMs.

2 things to ask

1> So P 15B has 48 LRSAM 16 X 2 and 16 x 1 ?

2> How can you say IN has no AAW? It has Shtil 1s in it's ship with 32 KM range, Barak 8s with 70km range, the collective numbers in a Carrier Group is very high!

@he-man @Omega007
Design rationalization, the lack of it, cannot be explained, not by me. I have no idea as to what we are unwilling to emulate global practices in this regard, it is not a matter of technology, that is for sure, at least not to a great extent.

True that:agree:

2 things to ask

1> So P 15B has 48 LRSAM 16 X 2 and 16 x 1 ?

2> How can you say IN has no AAW? It has Shtil 1s in it's ship with 32 KM range, Barak 8s with 70km range, the collective numbers in a Carrier Group is very high!

Yes, the 15B will accommodate 48 VLU cells for the Barak 8, IF the IN so chooses this can be further enhanced with another 16 VLU cells.

@he-man @Omega007
Design rationalization, the lack of it, cannot be explained, not be me. I have no idea as to what we are unwilling to emulate global practices in this regard, it is not a matter of technology, that is for sure, at least not to a great extent.

Right,,our designs are a bit behind.
I was kinda disappointed with kolkata class...........externally and internally(that stupidity of 32 missiles in storage:mad:)

But its all good considering what we had before:-)

Back
Top Bottom