What's new

First Project-15B Bangalore-class DDG hull : satellite pics

Lemurs are not found in Bengal.

I see, you didn't notice the issue then, when you do you might actually weep.

Could you please tell why I might weep??Sorry,I can't read that pdf file since I don't have access to my desktop right now and I'm presently stuck with my age old piss poor cell phone which do not support a PDF reader.So could you help me out please??

Could you please tell why I might weep??Sorry,I can't read that pdf file since I don't have access to my desktop right now and I'm presently stuck with my age old piss poor cell phone which do not support a PDF reader.So could you help me out please??

I don't want to say it, if the said detail translates to the actual ship from this model then I shall truly be unhappy, take your time, read it when you can.

I don't want to say it, if the said detail translates to the actual ship from this model then I shall truly be unhappy, take your time, read it when you can.

Then I would have to wait for a long long time.Because I'm in hostel and am not gonna get to return to home anytime soon.

Then I would have to wait for a long long time.Because I'm in hostel and am not gonna get to return to home anytime soon.

Hmmm...no change in the VSR between the 15A and the B, at least as far as the model is concerned, if the model itself is not indicative in all its details of what the Bs will be like or if this is just a mistake because the new VSR has not been zeroed in on then well and good...OTHERWISE....

Hmmm...no change in the VSR between the 15A and the B, at least as far as the model is concerned, if the model itself is not indicative in all its details of what the Bs will be like or if this is just a mistake because the new VSR has not been zeroed in on then well and good...OTHERWISE....

Do you wish to say something after a look at the tender? :woot:

WHAT!!Are you serious??!!Man,now I feel like driving a semi trailer loaded with TNT right into the NDB office!!Damn it!!

Do you wish to say something after a look at the tender? :woot:

Ummm..what? That there are 48 VLU cells for the SAMs, I already stated in the previous thread that there would be. What else?

Last edited:
Do do so, this is going to be a BIG lolwa if it comes about to be true.

I could manage the semi trailer,but who's gonna supply a trailer load of TNT??

And what's the lolwa part here - the design of P 15B or me hitting the NDB with the trailer of death?? :p

I could manage the semi trailer,but who's gonna supply a trailer load of TNT??

And what's the lolwa part here - the design of P 15B or me hitting the NDB with the trailer of death?? :p

The 15B, as I had guessed, there is enough space for another 2*8 VLU to add to the farm.

The model, if it is indicative, points to an absence of any SR-SAM for point defence and the continuation of the old RAWL-02 VSR.

The 15B, as I had guessed, there is enough space for another 2*8 VLU to add to the farm.

The model, if it is indicative, points to an absence of any SR-SAM for point defence and the continuation of the old RAWL-02 VSR.

Yeah,you already mentioned the VSR part,and now this??!!They shouldn't call it P 15B then.Why not continue with A??What's the difference??Now this is what I call a real Clusterfuck.

The ASTER-30 and the Barak-8ER have the same parameters expect for absolute speed, and that too the Barak-8 have a better lateral acceleration. So how will the Aster's do anything beyond TBM interception? The SM-2IIIB I can buy, since its Taylor made for doubling in for TBM intercepts.
It is not in the missiles but in the radar and CMS.

http://www.mazagondock.gov.in/newsite2010/pdfs/sb_pmt_aug13/Tender_no_1600000114.pdf
Tender document of P15B.
Check page no 10-11 for weapon LAUNCH MODULE numbers. 8-)
So, it will be
8*2 - BrahMos / Nirbhay
16*1 - SRSAM
16*2 - Barak 8 ER
2 - AK 630 M

@Penguin @sancho please comment on sensors.
Tender for a 03 Ft Ship Model of P15B as per TSP

1.6.4 02 DECK:
SL. DESCRIPTION QTY. NOS

1 BR. LAUNCH MODULE (8 NOS) 2 SET
2 S.M. LAUNCH MODULE (16 NOS) 1 SET
11 AK 630 M 4
16 SM. LAUNCH MODULE (16 NOS) 2 SET > i.e. doubling the rear VLUs. OR 16 cells, split in 2 seperate 8- cell units

1.6.6 BRIDGE TOP/04 DECK
SL. DESCRIPTION QTY.
NOS

4 GN. BAL-E 1
8 ANT 5P –10E 1
10 LW-8 MK- III/RAWL-02 1 <<<!!!!!

Last edited:
In my opinion,a load of 48 MRSAMs and 16 AShMs are a bit too low for a "futuristic" DDG and that too a "8000 tonner".For a DDG of the size and tonnage of P 15B,a reasonable weapons load out would be 56-64 VLS for LRSAMs+32 QR SAMs+16 AShMs+8 LACMs.I mean just look at the size of the ships!!They are ~153 meter long for crying out loud!!Is it too much to ask for a better space management to accommodate a more reasonable weapon load out suitable for the size??
At 163m They will be longer if narrower compared to Burke class and have lesser displacement. You are focussing on the missiles only. Don't ignore the ASW fit: 2x RBU 6000, 4x 533mm torpedotubes and 2 Medium helicopters.

What is AB?
Arleigh Burke class destroyer of the USN.

At 163m They will be longer if narrower compared to Burke class and have lesser displacement. You are focussing on the missiles only. Don't ignore the ASW fit: 2x RBU 6000, 4x 533mm torpedotubes and 2 Medium helicopters.
Off-topic question what is your thought towards a replacement for the RBU6000, and toward the aging helicopter fleet of the navy and any possible replacements.

Yeah,you already mentioned the VSR part,and now this??!!They shouldn't call it P 15B then.Why not continue with A??What's the difference??Now this is what I call a real Clusterfuck.
The difference may not be in the AAW missilery... rather it may be in structure, stealth features etc. I'm picking up 'spoiled rotten'-sounds....

Back
Top Bottom