What's new

Fire Maj. Gen. Ghayur Mehmood

its best not to answer to morons like you but just FYI, i have visited FATA three times during the mil-ops embedded with the PA and have some first-hand knowledge of what the General is saying......

I clicked "thanks" on your post to thank you for letting everyone know who the "moron" is!!.. visiting there 3 times, and suffering "collateral damage" are two different things.. and no you DO NOT have first-hand knowledge of "collateral damage".. thats what i was referring to.. be my guest.. do not VISIT there.. STAY there with your family.. again, as i said before and you underlined it.. lets see if you can put your "life" where your mouth is!!!..

Average No. of deaths from US drone strikes in Pakistan, 2004-2010

c = civilian
m=militants

2004-07
c=9
m=92

c=144
m=149

c=143
m=383

2010 ----------->>>(the general was referring to this!!!)
c=46
m=748

source;new america foundation

Strikes by Target

target..........2004-07.....2008.....2009.....2010.....2011.....total
taliban..........6...............11........27........42.........8...........94
B/mahsud.....0................1.........16........n/a........n/a........17 (17 hits on b/mahsud)
al qaeda.......5...............10.........9.........8...........1...........33 (al qaeda dissapearing....??)
haqqani........1................2..........4.........16..........1..........24(expect these to intensify)
unclear.........0...............13.........4.........68..........14........99(missed target/bad intell/colleteral damage.....??)

source;new american foundation

All i can say is... LOL.. and.. Pathetic!!

Fire Maj. Gen. Ghayur Mehmood

The General should also be relieved of his command and asked to go home. There should be no double standards. As of March 9th, General Mehmood has lost the respect of the 7th Division, and he has lost the trust of the Pakistanis people. He should not be wearing the Pakistan Army Uniform.

General Kayani enjoys popular support in Pakistan and the Army. Lack of strict action by General Kayani against General Mehmood will reduce his stature among the people of Pakistan. General Kayani should look within his ranks and eliminate support for drone bombings.

Maj. Gen. Ghayur succeeded Maj. Gen. Nadir Zaib as IG FC KPK. Pakistan Army for life :pakistan:
No more comments.

“Most of the targets are hardcore militants,” said Maj. Gen. Ghayur Mehmood.

His statement is wrong, dead wrong.

General Mehmood doesn’t know the facts if he says that that most of those killed in the aerial attacks by CIA-operated pilot-less planes in north-west Pakistan were “hardcore al-Qaeda and Taliban terrorists.” Gneral Mehmood needs some education and training–and not the one he got in Langley.

The General’s strange statement that “The number of innocent people being killed is relatively low.” should be condemned at the highest levels and he should be taken to task. Just labeling it as a “personal assessment’ is not good enough. Foreign Minister Qureshi had to give up his job for confronting allies and friends. Major General Mehmood should be stripped of his stars and put in jail for “approving” the attack on civilians in Pakistan, for tolerating the violation of Pakistani sovereignty–and justifying illegal murders.

That was how to simplify the equation.
The author starts with # of people TARGETED and then shifts to # of people killed.

without giving carring as much the furry crack of rat's behind about intelligence, timing, weapon availability, precision, weather, etc etc etc etc ....

So what happened? Nothing I believe. Means all generals are in on this?

I would much rather believe the General's account. He is on the ground and knows the facts best - much more credible than the New America foundation!

The blog author seems to be one of Gen Zia's remnants - these are the retired military officers, right wing clerics, and bureacrats who sold out their country to promote a pseudo-religious fascist ideology exported by their Salafi friends in Saudi. These are the same people who backed the thugs from Lal Masjid, and support persecution of minorities including shia muslims. These are the folks who were not so secretly happy when the Taliban were terrorizing Swat, and are now terrified that the military may actually pull the trigger on an operation against their friends in North Waziristan. They are the enemy within.

Back
Top Bottom