What's new

Fifth Of India's Underwater Fleet Out Of Action

get lost idiot!

he is telling the truth, you are offical sources confirm this yet amatuers on forums just start bloating around..
why do you think china strifes so much and comes up with a relatively inferior ship intially and then builds upon it and improves it further. India with no experience is suddenly building a carrier..
its because china has no real access to foreign designs
i will give one example, there is a long list
India has started acquiring warship engines from the US, and LM-2500 engines are also being installed on board India’s three aircraft carriers under construction or planned now. The US Government allowed GE to sell them to India only last year and four engines for the first Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) have already been acquired.

The Navy has been so busy with the acquisition of surface warships that submarines were totally neglected.

A very poor set of planning by a callous MOD, but it had to go with respect to our defence budget limits.

Sadly, a lot of money has gone in scams and scandals thanks to the current government, which could have been used to create a more robust and far sighted defence plan apart from fueling the economy.

Ordering everything on the spot will get us nothing. The point is, 10 years from now on, we should be able to not just make our own weapons but also be able to innovate and technologically advance in it.

Till date, indigenous projects were delayed with the sole pupose of keeping Indians waiting and fooling for fat pay commissions by middle men and politicians.

Now things are changing.

It will take some time but we will get there.

Right now we are capable enough to tackle any regional conflict.

What is needed is a strong leadership that can take decisions with an iron fist.

India's development of weapon technology should be independent of its military requirement that it can purchase. Sometimes, delays and failure for procurement are cause by the requirement of TOT. An example is the sub project. If India purchase them off the shelf, they would have the subs by now. I'm not saying that India should not develop new technology, but his development should be independent of what it can purchase.

he is telling the truth, you are offical sources confirm this yet amatuers on forums just start bloating around..

Which official sources and what do they confirm?
I've replied to that poster using facts,Yes there are docks in India capable of building Nuclear submarines,We have enough experience in related areas and navy is building a new dock under 'Project varsha' to house its Nuclear Submarines

At least,bother to read the post before quoting them.

why do you think china strifes so much and comes up with a relatively inferior ship intially and then builds upon it and improves it further. India with no experience is suddenly building a carrier..
its because china has no real access to foreign designs

Well let me tell you,Cochin Shipyard Limited,who built our aircraft carrier,has experience in building 100,000 tonne tanker ships and have capability to build 125,000 tonne ships.So they can easily build a 40,000 tonne vessel

And you seem to think that India has no prior experience in designing and building ships for Indian Navy,let me burst your bubble.

ndia have designed and built several Naval ships in the past,Upcoming Kolkata class destroyer ,Shivalik class frigate,Delhi class destroyer,Godavari class frigate,Brahmaputra class frigate many more landing ships,replenishment oilers,

Now do you think Vikrant class is a foreign design?who helped us?

Now read this,

Vikrant Class design and features

Designed by the Directorate of Naval Design, the aircraft carrier can operate a combination of Russian MiG-29K, Ka31 and the indigenous light combat aircraft. It will be powered by two LM2500 gas turbines. The design incorporates highly automated systems for machinery operation, ship navigation and survivability.

Vikrant Class - Naval Technology

i will give one example, there is a long list
India has started acquiring warship engines from the US, and LM-2500 engines are also being installed on board India’s three aircraft carriers under construction or planned now. The US Government allowed GE to sell them to India only last year and four engines for the first Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) have already been acquired.

This is not an example,Even Chinese warships use Ukrainian gas turbines,as they do not have a capable marine gas turbine,We tested Kaveri Marine Gas Turbine back in 2008,but it is only 12 MW,not capable for propelling any of India's new aircraft carrier/destroyer/frigate classes

So any Indian plans of acquiring submarines directly from France:
6 Scorpions SSKs
6 Andrasta Coastal SSKs

Also:
6 U-214 from Germany

From Russia:
6 Amur 1950 SSKs
6 Amur 950 Coastal SSKs

So any Indian plans of acquiring submarines directly from France:
6 Scorpions SSKs
6 Andrasta Coastal SSKs

Also:
6 U-214 from Germany

From Russia:
6 Amur 1950 SSKs
6 Amur 950 Coastal SSKs

Is that your signature ? ....all your posts end with this 'thing' Lol ( just kidding ...don't get offended ! )

India's development of weapon technology should be independent of its military requirement that it can purchase. Sometimes, delays and failure for procurement are cause by the requirement of TOT. An example is the sub project. If India purchase them off the shelf, they would have the subs by now. I'm not saying that India should not develop new technology, but his development should be independent of what it can purchase.

Don't agree completely ...If you take out the ' need' which is driving factor ...you won't simply develop....
Technology develops if there is pressing ' need' incentive.

We need incentives in almost everything we do

Indian should be serious in getting these directly from their manufacturer as it will be quicker for them. Although for local Submarines, they have done what most of the nations not able to achieve which is N-Submarines and they are acquiring 4 of them.

I am also on the side that IN should take away the contract from MDL, India which will not be able to deliver the submarine till the next 3 years and I am sure that if DCNS will be given contract then they will be able to deliver:
6 Scorpions
6 Andrasta
By 2019-2020.

Also same for Germany and Russia..

why there are still so many clueless Indians saying this and that about that useless metal stud? its nothing but an assembly of foreign parts with foreign equipment and hardware according to an Italian blueprint.

how long will take for those illusive Indians to know the primitiveness of their tech and incompetency. haven't we seen enough clownish and funny shows put on by them since the very beginning?

why there are still so many clueless Indians saying this and that about that useless metal stud? its nothing but an assembly of foreign parts with foreign equipment and hardware according to an Italian blueprint.

So you are trying to troll as usual,got any proofs for your claims??
Let me ask two questions,What gas turbine engine do Chinese naval ships use and who developed Su 33??

how long will take for those illusive Indians to know the primitiveness of their tech and incompetency. haven't we seen enough clownish and funny shows put on by them since the very beginning?

Educate me about it.

2 subs out of action at a stroke.

Thank god it wasn't the Arihant this time, but you never if it wouldn't be the Arihant next time.

Fingers and toes crossed.

By the way, India's propensity to self-destruction is unparalleled!:yay:

As usual nothing worth discussing in your post ...... :wave:

2 subs out of action at a stroke.

Thank god it wasn't the Arihant this time, but you never if it wouldn't be the Arihant next time.

Fingers and toes crossed.

By the way, India's propensity to self-destruction is unparalleled!:yay:

You think they have the funds?

Collapsing rupee,expanding CAD,sky-high inflation,balloning fiscal deficits,industrial production in contraction,policy paralysis,etc etc,the Indian economy is on its knees。GDP growth of 4.5% at best。

These people always talk in future tense。

Pathetic!

The Indian Naval Submarine arm will get the following submarines around the end of this decade.....

(1) 6 scorpenes to be delivered by Mazgaon Docks Limited, Mumbai (first to be rolled out in 2014-15)
(2) 4 Arihant class submarines all nuclear powered SSBN (1 Complete, 2nd launch early 2014, construction started on 3rd hull.)
(3) Release of Akula II , one more by 2019, 2020.
(4) P75I RFP issued on september 2013, est signing date 2015, 2 to be built in foreign dock delivery estd 4 yrs hence 2019. Rest 4 in India by state owned dockyards, 2021.
(5) SSBN boomer class Arihant follow on submarines

#BTW that was a pathetic troll....

Troller Spotted!!!!!

You are a pathetic troller man!!! or rather a cheap 50 Cent party poster, attach any credible sources if you have any....
Terming Reverse Engineered products as Innovations wont overshadow your primitiveness as well....

So you are trying to troll as usual,got any proofs for your claims??
Let me ask two questions,What gas turbine engine do Chinese naval ships use and who developed Su 33??

Educate me about it.

supurised you asked for 'education' which is serioulsy lack in India as the case of PDF is full of clueless Indian delusion and empty brags

http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GlobalCompetitivenessReport_2012-13.pdf
have a nice read of this paper (as i mentioned this to members of PDF, especially Indians, to have a close study of this paper every year when the paper published, and it seems Indian brians are incompatible with hard reality)

the bottom line: India is a factor driven primitive economy.

Data | The World Bank
and world bank data mercelessly destroied the vivid dream of India the 'IT power', as its annual high tech export (inclues IT products export) is less than a region of 7 million people--HK

SJR - Compare countries
the 'demon' SJR comparitive diagrams set a new way to bash Indian's cluelss dream``
its software influences and intellectual output is nowhere even near the third tie groups, yet on this vevry forum we constantly hearing we 'good' at this and that``bla bla bla```

Back
Top Bottom